Cow Lounging

Help Support CattleToday:

bball":35yggrcl said:
What are you going to do with those lovely gals when you sell out and head for Denver?

If I answered that candidly, it might not be well received.

I think most here know my philosophy. I don't place a spiritual value on Homo sapiens as creationist do. Thus, cows have value like humans do in accordance with my philosophy. Are they equal? No. Would I valve my favorite cow on par with my son? No. Would I value my favorite cow on par with a homeless man like the one I met Thursday in front of the YMCA in Maysville? No. But I put more value on their life than a walking slab of meat. I regret every time one of my cattle leave my care. If I did not have these emotions, you would never have known me, because I would already have left and gone back to Denver. But I am in a pickle. I feel obligated to my cattle. It goes deeper. I love my cattle. I enjoy my cattle and I like having them in my life.

You only have one life, live it how you see fit. I refuse to let a animal control my life. I'm going to leave my wife to look after the animals. I'm done altering my lifestyle because of the cats, dogs, cows, deer, fish and birds.

True Grit Farms":3hqqtm3p said:
You only have one life, live it how you see fit. I refuse to let a animal control my life. I'm going to leave my wife to look after the animals. I'm done altering my lifestyle because of the cats, dogs, cows, deer, fish and birds.

Laugh! Is that a permanent arrangement?

Bright Raven":t80a5bgl said:
True Grit Farms":t80a5bgl said:

Laugh! Is that a permanent arrangement?
That's entirely up to her. She missed a dive trip to the upper keys last week, and is going to miss a trip to Biloxi and New Orleans this weekend. She did tell me we were going to Jekyll Island at the end July, so that's good. ...I guess.

Bright Raven":3pfy1yf1 said:
bball":3pfy1yf1 said:
What are you going to do with those lovely gals when you sell out and head for Denver?

If I answered that candidly, it might not be well received.

I think most here know my philosophy. I don't place a spiritual value on Homo sapiens as creationist do. Thus, cows have value like humans do in accordance with my philosophy. Are they equal? No. Would I valve my favorite cow on par with my son? No. Would I value my favorite cow on par with a homeless man like the one I met Thursday in front of the YMCA in Maysville? No. But I put more value on their life than a walking slab of meat. I regret every time one of my cattle leave my care. If I did not have these emotions, you would never have known me, because I would already have left and gone back to Denver. But I am in a pickle. I feel obligated to my cattle. It goes deeper. I love my cattle. I enjoy my cattle and I like having them in my life.

PM me the candid answer please.
I was half tongue in cheek with my question, but sincerely interested in your overall plan.