Donor Cow

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan":2opdsnbj said:
.... thank you for viewing the days of our lives.

You mean Cattle toDays of our lives.

Will Layla leave Matt for spending to much time on the computer talking about cows he probably doesn't even own?

Or will Matt leave Layla and go back to booze and his sinful ways?

Or is there a chance Matt and Layla will get married, Matt will stay off the booze, stay with the lord and have the most successful sale of this decade?

Stay tuned to Cattle toDays of our lives to find out.

THG":154iepxk said:
SEC":154iepxk said:
THG":154iepxk said:
KMacGinley":154iepxk said:
Hill: That is one nice hereford. :)

Are you going all herefords?

What of your former posts were true?

I think that it would help us all if you explained exactly where you were coming from in the past when you were posting your, shall we say.... ambitious plans to become the Dr. Evil of the cattle industry. :)

I would be more likely to take you seriously if you would elaborate on the new you. :)
Again, change and God have really came into my life along with a beautiful girl at has really done a lot for me. I was at one time so down, I would drank alcohol for pretty much entire days and thought that the end was near for me and my road in the cattle business was over. Now since having many meetings with my preacher and AA classes and phsycial help, I am guaranteed back on track with my life. Then when I met my girlfriend a few months ago, she was a big thing in my life and still is today. We both love each other very much and she has moved in with me.

THG

Being religous now (excellent) have you read the part in the Bible where is says we aren't supposed to shack up until we are married??
I think it reads about marriage before birth, correct?

THG
Is fornication before birth not fornication? Can someone explain this? I am at a loss here.

Ryder":1jnkjbkk said:
Is fornication before birth not fornication? Can someone explain this? I am at a loss here.

:lol: I guess basic biblical principles could have different cannotations in Virginia....I've never been there!

Perhaps you should check with Jerry Falwell about this, Ryder?

Luke 6:27-28
27"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
Luke 6:37
37"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Unless you've led a perfect life with no regrets, let's keep the personal attacks and judgements to ourselves.

iowahawkeyes":2yq8a31a said:
looks like he took his ball and went home :cry: ;-)

THG":2yq8a31a said:
Dear Friends, I have grown up and learnt my lessons and now I want to move on with my life. I have listened to your alls post for quite sometime now and some of them were great and some weren't. I have five things in my life that I have been blessed with; God, Family, Friends, my girlfriend, and herefords. God speed to you all and I am going to pay more attention to my herefords, my girlfriend, family and friends along with Gods help. I tell you what, if there is anyone, anyone, that would like to ever contact me, jsut let me know and I will send you my number through PM. I am not afarid to talk with anyone about hereford cattle or whatever. I can't till the fall of 2009, it will be a blessed day for me and my farm. My reputation is being built back nicely and I am now just moving on with my life.

Again, take care everyone and this is the end, I mean it, no more returns back. I have matured into a new person now.

THG

I've always loved reading exit manifestos! Although this one was less eloquent and much shorter than so many that I've seen!

I've seen a LOT of exit manifestos in the 11+ years that I've participated in online message boards, 6 of those years as the admin/moderator of an active board, much like this, that covered a different subject.

Most participants who are truly bent on leaving an "online community" like this don't post a manifesto. They just leave! Those who DO post the manifestos are generally looking for "attaboys" and "Please, PLEASE don't go!" replies. You know, replies that stroke their ego.

As a admin/moderator it was always interesting to sit back after a participant posted their manifesto, view the replies it got, then watch the IP and traffic logs to see how many times the person "who left" checked back in!

At some point later (hours, days, months), there'd inevitably be something posted on the boards that piqued their interest so much that they'd re-register under a different user name and start posting again. It happened most of the time!

It was seldom very long before they slipped up and exposed who they REALLY were – through their distinctive posting style or something that they wrote. Being "caught" usually resulted in their slinking back to "lurking status" ….or another longer and even more eloquent manifesto! One particular member posted manifestos 4 times and he was back posting again at the time that I quit moderating that board!

If it wasn't for the fact that I really HOPE that Matt has truly left here for good (for his sake), I'd propose getting a pool together betting on when the next incarnation will make its return! Why should the Mods here have ALL the fun?

George

Herefords.US":30n9euw1 said:
iowahawkeyes":30n9euw1 said:
looks like he took his ball and went home :cry: ;-)

THG":30n9euw1 said:
Dear Friends, I have grown up and learnt my lessons and now I want to move on with my life. I have listened to your alls post for quite sometime now and some of them were great and some weren't. I have five things in my life that I have been blessed with; God, Family, Friends, my girlfriend, and herefords. God speed to you all and I am going to pay more attention to my herefords, my girlfriend, family and friends along with Gods help. I tell you what, if there is anyone, anyone, that would like to ever contact me, jsut let me know and I will send you my number through PM. I am not afarid to talk with anyone about hereford cattle or whatever. I can't till the fall of 2009, it will be a blessed day for me and my farm. My reputation is being built back nicely and I am now just moving on with my life.

Again, take care everyone and this is the end, I mean it, no more returns back. I have matured into a new person now.

THG

I've always loved reading exit manifestos! Although this one was less eloquent and much shorter than so many that I've seen!

I've seen a LOT of exit manifestos in the 11+ years that I've participated in online message boards, 6 of those years as the admin/moderator of an active board, much like this, that covered a different subject.

