Dog want stay home

Help Support CattleToday:

hillrancher

Reaction score
I have a stock dog 2 yrs old. He will go to the neighbors when the chores are done. I have tried every thing to make him stay at home. It started last summer they took him in as a stray. Feed him took him into the house. We have two places he was going to the other place and they picked him up on the road. Living in the country no one keeps their dogs up everyone know who is who just run them home if they come by. These people are from the city and say they just cannot be mean to the dog. I keep him up at night just hate to keep him tied all the time. Because I need him to keep the critters run off.
Any suggestions. Thanks

Your neighbors have rewarded him for "visiting" them, and that is going to be hard to overcome. I would either tie him up, build a dog pen to keep him in when I could not supervise him, put him in the house, or plan on spending a whole lot of time time watching him out of the window to correct this behavior.

Get a dog kennel. I put my dogs in one when I go out. We live so close to a busy road and I have already lost one dog and crippled up another. I kennel them now when I am out. They just go in when I say "kennel up". it is 10 x 10. We put the dog house in there.

Latest posts