$#^@&*#$ COYOTES!

Help Support CattleToday:

5minpins

Reaction score
I moved my little porkers out into their small pasture, on the other side of my greenhouse about 70 feet from my house. I brought them some apples this morning and I am standing there watching them eat the apples and out of the corner of my eye I see an animal so I look and its a damnn coyote, trots right thru the parked cars 20 feet from me and heads for the pig fence and stops to stare at my baby piggys...he either doesnt see me standing there smoking a cigarette or he doesnt care, I am going with the doesnt care cause when I yelled at him and took off running in his direction, he loped off and didnt act the least bit scared of me. he did run off into the woods but it wasnt a terrified run.... the pack was out there howling last night on the back side of my property so I know he will be back later for bacon. this was not a pup either, full grown adult.
I am here by myself as my mother in law died on sunday and my other half has been gone to take care of things, I did call him however and he is trying to get someone he works with to bring me the mini 14 from work on the tri pod so I can watch tonight...not how I want to spend my night thats for sure. :mad:

Do you still have Federal trappers there or are they banned too?
If you still have a trapper give them a call. From the sounds of it the dog is no longer afraid of humans and is now a danger to both your animals and possibly yourself.
see if the trapper can put out any cyanide traps.
Do you have any dogs? If you do keep them penned up, so they don't get into the trappers stuff.
leg traps work and so do snares put on a fence line.
Get your gun out and practice.
Need to thank the ignorant bleeding hearts for this. :devil2: :devil2: :devil2:

If possible lock your little pigs in a shed or building each night.

yes lock those lil piggies up at nite.you might want to get a jenny to stay in the pasture with them.a good donk hates dogs an yotes.an theyll chase them an stomp on them if they can.

I went down to the feed store and asked about a trapper or coyote hunter. they said he was getting a bit up there in age and wasnt really interested in doing it much, he still occasionaly trapped them for the city in the parks but that was about it.
I have 2 big dogs, one a wolfhound, the stupid thing is, I cant let them roam loose cause she would kill the pigs just as fast as the coyote would. so she stays in a yard next to the backyard where all my small dogs and boxers are. the coyotes do stay clear of that.
I am unable to catch my piggies now, their pen is a quarter acre and they can run faster than I can lol. maybe I could use a big ol fishing net and snag em up that way!
at any rate, the friend will drop off the mini 14 around 11 pm, another will bring a coyote call over. I will set out there for a month if I have to but that one that was here today has to go, he was to unconcerned with my presence and thats really bad.
maybe the neighbor will let me borrow their llama...that thing is crabby and mean...

They outlawed trapping in Washington a few years back and the chickens are starting to come home to roost. So no footholds or snares even by a government trapper. It is mighty hard to convince a coyote to go into a box trap. The government is out of the predator control business. They just give out the numbers for private contractors. But again they can't use anything but a box trap. About all you can do is keep watch and shot any coyotes you see.

Dave":2ynpnckt said:
They outlawed trapping in Washington a few years back and the chickens are starting to come home to roost. So no footholds or snares even by a government trapper. It is mighty hard to convince a coyote to go into a box trap. The government is out of the predator control business. They just give out the numbers for private contractors. But again they can't use anything but a box trap. About all you can do is keep watch and shot any coyotes you see.

I Remember when they passed that now, and then the idiots banned trapping of MOLES as it was cruel and inhumane to the mole. wich cracked me up.

You need to get a predator tape and stick it in a tape recorder or a boom box and put it on the edge of the field. Sit back with a glass of ice tea (sweetened with lemon) and wait till they come out. Those tapes work wonders. Also, if you need to get them a little closer you can take one of those battery operated weasels they sell at Toys are Us and put it where you want to shoot the coyote. When they see the weasel dance they forget about everything. Good luck and enjoy them while they last.

Jogeephus":2q3mdv12 said:
You need to get a predator tape and stick it in a tape recorder or a boom box and put it on the edge of the field. Sit back with a glass of ice tea (sweetened with lemon) and wait till they come out. Those tapes work wonders. Also, if you need to get them a little closer you can take one of those battery operated weasels they sell at Toys are Us and put it where you want to shoot the coyote. When they see the weasel dance they forget about everything. Good luck and enjoy them while they last.

are you pulling my leg about the weasel??? I got everything else lined up but the weasel? and if I kill one they will all run, but will they come back if I keep playing the predator call? I think I will use the tri pod already on the rifle, seriously. I can see myself going over backwards in my lawn chair and wearing my sweet tea when I pull the trigger....

if you play that tape they will come to it if they are in the area.they cant resist what they think is an easy free meal.

Seriously, that little weasel will work like a charm. The tape will lure them out but when they see the little weasel rolling on the ground like a hurt rabbit they will drop their guard and come running to it. Best to put it on a piece of cardboard or on some short grass where it can flop around real good. Its a hoot to shoot them and once you've grown fond of the game you will run out. That's what I meant when I said "enjoy them while they last". (I'm in the process of rebuilding my stock cause it seemed I enjoyed it too much) :oops: :nod: :lol2:

Jogeephus":kzmkel4n said:
Seriously, that little weasel will work like a charm. The tape will lure them out but when they see the little weasel rolling on the ground like a hurt rabbit they will drop their guard and come running to it. Best to put it on a piece of cardboard or on some short grass where it can flop around real good. Its a hoot to shoot them and once you've grown fond of the game you will run out. That's what I meant when I said "enjoy them while they last". (I'm in the process of rebuilding my stock cause it seemed I enjoyed it too much) :oops: :nod: :lol2:

well dang! I wish you were closer cause you sound like a better shot then me lol. last year I counted a mom and 4 pups and a couple yearlings here and there and also an extremely tall coyote marked like a german shepherd but it was a coyote. I have some chow for them later this week...gonna go look for a weasel. hey I could use the dead weasel the dang cat brought me! ha!

The three S's apply here. Shoot, Shovel abd Shutup. Don't fool around with a .22, get a 12 ga with 00's and take out two at a time.

Latest posts