cow pic

Help Support CattleToday:

SEC

Reaction score
HA_Beletta_0219.jpg

A donor cow at our place with her AAA reg is 13739144. A very productive cow that has not missed her calves, 1 ET heifer and 5 natural bull calves and 5 ET bull calves by Sitz Tradition.

She is sporting a pretty neat Right Time bull calf this year that could turn some heads.

Good looking cow SEC.. Looks like she has a strong topline, good depth, thickness and length. Seems to be well balanced and very feminine with good legs under her and a good udder. Not the kind of cow that I could fault real easily. Perhaps the mtnkid could.
I really like her.IMO She has an overall decent pedigree and decent EPD's. Her progeny sired by the right bull should be able to help most herds that it is used in.

SEC, Is the little bit of brown from flies? I see that in my black cows in the summer. Cows like her are the reason why we top the market with our Black Angus feeder calves.

mnmt

I am thinking that the brown on her must be from the sun/flies. Lord knows we have enough of them.

We have her started on shots to flush her to Buffalos Conclusive. Our partner who bought into the cow last fall thought it would be neat and something different.

We will be leaving her open for the year to flush.

thats a nice looking cow :) and some nice looking land too...I wish I had some flat land out here :cboy:

Things were looking that green 10 days ago, but now with 1 week of heat in the high 80's and wind and things are starting to brown off pretty good!

With a cow like that I could be easily convinced to go black.

Pity more angus breeders don't strive to make cows like this, the "norm" for the breed.

Thanks for sharing your photo!

SEC - Nice cow, I think most people would take a herd of that kind.

I saw the Conclusive bull recently at Rocky Mountain Sires - He was an impressive bull. One of very few that looked good IMO. Most were disappointing to me, Conclusive was thick and good.

MtnMan - Were you meaning the brown or quality on the Shoshone comment? I like most of what I've heard of the Shoshone cattle.

I am hoping that they will be good, our partner on the cow thought it would be a good idea. This is monumental (mostly mental) for me to even think of using an animal with New Design blood.

Marketing should be there anyways!

Latest posts