Do It Yourself

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Just thought I'd mention that its best to do it yourself when you need a breaker turned.......especially when you are working on 220.

Jogeephus":gbnw4z3q said:
Yes but it did take me a while to find my screwdriver. :lol2:
Aboard the older Navy ships the main power bus was 440. Every couple of months I used to get a barrel of screwdrivers with a big ball of metal on the end of the shaft.

There are two things that I'm really scared of and that is electricity and sharks. I just don't like anything that will bite you without you being able to see it.

Jogeephus, sounds like you and I were trained by the same person. Breaker? Who needs to throw a stinking breaker?
If it bites butts shocks bucks sticks or cuts i have been there.
I recently ran a nail gun nail through my birdy finger studding in a wall. No one to blame but myself.
Like my Grandson says," When Beba and I get to gether trouble just happens."
He is great to help out when I get in trouble, when he quits laughing. He is seven, about my mental age I think. When I broke my arm teaching him to skate board, after he picked himself up from rolling on the ground laughing, he told my wife that, "Beba fell off the skate board and is laying in the road like a dead hog." He was four at the time. He is a wizz at handling cows and horses, so I fired my son and named Will as my foreman. He wants a raise when he turns eight next month.
Now I am about to have twin grandbabies on September 26. A boy and a girl. That will make four grand kids. They are the best thing about getting old. And I have a rreason to stay healthy- until the grand baby girl is 35 abd i let her start dating.
Bill Brower

Judge Sharpe":3a48fohm said:
Jogeephus, sounds like you and I were trained by the same person. Breaker? Who needs to throw a stinking breaker?

I was taught not to be afraid of electricity, but to respect it, because it will usually win! When I do electrical work no one throws the breaker but me.

When I broke my arm teaching him to skate board, after he picked himself up from rolling on the ground laughing, he told my wife that, "Beba fell off the skate board and is laying in the road like a dead hog." He was four at the time. He is a wizz at handling cows and horses, so I fired my son and named Will as my foreman. He wants a raise when he turns eight next month.
Now I am about to have twin grandbabies on September 26. A boy and a girl. That will make four grand kids. They are the best thing about getting old. And I have a rreason to stay healthy- until the grand baby girl is 35 abd i let her start dating.
Bill Brower

That's Great! Kids need grandparents more than we know to develop. My two kids never had a grandpa and I vowed to make sure that there kids did, because I was so close to my Grandpa.

My oldest Grandson (12) spent some time with me this summer to help with some repairs and chores. This is a summer I will never forget. He handles the tractor and front end loader very good , and I have trusted him picking me up to heights to get things done. He runs the tractor and I run the chainsaw. I don't want to think about turning him loose with a chainsaw because it is such a dangerous and unforgiving tool.

At the end of every day I would hand him a twenty and thank him for his help.My greatest thrill was when my daughter came over one day and told me "Collin told me, "Grandpa Has me on the payroll!"

He got forty his last day before school!

bbirder":io8p4e42 said:
Judge Sharpe":io8p4e42 said:

I was taught not to be afraid of electricity, but to respect it, because it will usually win! When I do electrical work no one throws the breaker but me.

When I broke my arm teaching him to skate board, after he picked himself up from rolling on the ground laughing, he told my wife that, "Beba fell off the skate board and is laying in the road like a dead hog." He was four at the time. He is a wizz at handling cows and horses, so I fired my son and named Will as my foreman. He wants a raise when he turns eight next month.
Bill Brower

That's Great! Kids need grandparents more than we know to develop. My two kids never had a grandpa and I vowed to make sure that there kids did, because I was so close to my Grandpa.

My oldest Grandson (12) spent some time with me this summer to help with some repairs and chores. This is a summer I will never forget. He handles the tractor and front end loader very good , and I have trusted him picking me up to heights to get things done. He runs the tractor and I run the chainsaw. I don't want to think about turning him loose with a chainsaw because it is such a dangerous and unforgiving tool.

