Dam of 878 / foresight CAC

Help Support CattleToday:

angus9259

Reaction score
BV Gammer 85 is positive. Can you imagine the CA fallout if 878 or foresight came up a carrier?

Would be about like the AM and NH carriers descending from 1680. I would venture to say it wouldn't be as wide spread. 878 and Foresight have made a big impact on the breed but 1680 was born 20 years ago and is found in a lot of the performance pedigrees today. 878 was born 8 years later and is found, in my opinion, in herds that focus on maternal, functional cattle that don't want to sacrifice performance. I would venture to say that due to embryo transfer being adopted by performance breeders sooner than functional breeders, that 1680 has a larger population of offspring and descendants.

Doesn't really matter what the fallout would have been since they have both tested negative.

I would imagine that part of the fallout would be a huge swell of balancers, simangus, brangus foundation cattle with 878 and foresight pedigrees.

It had me concerned until 878 and Foresight were cleared, it would have been a bad day for me if not. :shock:

Word out of Australia was that 878 was 'clean', based on breeding trials, long before the genetic test for CA was developed or validated here.

Latest posts