Don't covet your neighbors ox

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN

Reaction score
He won't sell him to me anyway... :cry2: tried to buy this meat wagon for a few years and won't turn him loose. Only on five cows, cell phone don't even start to do him justice...
image79.jpg

We've never been lucky to have a neighboring bull of any account. They are usually scraggly sale barn buys, sometimes rodeo rejects.. In fact, i have a cow in the corral who is a product of a rodeo bull who jumped our fence... She's a nice cow, has a lot of brangus in her. Kept her because she's really nice. BUT, get her in the pen alone and she's dangerous. We just dont get her alone, problem solved. Have her in the coral right now, she's the mother to the gimpy steer we sold this weekend. You can tell she's not out of any of our bulls.

Looks like ya'll could use a little rain, we are in the same situation. Since he only has five cows maybe you could ask him about moving a pair of your best cows across the road to keep Mr. Ox company during breeding season?

cowgirl8":6qc3lhqc said:
We've never been lucky to have a neighboring bull of any account. They are usually scraggly sale barn buys, sometimes rodeo rejects.. In fact, i have a cow in the corral who is a product of a rodeo bull who jumped our fence... She's a nice cow, has a lot of brangus in her. Kept her because she's really nice. BUT, get her in the pen alone and she's dangerous. We just dont get her alone, problem solved. Have her in the coral right now, she's the mother to the gimpy steer we sold this weekend. You can tell she's not out of any of our bulls.
He couldn't have been too bad if you kept the calf out of him.

I could send you that bull of ours that you like so much. His time here is done so its just matter of times before he heads to town

JWBrahman":1xgd7ibz said:
Looks like ya'll could use a little rain, we are in the same situation. Since he only has five cows maybe you could ask him about moving a pair of your best cows across the road to keep Mr. Ox company during breeding season?
had five inches couple weeks ago,but dried out quick...if he don't die or cripple up first. he's still in the future
We had a pow wow yesterday :cowboy:

Had a neighbor bull get on one of my lease places earlier this year. I forgot to tell him for a couple of weeks he was in there. One of the best Pioneer sons ive seen...

ALACOWMAN":3nior6zi said:
Jake":3nior6zi said:
I could send you that bull of ours that you like so much. His time here is done so its just matter of times before he heads to town
. He's a good one just not a 1/4 mile away.... :cowboy:

We can fix that :cboy:

Isomade":3k85zvlz said:
Had a neighbor bull get on one of my lease places earlier this year. I forgot to tell him for a couple of weeks he was in there. One of the best Pioneer sons ive seen...
. Couple cows he's with are longhorn cross's...don't mean to sound condescending.but I think this bull potential has been wasted.... Some of the best bulls out there are here and gone before they ever make the bull of the month status..

ALACOWMAN":3cp7qsq4 said:
[youtube]zEhI6xGcSyQ[/youtube]
You think he is that good? If his calves look like him from LH cows find him another bull and maybe toss in a couple heifers, too. Somebody, pretty sure it was you, said you could drive the tires off your pickup trying to find a good bull these days. :nod:

Toad":m7iwiad1 said:
cowgirl8":m7iwiad1 said:
He couldn't have been too bad if you kept the calf out of him.
This bull was a rodeo reject. Meaner than all getout. Charged me every time i went into the pasture when he was with our cows. Owner used a shotgun to move him around. Tallest bull i've ever been around, stood about 6 ft at the shoulder. He was a brangus mix, or maybe all old school brangus. Just wormed the cow with her in the herd, her back scrapes the top of the chute. And,maybe she looks good because she's out of a good cow? ;-)

JWBrahman":10cnstzz said:
ALACOWMAN":10cnstzz said:
[youtube]zEhI6xGcSyQ[/youtube]
You think he is that good? If his calves look like him from LH cows find him another bull and maybe toss in a couple heifers, too. Somebody, pretty sure it was you, said you could drive the tires off your pickup trying to find a good bull these days. :nod:
No I said to chuckie, you'd have to drive the tires off your truck to find a bull like her's...I did say you don't have to drive more than 20 mile to find a good one...

Dogs and Cows":3pqr0v0b said:
Alacowman...can't you work something out where your neighbor would lease him to you for breeding?? He is a nice looking bull!

Tim
. He don't rotate bulls as often as I do..I've have used 3 bulls already to his one...he's a transplant engineer by trade, have to use kid gloves to reason with him... :cowboy: