Dead Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

I did say New York City. Not hammering N.Y. Maybe Canadians don't want it either. But 400 cow dairy operation 700 head beef cow operation plus replacement heifers for dairy, and bulls for sale plus feedlot, and farming,.Must big one He$$ for big farm. If simangus can do everything as fast as he bales hay we got Superman online.

Ps. 500. to get dead picked up. We don,t have a rendering plant close enough to get them picked up. Closest one about hundred miles. Don,t blame you for not wanting there trucks on your place. I would not want it on mine either.

auctionboy":1sedcq8y said:
Red Bull Breeder":1sedcq8y said:
Any body have any idea where Simangus operation is. I really would like to avoid the area. Being from the Ozarks i might contamiate it. SIMANGUS MUST BE FROM NEW YORK CITY!!!!
I hope not any part of NY. I think he is Canadian, I think he has went metric on us a few times.
I don't think anybody is gonna claim this guy . He sounds like a guy from last week on a thread that got locked . I hate all that name calling and personal attacks . I don't care if he is from the largest operation in the country . I always opproach things that I'm going to respect those involved no matter what size operation they have and if we disagree we disagree .

Larry

How can someone say it is a poorer management practice to drag a cow off and let the scavengers eat it, than it is to bury it?

Especially if it is disposed of in an area that is not accessible to the rest of your cattle.

In my mind, I see a direct burial as a surfire way to contrubute to ground water contamination.

I say to each his own, as long as it's legal. Why try to pick the mote out of my brothers eye, when I have a plank in my own.

Since he mentions aerating some pasture he obviously can't be too far north since the ground is still froze and snow covered. I'm afraid that means he is not a Canuck or Yankee! Maybe California?

ChrisB":1rcot6vl said:
Since he mentions aerating some pasture he obviously can't be too far north since the ground is still froze and snow covered. I'm afraid that means he is not a Canuck or Yankee! Maybe California?

He says he gets his hay from Alberta so ho many different Albertas are there?

AL, KY, MN, VA, LA, MI, MO, WY and of course Canada.

Well for what it is worth all the big hay dealers in this part of Virginia have been bringing in hay from canada since early last summer.

My point is that in the aftermath of a drought year he could still be anywhere and getting hay from Canada.

Maybe he is a mexican. They use metric.

Se habla espanol?

well i think someone figured out that Zelda was from Michigan and "she" also used metric..

I hate to jump on the band wagon but SIM also said this, and he sure uses the word WE alot.
I think his profile is bogus.

I THINK THE INFO HERE IN ON TARGET--- IF i WAS YOU I WOULDNT VENTURE INTO THE FEEDYARD BUSINESS IF i DIDNT HAVE TO. THERE ARE OTHER WAYS TO MAKE A BUCK WITHOUT WORKING FOR be nice NEAR NOTHING. WE HAVE BEEN FEEDING CATTLE FOR OVER 25 YEARS, BUT WE OWN THE CALVES FROM GATE TO PLATE. I.E. WE RAISE THE CALVES, BACKGROUND OUR OWN, FEED OUR OWN AND PROCESS OUR OWN.

First time we lost a horse, vet came out and put her down in our back yard (near the patio). Then she says "Whoops... the rendering truck won't come off a hard road...and won't be here for 3 days. You'd better cover her up tight or the dogs will start to smell her". That was our first experience in burrying a horse OURSELF. Unfortunatly the "pet cemetary" was a few acres away and we had to drag her pretty far... what a trip. I won't call the dilly wagon... so I guess that pet cemetary will get pretty full. haha.

I know I should leave this thread alone,but the devil made me do it.
From reading this thread I have come to the conclusion that Just Curious didn't have a clue he would start such a name calling disscussion, and some dairy farmers wife must have ran off with a beef farmer. And maby even a hillbilly beef farmer.

Cal

simangus23":z414vfxw said:
. . . Maybe you need to come work for me a week . . .
after you get out of the Milk parlor you need to
go check cows then
check fence then
feed hay then
feed bulls and
check heifers then
synchronize heifers and
do some AI at the dairy and
over at the beef cow unit then
ya need to grind some feed and then
it will be time to flush that cow we super=ovulated last week and
grade some embryos - if you can use a microscope-- then when you have finsihed that you can
muck out the stables and
ride that horse . . .
You might get a lunch break today but I seriously doubt it--- as you still havent done your morning work yet. . .

WOW, I must be the worst cattle owner that ever was. I check my herd this time of year when I put out hay. I don't check my fence line everyday. I didn't even KNOW that you're supposed to synchronize heifers every day, that you should AI every day, that you could flush a cow every day or that horse riding was a required activity for successful cattle raising. :oops: :dunce: :oops: Although I do try to have lunch everyday.

PS The only time we've ever burned any was when we lost them to black-leg. And that was why we started vaccinating for it 40 years ago.

heaflaw":1uoubpm1 said:
From reading these posts I have lost a lot of respect for this site.
Let he without sin......go cry to somebody else. Who makes you read anything that is on the internet?

Sim joined Jan 29 2008 and has averaged 11.75 posts per say since, where does "IT" get off criticizing any one for the number of posts they have.
What a super guy "IT" is :roll: :roll:

hopalong":17tof0pp said:
Sim joined Jan 29 2008 and has averaged 11.75 posts per say since, where does "IT" get off criticizing any one for the number of posts they have.

If you'll notice he hasn;t been back since the 7th and has set up his account to not be able to be sent pm's

We can not create or destroy matter is a well know science theory. Some countries are very upset with the fact that when we bury our relatives, we seal them up so that their matter can not be released back into the environment. In some countries you only get your burial spot for 6 months....long enough for you to decompose.

Having said that, I think that if disease in not an issue, then you should let the natural decomposers take care of your dead animal. Whether you bury or leave the dead on the surface, mother nature will take of it.

Around here the feline rescue will take you animal as well as let you know why it died for a fee of $50.

dun":1zk8wckm said:
hopalong":1zk8wckm said:

If you'll notice he hasn;t been back since the 7th and has set up his account to not be able to be sent pm's
I was starting to wonder if he was that old "Why Not" character reincarnated but that guy wanted PM's from EVERYONE!!!!! I got a bunch from him myself....

Here's a new twist on this whole thing.... how sucessful can he be with that kind of mentality/attitude? I'm in business myself and people with that kind of personality don't get real far... they're the "wanna-be's" who are pyssed off because they "can't be".

He reminds me of that dusty trails guy, that was mouthing off about the cow stuck in the mud .

Larry

Latest posts