Dog Fight

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
What is the nastiest dog fight you have witnessed? Yesterday my neighbors two boxers came over to my house and after a few sniffs and growls with my 14 month old red heeler Boaz the fight was on. I was extremely surprised that Boaz transformed from a lap-dog wannabe to a raging, fighting machine. By the time I had crossed a 2 acre stretch of ground he had chewed up both boxers and had them on the run for home. He didn't have a scratch but both boxers were bleeding from the face and ears. Boaz weighs about 40 lbs while the two boxers were 50 to 70 lbs each. The Heeler was WAY too fast for them.....he seemed to be all over them in a fraction of a second. I went to the neighbors house to explain and being the good neighbor that he is he was apologizing for his dogs coming over and said they they deserved the chewing. He was amazed that Boaz was that aggressive in a fight since he is mostly a big tail wagging baby. This was really just a minor skirmish and would have probably went the other way had the fight lasted longer but I think the two boxers were more surprised than I was. I know boxers are tough dogs but so are Heelers.......Boaz took a kick from the bull the other day that would have killed a man but he just rolled with it, backed off and went for the bulls nose. He limped around for an afternoon but is non worse for wear. I had a blue tick hound that would fight a buzz saw and win. I saw him in some doozies were major stitching and vet bills were in order for both dogs.......and no these were not fights for sport but incidental fights that happen when two alpha male dogs meet.

I had a redtick cure dog mix named Leroy and he was a bad azz. The worst dog fight the I ever saw was. One time I left the gate open at the house and a good looking gal in a jeep pulled up my driveway to the house. She had a bull dog in the front seat next to her, and my dogs went to barking and her dog jumped out of the jeep. Well it didn't work out very good for anybody. She tried to save her dog and was bit 3-4 times to the tune of a few hundred stiches. My dogs were quarantined and then the county wanted to destroy them. I have seen lots of dog fights. Anytime you hunt with dogs you will have some fights. Some dogs are fine till they get to the dead deer or hog. Then one of the dogs will try to claim it as theirs, and then the trouble starts.

Hoss, the Australian cattle dog has a pretty good reputation at being able to handle himself over here. The wrinkled up ears on many mature males is usually testament to be involved in many scraps. Good watch dogs too, they are usually onto an intruders leg before they even realise the dog is around.
Sounds like Boaz is shaping up good.
Ken

wbvs58":3r4f8p50 said:
Hoss, the Australian cattle dog has a pretty good reputation at being able to handle himself over here. The wrinkled up ears on many mature males is usually testament to be involved in many scraps. Good watch dogs too, they are usually onto an intruders leg before they even realise the dog is around.
Sounds like Boaz is shaping up good.
Ken
The more I am around the breed the more I am impressed with their intelligence level. They seem to know exactly what you are saying and they communicate intensely with their eyes.....you can really read the expressions there.

Mine seems to be tough as nails too. The thing that concerns me is I don't know if they know how small they really are or if they know when to give up. Eli took on a bad momma cow that wanted to squash me in the dark. I never even saw her or her calf till it was too late and she was about three steps from me then Eli hit her head on and chomped till she gave up.

I have a very close friend that was just like a blue heeler, he had one too. He was small and so fast I've seen him have guys whipped before they even realized they were being hit.
As far as dogs I had a male black lab that lived to almost 16, he was small for a lab and tough as nails. Never saw him loose or back down till he tackled two German Shepherds, he didn't know a third one was in the bunch. He was winning till #3 showed up, he was glad to see me get there and help him make it to the truck. Should have seen the look on his face, he never had any dogs he couldn't handle.
He would also tackle any cow, I've seen him latch to a nose and be slung 20' or more, hit the ground and run back as fast as he could and latch on again. He had no quit. Man I miss that dog.
He died while my wife was pregnant with my first son, I swear that dog hitched a ride back here in that boy. I just see to much to be coincidence.

I've had several blue heelers over the years. LOVE those dogs.... tough, smart, and loyal. Best dogs I ever had. My last one is now 17 years old, blind, deaf, but still getting around pretty good. Have to keep her in a kennel now as she wanders off and can't hear or see me when I go calling for her!! :-(

we keep aussie shepards an have had a few that loved to fight.1 loved to fight so bad that he would fight an whipp any dog around.even when he was old he would still fight.not to long before he died he got whipped.but he wouldnt quit he ended up whipping the dog that whipped him before he died.

My little heeler b!tch is my guardian angel. She doesn't work because my wife got after her for going after the chickens a few times and it ruined her but I can take her anytime I think I might wind up in trouble and when things get ugly she's the one that gets them off of me. :heart: You'll have a hard time finding a tougher dog.
Curs will come pretty close though. :nod:

I've never once had a dog get in a fight and probably never will. If they show that tendency they get gone around here, no questions asked.

jallen":31duy4zg said:
I've never once had a dog get in a fight and probably never will. If they show that tendency they get gone around here, no questions asked.
Wait until you have a bytch in heat. Even the cut border collies fight then.

Bitches in heat stay crated inside. The boys get crazy but they know I'm meaner than all them combined.

My red heeler is toughest but loyal dog I ever had. Thrashed up few coyotes, a larger fisher and some neighbor's un-neutered males too. She won't let the male dogs bred her as she wants them to be dead.

I watched two of my boerboels literally gut somebody's bird dog that was messin' with my chicken coop one night. By the time I realized what was happening it was too late. They had that dog deader than Kelsey's nuts in what seemed like less than 30 seconds. You might not call that a fight, but it is what it is. So, that is what I would say the worst dog fight I've ever seen is.

This is why I chose the dogs I did. I got tired of having dogs get chewed up by stuff they tangle with. I was forever doctorin' up mutts that would fuss with coons or groundhogs. These boerboels will smash a coon down with their front paws and literally crush its entire head with one bite.

Dogs and Cows":dr0m4uie said:
I generally don't tolerate a fighting dog around my place...but some of the toughest dogs I have had were my Plott bear dogs. One in particular named Rad. He was the nicest dog you would ever meet...but good golly...don't try and start anything with him at all (and by this I mean other dogs). He would finish it in a heartbeat. I love a Plott dog...always have and always will. Don't have any right now...but I feel the need lol! Rad was killed 2 years ago doing what he loved...a mean bear that wouldn't climb finally got him and broke his back. He is missed and is the yardstick I use when judging other bear dogs.

Plotts are tough alright. A buddy had a few that he ran hogs with. We got on a big one over in East Tennessee one time. That dog wouldn't quit until I got an arrow in that hog and killed it. The dog looked like Jack the Ripper got hold of it. I don't know how many stitches it took to put him back together but it was allot. He was whining to go out again the next day. That boar weighed over 300 lbs and that Plott would jump in and grab him without hesitation. That hog got him in some thick saplings and cut him up bad. I thought he would die from his wounds but he just kept on going after that hog.

Latest posts