Coyotes or Mountain Lion got 2 calves.... Mystery??

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":qngrzpqj said:
Now the truely amazing thing is every zoo in the country has a mountain lion, none are black. National Geographic would make you famous, come on give em call to come film the black cats of Old McDonalds farm. Heck I would even watch that documentary. Weird they only exsist on your ranch in dang near every state in he Union (according to the board) but they can't catch a black one. Maybe they are like green lizards and change colors once captured or when they think they are fixin to be shot. Some of ya'll must think you are Davy Crockett (killled a bar at 3). If you live in the Fla Glades I can buy you seen a panther(mountain lion) just little hard to swallow that St Loius to Nashville is ate up with em.

I would agree with you if the sightings had not been so frequent. I cannot explain it, but the fact of the matter is a black panther was sighted on many, many occasions (roughly every 2 years) over the course of about 25-30 years. I have also read all the publications stating that 'black panthers don't exist in North America', so I'm at a loss as to how to explain this. The two times I personally saw the cat, it was no more than 50-75 feet away on one occasion, and less than 40 feet on the other. No, it didn't change color, it was always black! No grey that I could see, just black. It's hard to mistake a panther at less than 40 feet.

msscamp,

I think you are correct. While they may not be indiginous to the United States there are some folks that deliberatly import wild animals and loose them to start a group here. We have seen it attempted with other animals and this would be no different.

We know we have the brown ones and animal black is dominant...generally. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how that could happen. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Latest posts