Do you know the answer

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
I was asked a question today that I had never been asked before and I had to think a little for the answer , The question ; Why do cows lick their nose ?

cowboy43":3ahl2srp said:
I was asked a question today that I had never been asked before and I had to think a little for the answer , The question ; Why do cows lick their nose ?
They're really just smelling of their tongues...checking for bad breath....Ever wonder why dogs lick their balls ? :lol2:

TexasBred":2j8whi6v said:
cowboy43":2j8whi6v said:
They're really just smelling of their tongues...checking for bad breath....Ever wonder why dogs lick their balls ? :lol2:
Because they can.

A related question: why do I have one cow that always has a sweaty nose? Little tiny droplets of moisture day in, day out, no matter the season. None of the others do...She's good sized but not even the chubby one...

Boondocks... she just sweats a little more than the others I guess... in the summer most of them will have sweat beads on their noses.

As for why they lick their nose.. I guess M5 has about got it, but perhaps for cooling too.

boondocks":2r96xowo said:
A related question: why do I have one cow that always has a sweaty nose? Little tiny droplets of moisture day in, day out, no matter the season. None of the others do...She's good sized but not even the chubby one...
Remember the "Sweat Hogs"?? She may be one of them.