Do It Yourself

Help Support CattleToday:

My oldest son went to pick up a girl for the prom one time and her daddy made a point of showing him all his guns. My son told him "my dad has just as many guns, he's a crack shot, and he's a mean SOB, so don't threaten me"

I tried that with one of my daughters boyfriends. Turns out he was a boy scout, grew up shooting. So all he wanted to do was see all the guns, help me clean them etc.
His mom wasn't too keen on the idea of that though.

My girls are 1 and 5, so I've got a little time. But a good friend of mine has 2 teenage daughters. When the boys would show up, he shake their hand, sqeeze it rather firmly and not let go. He'd ask them, "do you like my daughter?" They'd say yes. He'd respond, " well I LOVE my daughter. She means the world to me. And if I ever catch you touching her anywhere other than where I'm touching you right now, me, you, and your dad are going to have some real issues." After a yes response while looking him in the eye, he'd let go of their hand.

Lawson Farms":12iuv223 said:
My girls are 1 and 5, so I've got a little time. But a good friend of mine has 2 teenage daughters. When the boys would show up, he shake their hand, sqeeze it rather firmly and not let go. He'd ask them, "do you like my daughter?" They'd say yes. He'd respond, " well I LOVE my daughter. She means the world to me. And if I ever catch you touching her anywhere other than where I'm touching you right now, me, you, and your dad are going to have some real issues." After a yes response while looking him in the eye, he'd let go of their hand.

Did you ever think that if your Father-in Law had done that to you, those girls may not be here. We have to raise them right and then trust them to have the judgement required to make the correct decision. :!:

3waycross":qkwz0dqs said:
My oldest son went to pick up a girl for the prom one time and her daddy made a point of showing him all his guns. My son told him "my dad has just as many guns, he's a crack shot, and he's a mean SOB, so don't threaten me"
Did you tell him to knock that shyt off?? :lol:

TexasBred":1b5cv0am said:
3waycross":1b5cv0am said:
Did you tell him to knock that shyt off?? :lol:

No but i am lucky he didn't get my ass kicked! We kinda have a deal. He knows i would die for him but i would prefer it not be real soon!

Tell ya for sure though. Nobody threatens my kids. A life sentence for me ain't all that long!

Latest posts