Having Problems With Coyotes?

Help Support CattleToday:

coyotedr

Reaction score
I am new to this site and excited about it. Are you tired of coyotes killing your livestock, and spreading diseases where they eat and drink. You are trying to raise livestock and with all other problems that goes along with it you dont need coyotes killing them. With no cost to you, I can with permission help you extract coyotes. I have 10 year of experience with the help of my dad who is a retired Texas Government trapper. With calving season right around the corner its something to think about. No fees just access if you are anybody you know is haveing problems with coyotes contact me at [email protected] or call me at 817 641 6968. yes its a buisness but not one that will cost you. Lillys Predator Control

Welcome to this site. Us old timers of the site are glad to have you aboard.

Rule number 1 - No Advertising.

Rule number 2 - I don't remember that one!!

Nope, but if you've got some tips for snaring, trapping or shooting wolves would love to hear them.

So far in our valley, there have been 6 head of cattle killed by wolves this winter on three different ranches (4 yearlings and 2 cows), and the last two summers in our grazing reserve (also in the valley) have seen a total of 81 head consumed as 'Scoobie Snacks' for Red Riding Hood's archenemy and kin.

Total wolves taken this winter is 11 as of today (one male weighed in at 179lbs and another had a skull length of 18" from nose to base), and one of the neighbours narrowly missed another 2 in his barnyard this a.m., and a pack of 11 seen by the same rancher later in the day but out of rifle range.

Take care.

always get rid of my own varmits, but i'd be willing to help some of ya'll get rid of your deer problem.

contact me at my home phone BR-549

thanks Cal

coyotedr, My problem with the coyotes is that they don't eat enough mice and rats. They need to get more of them. I see or hear them everyday, just 20 miles west of you, and they have never bothered my stock. There are a few bobcat around as well who feed on the squirrel infestation at the pecan trees down on the river.

they never bother ours either. its usually the roaming rottweiler or "hoghunting" dogs. and only if a calf is left alone to hide.

my cows put my dog in or under the truck.

Ok so you are not having problems today. Are you comfortable with them shareing the same water as your livestock. Coyotes carry typhoid fever, mange and a lot of other diseases that will affect the livestock. When they become aggressive and start killing every night until they do enough damage that it cost you, then hopefully you will remember me. I will not charge you anything. The reason that im doing this is to help others and save livestock.

Here is our coyote doctor

IMG_1547_1_1.jpg

;-)

coyotedr":il9uw33w said:
Ok so you are not having problems today. Are you comfortable with them shareing the same water as your livestock. Coyotes carry typhoid fever, mange and a lot of other diseases that will affect the livestock. When they become aggressive and start killing every night until they do enough damage that it cost you, then hopefully you will remember me. I will not charge you anything. The reason that im doing this is to help others and save livestock.

There's no doubt folks who run sheep and such have problems. Personally, I am kind of hoping the coyotes and bobcats take a liking to piglets.

coyotedr":85lfd7m8 said:

Would really be interested in seeing some links on coyotes spreading typhoid fever. Please if you get some time post them as I googled the topic and came up blank.

I had a mountain lion problem here but the Caustic Burno hired Barnum and Bailey Circus to come down and trap them all to take back to Texas to eat the vultures that were getting his calves ;-) !

Take care and seriously I'd like some refrence to coyotes spreading typhoid fever as stuff like that really intrests me.

J

You will not find anything in the way of diseases in google. BUT if you where to ask a wildlife biologist they could tell you. I used typhoid fever as an example. Distemper and other diseases like rabbies and respatory problems. I will give you more run down list of diseases later.

coyotedr":xpinpw2k said:
You will not find anything in the way of diseases in google. BUT if you where to ask a wildlife biologist they could tell you. I used typhoid fever as an example. Distemper and other diseases like rabbies and respatory problems. I will give you more run down list of diseases later.

Thanks I'd appreciate it. Figured skunks and coons were my biggest rabies carriers.

I always feel kinda like a nut whenever some report comes over the news about someone being arrested and found with over 1000 rounds of ammunition and they make that sound like a big deal. Heck I buy my .22's in 550 bulk packs and .223's in lots of 500 or more and that don't even include the ammo for my other guns. I shoot my own yotes and love it but was curious on the disease aspect you were talking about.

J

Coyotes ain't a problem its Pesky Panther's in the flowerbeds and eatin bluebirds. Devoloped a real taste for bluebird muffins I guess. Then you end up with panther poo the size of elephant flop with blue feathers in the flower bed.

Now this is a problem as Mrs. Burno is half Indian and bulldog if she ain't takin a hunk out of my ass I am being scalped.
She doesn't like her flower beds messed up. Nor do I!

I havn't lost any beef calves to yotes but they get a few bison calves every year .
I've seen them in action , one distracts the cow and the other one goes for the calf .
Last year they got my oldest boys calf , big mistake ! He's a trapper :lol:
Him and his younger brother killed 33 of the stinking things last winter . Here are some of them .

05smallfur.jpg

nice picture of caught yotes. here are just some of the diseases that coyotes carry. tuberculosis, parvo, typhoid fever, distemper,brucellosis, sarcoptic mange, hepatitis ,bubonic plaque and tularmia. the one that cattle owners need to be particularly aware of is brucellosis. If you are not having problems good for you. I hope you will never have problems with coyotes killing you baby calves and other animals. BUT just killing is not the only problem, the diseases i listed are just a few. All it takes is one coyote that has a disease and you could face a lot of vet bills that you dont need are livestock dieing because of one infected coyote.

coyotedr":zjtsbkof said:
nice picture of caught yotes. here are just some of the diseases that coyotes carry. tuberculosis, parvo, typhoid fever, distemper,brucellosis, sarcoptic mange, hepatitis ,bubonic plaque and tularmia. the one that cattle owners need to be particularly aware of is brucellosis. If you are not having problems good for you. I hope you will never have problems with coyotes killing you baby calves and other animals. BUT just killing is not the only problem, the diseases i listed are just a few. All it takes is one coyote that has a disease and you could face a lot of vet bills that you dont need are livestock dieing because of one infected coyote.

Disease wise are coyotes any more disease ridden than all the other wildlife in my woods? I would hate to just go killing all wildlife because of a vague chance my cows might get sick from some possible disease they might have.

aplusmnt":1ywdmb4v said:
coyotedr":1ywdmb4v said:
here are just some of the diseases that coyotes carry. tuberculosis, parvo, typhoid fever, distemper,brucellosis, sarcoptic mange, hepatitis ,bubonic plaque and tularmia. the one that cattle owners need to be particularly aware of is brucellosis.

Disease wise are coyotes any more disease ridden than all the other wildlife in my woods? I would hate to just go killing all wildlife because of a vague chance my cows might get sick from some possible disease they might have.

other than killing yotes what is your hidden agenda here yotedr?
still waiting on links and proof what you say is fact

Latest posts