Cow Family

Help Support CattleToday:

Lazy M

Reaction score
Posted this old sim cow and her goofy new calf in another thread. Reading a Neskip post I was impressed with how he could rattle off the lineage of each of his cows, and I thought I'd show one of my cow lines.

Not a great pic of her, but she is 10+ yrs old. Her daughter:

She's 8 yrs old. Was happy that the angus bull gave her a solid color (although still a white color) and knocked some frame off. Her daughter by another angus bull:

She has been one of my favorites for the past several years. She's 5 yrs old, and finally had a heifer last spring (she had a black heifer calf this yr too). Her daughter (I think by the neighbors char bull):

She's been my pick of the heifers. Deep and thick but still pretty feminine. We're going to ai her and the other replacements to the angus bull SAV Bruiser this May and then turn them out with a Hereford cleanup bull.

Thanks for the kind words. I have hopes that the heifer could be the best of the group

They are all nice!! They don`t get much better than that last heifer! I hope she does as well for you as she looks like she should.

Lazy M":18n5e9vz said:
Thanks for the kind words. I have hopes that the heifer could be the best of the group
She didn't take the AI, but I am pretty excited about her new heifer calf out of a Conealy Thunder son.

Angus bulls' ability to knock the meat off the top in two generations is quite remarkable

KNERSIE":56jyuu1c said:
Angus bulls' ability to knock the meat off the top in two generations is quite remarkable
I don't completely disagree. What would you suggest going forward?

Lazy M":3g3s32fs said:
KNERSIE":3g3s32fs said:
I know this question wasn't directed to me but I'd use a Limousin bull adding muscle is what they do plus great feed efficiency and higher dressing percentage, you can get homo black if you want.

Lazy M. Putting more top on your cows is more a function of selecting the right bull than it is the right breed. If you want a top on those cows, there are angus bulls that can do that. If you check Boyd Beef Cattle about 60 miles northeast of you, you will see black Angus bulls with plenty of top and muscle. I am not advocating for Boyd. There are other Angus breeders who have great cattle.

There are also great Simmental bulls within a 70 mile radius of Richmond.

frieghttrain":17817sla said:
Lazy M":17817sla said:
KNERSIE":17817sla said:
I know this question wasn't directed to me but I'd use a Limousin bull adding muscle is what they do plus great feed efficiency and higher dressing percentage, you can get homo black if you want.
I like limo but haven't found one locally that really suits me. Have several pureblood limo cows that I bought in a dispersal many years ago and have saved many angus/limo heifers from them. I think that the limflex cross is an excellent way to go.

Bright Raven":3vawv00o said:
Lazy M. Putting more top on your cows is more a function of selecting the right bull than it is the right breed. If you want a top on those cows, there are angus bulls that can do that. If you check Boyd Beef Cattle about 60 miles northeast of you, you will see black Angus bulls with plenty of top and muscle. I am not advocating for Boyd. There are other Angus breeders who have great cattle.

There are also great Simmental bulls within a 70 mile radius of Richmond.
I have 2 older Boyd angus and 1 yearling Boyd Hereford counting down the days until May 15 when they get released to the ladies, as well as 2 Sims (but I may need to take a look at another w/in 70 miles).

Latest posts