Most participants who are truly bent on leaving an "online community" like this don't post a manifesto. They just leave! Those who DO post the manifestos are generally looking for "attaboys" and "Please, PLEASE don't go!" replies. You know, replies that stroke their ego.

As a admin/moderator it was always interesting to sit back after a participant posted their manifesto, view the replies it got, then watch the IP and traffic logs to see how many times the person "who left" checked back in!

At some point later (hours, days, months), there'd inevitably be something posted on the boards that piqued their interest so much that they'd re-register under a different user name and start posting again. It happened most of the time!

It was seldom very long before they slipped up and exposed who they REALLY were – through their distinctive posting style or something that they wrote. Being "caught" usually resulted in their slinking back to "lurking status" ….or another longer and even more eloquent manifesto! One particular member posted manifestos 4 times and he was back posting again at the time that I quit moderating that board!

If it wasn't for the fact that I really HOPE that Matt has truly left here for good (for his sake), I'd propose getting a pool together betting on when the next incarnation will make its return! Why should the Mods here have ALL the fun?

George

I just wish he would go Angus. We don't need seedstock producers like him out there.

6M Ranch":3ela6iku said:
Unless you've led a perfect life with no regrets, let's keep the personal attacks and judgements to ourselves.

Utter nonsense. This is NOT the morality forum; BUT in Matt's case he brought up the topic of God AND his Church AND his relationship with Layla. I don't think there was anything inappropriate AT ALL in then saying that his lifestyle was not entirely Christ-like. St Paul went in to great detail in what was appropriate for a Christian regarding sexual relations....and St Augustine and OTHERS went into even greater detail expounding on what Paul taught. We did not introduce a motion to kick Matt out of his Church. We did not send a letter to the Bishop asking that Matt be excommunicated. We did not give Matt 40 lashes or stone Layla and we did not burn anybody at the stake or burn anybody's house down, so I do not see where anyone was judged. We simply pointed out the inconsistency between Matt's lifestyle and the tenets of the faith he professed. If I post that I kicked a puppy today (and I didn't but we are in hypothetical land here) I would hope that somebody on here would have the moral compass and the backbone to tell me that kicking puppys is wrong.....even if they HAVE in their past wrongly kicked puppys themselves. Calling yourself, your brethren, and the world to a higher standard is part of living your faith. Now MY comment perhaps was a snide swipe at Matt. I confess that my use of "Dr Laura" terminology was a bit crude; but this ridiculous feel good theology that everybody is supposed to keep their mouth shut when confronted by all manners of evil and wickedness is NOT Biblically based and can not be justified by a full reading of the scriptures.

Brandonm2":lqqj5u8c said:
I confess that my use of "Dr Laura" terminology was a bit crude; but this ridiculous feel good theology that everybody is supposed to keep their mouth shut when confronted by all manners of evil and wickedness is NOT Biblically based and can not be justified by a full reading of the scriptures.

Amen to that!

I consider myself very spiritual, but not very religious. Maybe only people who have beliefs similar to mine can understand that difference.

The hypocrisy in 6M Ranch's post should be evident. Is not admonishing others for being judgmental BEING judgmental?

George

LOL.

My favorite is when someone takes something from an internet message board, then "reports" it to someone else, who then admonishes folks for gossiping.

Are not the "reporters" really gossipers, if they contributed to the interaction?

Badlands

The problem with this board is all of the self-professed experts who attack others to make themselves feel better. Then invariable, all of the sheep will join in. This board is about cattle Q & A, not to judge Matt or anyone else against a standard they can't live up to themselves. If you don't like him, don't respond. All of the cute comments about spending time with his girl instead of reading this forum aren't appropriate. Why don't some of the 1000+++++ posters take their own advice and spend more time on their personal business?

I do believe that I have told Matt that currently I have no gal, no cows (I will be back in the cow business....seriously doubt that I will EVER court any young ladies ever again.), so I have plenty of time on my hands to give WHATEVER advice that I want to give. Since when is NOT moving a mistress in to your house, a DIFFICULT standard!!! Slap an engagement ring on the girl's finger for decency's sake and her public reputation. (I still want an explanation of WHAT an "intervention talk" is and WHY that was needed). I CERTAINLY have never moved a gal into my house; but one would THINK that IF you did, you probably SHOULD make yourself focus on the young lady.....even IF you would rather be posting about you 2009 bull sale. Maybe I am a worst case scenario thinker; but I don't think it was inappropriate at all of me to ask Matt why he was not focusing on the lady who he has placed in a position where she COULD make or break him. (see palimony, divorce, custody battles, paternity tests, domestic violence allegations, etc)

I don't doubt for a minute that Matt has knowledge (Matt truly knows things that I don't know), that Matt has potential, or even that Matt COULD achieve greatness in this or another field. What Matt needs is discipline. The discipline to tell the truth. The discipline to think before he speaks. If someone is STUPID as a rock, then tell them whatever they want to hear so they will feel good about their day. If someone has the potential to achieve something, ride them hard so maybe they do raise their game to a higher level and actually do achieve something in this life. Clearly you are free to disagree with me all you want to.

Well said Brandon.
The only thing I would say is that if the advise, both from you and from others was well meaning, (I believe in most cases it was) private would have achieved what we all want in a more construtive way.

You said the word though "discipline"
If Matt could get alittle of that he could go along way.

Lets let this one die, shall we?

MD

Latest posts