Craigslist cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

I was just trying to hide the identity and be courteous. If you want the Facebook ad I can send it to you.
If he posted the info on a FB group, then he isn;t worrried about hiding his identity. You might post the link on here. But, I wont have time in the next week or so to go up there any how. But thanks!

How much are they worth ?

Cow looks stunted, probably by being underfed before mature. That doesn't necessarily make her something that can't produce good calves, but she's not in great shape. The calf is nothing to keep but something to sell. The pair would be at the extreme low end of the market where you are, and I'm not familiar with that market. I doubt she would be worth $1600 unless there were two people bidding that wanted to outbid each other.

In that condition, the pair might bring $1000 here.... poor cow needs to be fed... and they both need worming desperately.... Those are the kinds of people that should be kicked from here to he// and back for the poor condition....

That bred jersey heifer in a previous post needs worming terribly also... I am all for not using alot of drugs and chemicals... but geez louise.... if it were these people's kids you can bet they would be following some doctor's advice, even a good holistic vet doctor would not let an animal look like that.....very poor advertisement for organic holistic farming... no wonder people don't believe in it and talk down about it... these are as bad of an example as can be found for pi$$ poor care of animals....

It is sad to see things like this. But you have all pretty much said what I was thinking. I would worry it would
kill them just trying to turn them around.

How much are they worth ?

I see they are right by Lebanon. There is a cow sale in Lebanon. Of course they wouldn't take them to the sale because everyone know they will cheat you at the sale. I buy a lot of lower end cows and I wouldn't touch them. I don't need any coyote bait.

I just dont understand how anyone could look at those cattle and be content. But there are plenty of people who do. I see it all the time where I live.

Did a little water leak work a couple days ago. On the way home saw a little operation with a fenceline hay feeding setup. Cows with small calves were locked in a small muddy lot that was below two hills. All the runoff goes directly to where these cattle are held.

The guy had 6 bales of hay 4 feet back from the fence line panels. I was told the guy comes by twice a day and forks a little bit of hay off the bales and give to the cows every day. Maybe 15 pair in total. Looked like those 6 bales would last him a month at the rate he was feeding. Cattle looks emaciated. That's apparently his normal practice. The cattle were trying to find hay in the mud worth eating.

That type s*** breaks my heart. I see it everywhere I go. Sure wish there was someone that'd step in and shut these animal cruelty operations down.

I've gotten into a heated conversation with a guy about him not liking fat cattle. Lol. They relate fat cattle to fat people. The dumbest argument I've ever heard. They prefer to see some bones. They want that "lean" beef. 100% true story. I imagine there are plenty more than share that thinking.

Last edited:
I just dont understand how anyone could look at those cattle and be content. But there are plenty of people who do. I see it all the time where I live.

Did a little water leak work a couple days ago. On the way home saw a little operation with a fenceline hay feeding setup. Cows with small calves were locked in a small muddy lot that was below two hills. All the runoff goes directly to where these cattle are held.

The guy had 6 bales of hay 4 feet back from the fence line panels. I was told the guy comes by twice a day and forks a little bit of hay off the bales and give to the cows every day. Maybe 15 pair in total. Looked like those 6 bales would last him a month at the rate he was feeding. Cattle looks emaciated. That's apparently his normal practice. The cattle were trying to find hay in the mud worth eating.

That type s*** breaks my heart. I see it everywhere I go. Sure wish there was someone that'd step in and shut these animal cruelty operations down.

I've gotten into a heated conversation with a guy about him not liking fat cattle. Lol. They relate fat cattle to fat people. The dumbest argument I've ever heard. They prefer to see some bones. They want that "lean" beef. 100% true story. I imagine there are plenty more than share that thinking.
I don't like overly fat cattle. I see a lot of people with cattle that are too fat. But I don't like them skinny, either. There are lines to be drawn, and crossed, and I don't care to be at either extreme.

I don't see much animal abuse by over feeding cattle, but I've seen plenty by people starving them. On the other hand the most common animal abuse I see is people with fat pets that waddle when they walk.

I don't like overly fat cattle. I see a lot of people with cattle that are too fat. But I don't like them skinny, either. There are lines to be drawn, and crossed, and I don't care to be at either extreme.

I don't see much animal abuse by over feeding cattle, but I've seen plenty by people starving them. On the other hand the most common animal abuse I see is people with fat pets that waddle when they walk.
You're absolutely correct about there being two extreme ends.

I don't want mine overly fat either. But don't want to see any bones. My 1st calvers are currently thinner than I like, but no ribs visible whatsoever. Will be weaning their calves in about 30 days.

If they were dogs, a lot of folks around here would get in trouble for animal abuse. Not sure how cows aren't given any concern.

Certsin places around, their cattle look super thin 12 months out of the year. Can't help but wonder what they think they're accomplishing. Cattle always standing by the fence mooing, never content. They live a miserable existence.

You're absolutely correct about there being two extreme ends.

I don't want mine overly fat either. But don't want to see any bones. My 1st calvers are currently thinner than I like, but no ribs visible whatsoever. Will be weaning their calves in about 30 days.

If they were dogs, a lot of folks around here would get in trouble for animal abuse. Not sure how cows aren't given any concern.

Certsin places around, their cattle look super thin 12 months out of the year. Can't help but wonder what they think they're accomplishing. Cattle always standing by the fence mooing, never content. They live a miserable existence.
Well dogs definitely need to show some rib. And cows calve better if they aren't fat. And they have healthier calves as long as they are getting enough nutrition. A little rib is fine. If they have any kind of subdermal fat at their tailhead they are too fat.

When dad was young he worked for a guy that didn't quite feed enough to his cows. They would go out, he would feed while dad drove the tractor; once he was done he would say "eat till your belly bust". Dad said those cows would darn near beat them back to the barn.

Latest posts