cow pic

Help Support CattleToday:

The brown over her chine bone is caused from the acid in her saliva while licking flies I think.
Good cow.

I would guess her weight to be in the high 1400's maybe a touch over 1500lbs. She is a mid 5 frame score cow and her calves are not more than that either.

Her 3rd calf she lost at 10 days of age which was a let down as he was a promising calf. The good news was she came in heat 32 days after calving and stuck to her AI, which produced a bull calf of hers we sold last fall and got along well with.
Due to losing her calf and being dry for a year she gained a fair bit of weight. She is in lesser condition now which is better for her. Dave Hinman is who we bought her from said that her granddam who was a Candolier 376 daughter was a fairly heavy bigger cow, not enormous in frame but pretty much like a tank. I have to believe this is where her power comes from.

She throws muscle into every one of her calves, it's really amazing. Her calves have always been standouts and done very well on their own. Her bull calf last year was born Jan 3 and weighed 990lbs on August 31st, no creep and no feed to the cow. That was under complete pasture conditions. Her Right Time bull calf this year was born Jan 16 and I would guess he would be around 400-50lbs right now. The cow hasn't gone to grass yet as we are flushing her.

I hate ND blood, but Conclusive hides it really well. I thought he looked like a VRD type.

SEC - Most of the other posters have said it all! I have seen pictures of Angus cows from several years ago that were considered " The Finest Cow in the Angus Breed Today!" - and other equally expressive terms. This lady could exceed the majority of those others! She is a classic - AND is NOT a "Funnel Butt!"

"The Eye of the Master Breeds His Cattle!"

DOC HARRIS

That means a lot Doc! We have been blessed with the opportunity of purchasing some good cows and raising some good ones as well. I think she is pretty neat and the proof is in the pudding.

Latest posts