Didn't Like the Black Hereford? How 'Bout a Tiger Stripe?

Help Support CattleToday:

Herefords.US":239kgt2w said:
Taurus":239kgt2w said:
Why not just make a good black bal- I mean hereford bull at your home. It couldn't be too hard.

Harder than you think, if you want to register them with the ABHA!

And I think that particular video of those heifers points out the problem that I have with most Black Herefords. They generally do not have the thickness or volume that I desire to have in my cattle.

George

Too little bone, too little volume, too short hipped and very deficient in the loins.

brihop":3ozopu0n said:
Ya'll like the Black Herefords? Personally I like the white Herefords! Heres a steal on the foundation sire...

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/grd/3308774907.html

Looks like the seller got his breeds mixed up. Looks like a Charlois cross to me.

5N95G85J13M63I63J6ca1dddba4b74bb11989.jpg

Ya can fill in the blanks--white hereford--red hereford--black hereford.
The possibilities are endless!

The White Herefords are the new breed of the future!
They are an American breed! They are the no.1 breed for easy calving, high fertility,
easy management,and high longevity. They are globally recognized as 'The Breed of the Future'.
The __________ and _______ crosses are easy calved despite being doubled muscled.
The Cows are excellent mothers, they produce an excellent calf every year. They are the easiest and quickest
breed to go back in-calve again. They can be crossed with any bull.
They are an exceptionally good cross with the ______ _____ Bull!
The _____ Are in high demand for export. _______ have nice, tasty beef. The ______ Breed have excellent kill-out results,
they have excellent carcasses weights,and grades!They do excellent percentages/100 weight.

Be the first one on your block to register and start your very own, brand new breed.
:banana:

greybeard":1xx44osw said:
Ya can fill in the blanks--white hereford--red hereford--black hereford.
The possibilities are endless!

The White Herefords are the new breed of the future!
They are an American breed! They are the no.1 breed for easy calving, high fertility,
easy management,and high longevity. They are globally recognized as 'The Breed of the Future'.
The __________ and _______ crosses are easy calved despite being doubled muscled.
The Cows are excellent mothers, they produce an excellent calf every year. They are the easiest and quickest
breed to go back in-calve again. They can be crossed with any bull.
They are an exceptionally good cross with the ______ _____ Bull!
The _____ Are in high demand for export. _______ have nice, tasty beef. The ______ Breed have excellent kill-out results,
they have excellent carcasses weights,and grades!They do excellent percentages/100 weight.

Be the first one on your block to register and start your very own, brand new breed.
:banana:
You sure got me sold.
Who do I make the check out to?

I guess Bobby decided to not dive into the deep end of the CT pool! :) You guys(gals) are a tough bunch! :tiphat:

The reason that the cattle that are the original subject of this thread no longer have their pictures posted is because the breeder contacted me, in early 2011, and invoked a "cease and desist" request for using his copyrighted photos without his permission. I took them down.

We had a short conversation by PM about those cattle. He seems like a nice guy, but I'm unconvinced that he knows a thing about how to properly judge cattle for suitability as breeding stock.

George

Herefords.US":1nl7pd9u said:
I guess Bobby decided to not dive into the deep end of the CT pool! :) You guys(gals) are a tough bunch! :tiphat:

The reason that the cattle that are the original subject of this thread no longer have their pictures posted is because the breeder contacted me, in early 2011, and invoked a "cease and desist" request for using his copyrighted photos without his permission. I took them down.We had a short conversation by PM about those cattle. He seems like a nice guy, but I'm unconvinced that he knows a thing about how to properly judge cattle for suitability as breeding stock.

George
maybe it caused him to rethink, wish i had been born with a better eye myself...i look at alot more now ,than i did...and it dont take a fortune to get there, just knowledge... still got a long way to go..

Bobby is still here.
Had meetings to attend and haven't had time to reply.
There is truth to all the comments above. I have been in the cattle buisness many years and have seen different breeds come and go. Most of the breeds are trying to make their cattle black for some reason. I think the reason is that black hided calves bring a little more at the barn.
I do realize the Black Herefords have a long way to go but I believe we will have good animals soon.
Just like the hereford breeders that took the horns off. It took a long while for the polled to equal the horned , but they have now.
I think that in a few years the Black Hereford will equal the Herefords, Polled or horned. It will take very selective breeding, but we will get there.
And yes I am working on getting that high percentage, polled , Homozygous black, bull. Almost have him !
I am breeding the best Red Hereford bulls to my herd, to improve all the faults you all pointed out.
And I am using the Black Hereford Bulls you see on my website to breed my Registered Red Herefords. Horned and polled.
There is a comment about a cease, if I remember correctly that did not come from me. That was another Black Hereford breeder.
My pictures are there for anyone who would like to use them. Or pass them on to anyone who would like to see good Black Hereford cattle.
Bobby Lide :tiphat:

We don't share the same belief, but its good to see you standing up for what you believe in and doing it in a civilised manner.

KNERSIE":3tbh03le said:
We don't share the same belief, but its good to see you standing up for what you believe in and doing it in a civilised manner.
Hello. Hope this finds you well. I went to a Hereford Bull Sale the other day and thought about you. How are you coming along with those Old School English Hereford that you have been pursuing? Thanks in advance.

It's cheaper way to makes black baldies by use TRUE hereford cows bred to black angus bull than a black hereford bred to a black bull.

I noticed lot of black herefords are not polled and homogyzus. Heck some of them are solid black!

Kingfisher":i0sr6jss said:
KNERSIE":i0sr6jss said:
Hello. Hope this finds you well. I went to a Hereford Bull Sale the other day and thought about you. How are you coming along with those Old School English Hereford that you have been pursuing? Thanks in advance.

Making slow progress, just recently bought a Rowington Festival (1971) daughter, have a few others of old breeding, but what excites me the most is a Badlingham Bossy (1967) grandson I have that is 2 months old and very thick. I'll post pics in the future.

Yes some Black Herefords are solid black but they still throw a white face calf.
A few Genetics recently added to Triple L include a Cooper 955 son, and a few weeks ago we had ET calves from Bailout hit the ground. We have Wallace , Bennit, and Helton calves as well.
Our 955 son is horned, and will be accepted in the American Black Hereford association.
We will use this large frame bull on our F1's to produce better Black Herefords. Last breeding season we used a Keynote son on the F1's. Keynote heifers are long deep and wide. We expect his sons will be the same. And the black ones will sell very well.
I think some will be suprised at how good our Hereford herd is. We picked top genetics from the hereford breed to make our Black herefords better. Some of our Hereford cattle are AI'ed using sexed semen from the best Black Angus bulls available.
Some will ask, why use GOOD hereford bull on F1's? The answer is simple. Have you noticed how much Black Hereford Bulls and heifers are selling for. Even for our calves that don't make replacements, we ring a bell at the barn.
As I have said, I know there are some BAD Black Herefords, just as there are a few BAD cattle in ALL other breeds.
I think with a little time we will have a good breed of cattle, using the genetics we use. And I know for sure, the commercial breeders like what they see when they come to the ranch to purchase bulls. Most leave with a bull, or 2, sometimes 3 or 4. Heifers are normaly sold 1 to 20 at a time.
For those who say they took a baldie and made an association with them, THEY DID. Sounds like a good idea to me ! And yes with enough get up and go, you too can make an association with some new breed of cattle.
I know the road I will travel, it seems to be leading to the bank.
Thanks for your time,
Bobby Lide, Triple L Ranch Black Herefords.

Latest posts