At the end of every day I would hand him a twenty and thank him for his help.My greatest thrill was when my daughter came over one day and told me "Collin told me, "Grandpa Has me on the payroll!"

He got forty his last day before school!
Now I really wish I had been born into a farm family instead of what I got
Dealt

Judge Sharpe":3bkj8odz said:
If it bites butts shocks bucks sticks or cuts i have been there.
I recently ran a nail gun nail through my birdy finger studding in a wall. No one to blame but myself.
Like my Grandson says," When Beba and I get to gether trouble just happens."
He is great to help out when I get in trouble, when he quits laughing. He is seven, about my mental age I think. When I broke my arm teaching him to skate board, after he picked himself up from rolling on the ground laughing, he told my wife that, "Beba fell off the skate board and is laying in the road like a dead hog." He was four at the time. He is a wizz at handling cows and horses, so I fired my son and named Will as my foreman. He wants a raise when he turns eight next month.
Bill Brower

I showed a buddy a picture of my one year old Grandaughter the other day. He took one look and told me that I should pray that i die before she starts dating.

I dam near cried just thinking about it!

plumber_greg":19pn5ttt said:
If I get to do it all over again, I'm gonna' skip kids and go straight to being "superpapa". gs

I'm with you on that. Saw a bumper sticker the other day that read,"If we'd known grand kids were this much fun, we'd had them first". Pretty well sums it all up.

3waycross":14u46uhl said:
I showed a buddy a picture of my one year old Grandaughter the other day. He took one look and told me that I should pray that i die before she starts dating.

I dam near cried just thinking about it!

Bad part is that there will be "O" (Zero) good guys around at that time. They will all be totally worthless and sorry lil' sob's.

TexasBred":316uxwhk said:
Bad part is that there will be "O" (Zero) good guys around at that time. They will all be totally worthless and sorry lil' sob's.
I told my wife we need to add more fried foods to out diets and cut out the veggies... at least for the kids... I'm shooting for my girl to be all fat and covered in pimples from fifteen up until about twenty five.

cow pollinater":1ebvkqeg said:
TexasBred":1ebvkqeg said:
I told my wife we need to add more fried foods to out diets and cut out the veggies... at least for the kids... I'm shooting for my girl to be all fat and covered in pimples from fifteen up until about twenty five.

Fat girls need lovin too. At least thats what a buddy of mine always says. He's a fat chic magnet :lol2: When I was down in San Antonio past April, while at my sons graduation from basic I got behind a very large gal wearing really tight spandex shorts and top. She had those iron-on letters on her butt that said "HOLE LOTTA LUV" :yuck: . Somebody thought so. She was breast feeding a baby and had a skinny crack head hanging all over her.
Sorry for hijacking. CP just brought back memories. Best to keep that daughter healthy, let her be as pretty as she wants, and use my method. Shoot the first boy that comes calling, and hang him on the fence at end of the driveway

I was lucky as I had boys....

but I would have advocated Ouachita's method.....
actually back then I was strong....I would have asked the young bucks to help me with some impossible task and when they could not do it I would have done it....and then just walked away.

Middle daughter had just turned 21 and was dating a new guy back about 7 years ago. It was in the spring. I was going to work calves. I told him to come by and help. I said, "because any guy who was going to date one of my daughters should see how fast I can casterate a bull calf." Seven years later they are doing very well together but the young man is still afraid of me. I don't know why?

Dave":2kvuckbl said:
Middle daughter had just turned 21 and was dating a new guy back about 7 years ago. It was in the spring. I was going to work calves. I told him to come by and help. I said, "because any guy who was going to date one of my daughters should see how fast I can casterate a bull calf." Seven years later they are doing very well together but the young man is still afraid of me. I don't know why?

That is what we term down here "Healthy Respect".

I raised one daughter and 3 sons, and I felt kinda sorry for the boys that came around to see her. She'd chew 'em up and spit 'em out with their hearts draggin in the dust. I love her to death, but dang if I didn't begin to wonder if she'd EVER find one and move out of my house.

Latest posts