Did anyone watch

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
Celebrity Bull Riding? It was on CMT on Friday night. Pretty good stuff. They have Ty Murray trying to teach these washed up celebs to ride bulls. I can't remember everyone they had, but there was Leif Garrett. (any lady in her early 40's remembers he was a teen star in the mid seventies, a la Hudson Brothers and Bay City Rollers), Rocket Ishmeal, Stephen Baldwin, (another Baldwin brother, never seen him), Nitro from American Gladiator, some guy who was a minor character in Platoon, and some little skinny guy who was labeled as a "reality TV star".

This was the first episode and Leif Garret was the biggest wimp. Said he was too sore to get out of bed after they had just barely done anything. Rocket has to wear full safety gear, even when he's just waiting around, and Stephen Baldwin has the enthusiasm that's almost creepy.

Look it up it you get CMN Friday night. It was a hoot last time.

Yeah, we watched it. Since it's filmed on Ty's Ranch outside of Stephenville, the local WalMart apparently benefited from two of the "celebrities" paying it a visit...Vanilla Ice and Baldwin. It was such a "fete" that it was written up in the Stephenville paper when it happened.

From time to time there are sightings of Ty's girlfriend, Jewel, in Stephenville. I'm ashamed to say (or not), that if I was sitting next to Ty and/or Jewel in a restaurant here, I wouldn't know them from Adam's housecat.

You're right, tho, Lammie, it was a hoot.

Spoiler alert! According to the Stephenville paper, Steven Baldwin suffered a broken shoulder.

Alice

Yes, I forgot about Vanilla Ice. That seems to be his problem in general, though. No one remembers him!

Yeah, Jewel. Isn't she the chick who said she only uses one sheet of toilet paper? She better wash her hands! :shock: And she has funky teeth, too. Not like Reese Witherspoon, who can get away with that. but some discolored snaggle tooth thing. Looks like she could get that fixed. It seemed to be just one tooth.

Too bad about Stephen Baldwin. I think he had the most enthusiasm, albeit, creepy, manic enthusiasm. He was just so proud that someone asked him to do something!!!

We will definitely keep watching. It's like a train wreck. You just have to look.

When did they film that? I figured it was in the spring cause there was so much water everywhere.

Lammie":344c1x3p said:
When did they film that? I figured it was in the spring cause there was so much water everywhere.

Lammie, I don't remember when filming started, but it must've been during the spring. I know it was some time back that I heard it was taking place, anyway.

I didn't notice Baldwin's being so intense about riding. The one that I noticed was the guy that was kind of rugged looking that had a mustache and I think was a martial arts champion, or something like that, that looked almost fanatical.

Alice

we watched it too. Can't wait for the next one. my sister metioned something about Jewel's tooth too. she better lay off the chew. lol. you'd think she'd have the money to get it fixed. i remember vanilla ice. he was popular when i was in middle school.

I was surfing and happened to catch it. They ended it with Baldwin eating the dust. I guess that's when he got hurt. Most of those boys are a bit too old to get head darted. I guess they needed to work really bad.

Was Stephen Baldwin in 8 Seconds? About the bull rider? I was trying to rattle my head today on the way to the dentist. I guess he was just eager, and thankful to have work!

I guess I could just google him, but why? It was Leif Garrett that seemed to be the biggest wimp. I had not heard that name since I was in, what, 6th grade? He had one hit? I thought he looked like a girl back then. Lips a little too rosey and pouty... Like Shaun Cassidy. I liked David, but not Shaun.

Lammie":3geo8s7q said:
It was Leif Garrett that seemed to be the biggest wimp. I had not heard that name since I was in, what, 6th grade? He had one hit? I thought he looked like a girl back then. Lips a little too rosey and pouty... Like Shaun Cassidy. I liked David, but not Shaun.

You have me laughing. How do you remember those names? I can't even remember some of my teachers names back then.

I do remember the show "The Partidge Family" being on television and didn't know why my sisters watched it.

backhoeboogie":7toivrve said:
Lammie":7toivrve said:
It was Leif Garrett that seemed to be the biggest wimp. I had not heard that name since I was in, what, 6th grade? He had one hit? I thought he looked like a girl back then. Lips a little too rosey and pouty... Like Shaun Cassidy. I liked David, but not Shaun.

You have me laughing. How do you remember those names? I can't even remember some of my teachers names back then.

I do remember the show "The Partidge Family" being on television and didn't know why my sisters watched it.

I remember a lot of totally trivial, useless stuff!

Don't you go dissin' David Cassidy! He turned out to kind of a d*ck head in later life, but he really did it for me when I was in 4th grade! ;-) I had a David Cassidy notebook, lunch box, lots of fan mags, and I belonged to his fan club!

For my sister, it was Bobby Sherman! Anyone remember him?

And I can remember every teacher I ever had from Kindergarten through 12th grade. I don't remember my college professors, interestingly enough.

Wonder why? ;-)

Manager: Hey, I got you a gig.

Celeb: Great, I'm livin' out of my '79 Mercedes. Where and what?

manager: Just pack your git-tar and some cowboy boots. Here is a ticket to DFW. You like animals, right?

Well, curiosity got the better of me and I googled him. He was in 8 Seconds, in fact he starred in it. He was also in several movies I have seen, I just can't remember him for the life of me. He was Barney Rubble in The Flintstones, Viva Rock Vegas!.

There's you a starring role! :D

Horticattleman":1ckeoaxd said:
Thanks Alice.....thanks alot

Well, I need to correct myself...it's the American Gladiator, Nitro, that seemed to look fanatical.

That said, what am I being thanked for? Or, is this really a thank you? Lord, I'm getting paranoid!

Alice

Alice":3cdgn2q4 said:
Horticattleman":3cdgn2q4 said:
Thanks Alice.....thanks alot

Well, I need to correct myself...it's the American Gladiator, Nitro, that seemed to look fanatical.

That said, what am I being thanked for? Or, is this really a thank you? Lord, I'm getting paranoid!

Alice

I think I am corn-fused, as well.

This is Cajun country, sometimes we get to see shows months after they air, you know! I couldn't wait to see the next episode and I was rooting for Baldwin and here you go spoiling it. Again Thanks Alice....Thanks alot! :)

Horticattleman":1azbk25n said:
This is Cajun country, sometimes we get to see shows months after they air, you know! I couldn't wait to see the next episode and I was rooting for Baldwin and here you go spoiling it. Again Thanks Alice....Thanks alot! :)

Oh...sorry about that. My town newspaper spoiled it for me...guess I had to spoil it all over again.

Again, sorry...not another word from me...promise.

Alice

Been watching this and it's not that bad as far as celebrity/reality shows go, the foot race at the bar was hillarious.

Tegerian":16ocob3s said:
Been watching this and it's not that bad as far as celebrity/reality shows go, the foot race at the bar was hillarious.

Dangit, I missed that one. I've seen the first 2 only. Maybe it'll come on sometime this weekend.

Alice

Latest posts