Diesel prices in your neck of the woods ??

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp":2y4whojy said:
hillsdown":2y4whojy said:
We are suffering a shortage here as well as escalated prices. If you can get it, some places limit you to 50 litres . Diesel is $127.90 a litre here .

1 US gallon = 3.78541178 litres

So that is $4.84 a gallon + tax . Btw it is made here . :bang:

No one has ever explained to me why gasoline -- which takes far more refinement than diesel -- is less expensive. It didn't use to be!
One word...DEMAND. Diesel also has higher fed. taxes on it....plus we have to keep Big Bull's Diesel tractor running. :lol2: (Gotcha Bull). ;-)

Dave":3knhu2lq said:
Regular unleaded is $3.55 and diesel is $4.20. I take the little gas mileage car every place that I can.

Just put gas in the Cherokee the other day, Dave, and really didn't pay much attention to the price -- gotta have it! But based on your diesel price, our gas will be higher.

No fuel here in many places, UFA all 3 card locks are dry as well as Coop and Petro . Gas stations have the diesel pumps roped off as well. If something doesn't change asap we will be screwed. Won't be able to produce fuel if our guys can't get to it .

Husband finally found fuel at Fas Gas in the village $4.89 a gallon for it . . All 4 diesel pumps were dry, even the dyed ones at the UFA card lock that I always use .
Not good ....

Should be plowing the driveway but do not want to waste fuel, have an order in for dyed winter diesel but who knows when it will come . :bang:

The price of diesel is ridiculous!!At the pumps it's $5.86 a gallon,on the farm it's $4.90.So much for making any money off of this years calves,as soon as we start making money,some one just steals it from us!!

What the USA and Canada`s government need to do (especially the USA) is go ahead and give the oil companies all the money they waste on worthless programs and money they send everywhere else that we really need here and make gas and diesel $1.50 per gallon everywhere. Talk about an almost immeidiate fix on the economy and it would give everyone a whole new outlook on life and a breath of fresh air. Not to mention all the money that would pour into circulation creating even more tax dollars for the government to blow.

Circle H Ranch

Why? Simple. In June 2006, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency required 80% of highway diesel fuel sold in the U.S. to meet new ultra-low sulfur standards similar to those needed for low-polluting gasoline. By 2010, all highway diesel fuel sold in the U.S. must meet these new standards.

For better or worse, the EPA did not require oil refiners to invest the estimated $6 to $9 billion in technical improvements needed to meet the low-sulfur standards. As a result, U.S. refiners have continued to produce large amounts of high-sulfur diesel. Because they can't sell it domestically, they've exported it. In other words, the U.S. exports diesel. The EPA continues to raise the cost of doing business in America.

Gas and oil is a natural resource and should not be exported. C B they spent, "wasted" more money on wind and solar power than the 6-9 billion dollars it would of taken, and created good lasting jobs. We need a change, drill baby drill.

I guess I shouldn;t squawk about 3.69 - 3.89 a gallon, gas is 3.14 - 3.18

Here its running around 3.69 $ per gallon .. I put 35k miles a year on my truck 75% of the time it has a trailer behind it.. good thing is its dedicated for work and farm so i can write off miles at tax time ...

I remember back during the gas wars in the 70's. There were businesses "gouging" the public by raising prices on short supplies. Back then, the government penalized those businesses when caught by charging them an "excess profits" tax. When are we going to start doing the same to the oil companies? :help:

gimpyrancher":1xp5l44u said:
I remember back during the gas wars in the 70's. There were businesses "gouging" the public by raising prices on short supplies. Back then, the government penalized those businesses when caught by charging them an "excess profits" tax. When are we going to start doing the same to the oil companies? :help:
The gov makes more money per gallon than the oil companies, and of course they don't lift a finger to produce anything. I think it's time to take the excess profits from the fat cats in DC. :deadhorse:

Latest posts