Cow elk

Help Support CattleToday:

They are 6 string bales that are near impossible to break. 3x4 bales stacked 6 high. 3X6+18 so it is 18 feet to the top of the stack. The elk mostly eat on the bottom bale. Maybe a little on bale #2. Bales 3, 4, 5, & 6 are just fine. Only the bottom bale has much damage and that is from what they ate. The elk spook when the stack falls over and most likely leave. The top 5 bales just get loaded on a truck or wagon and fed. He has a tractor with a grapple that loads up that bottom bale which is fed. He feeds 23 bales a day so it is no problem cleaning up the mess and feeding it first thing in the morning leaving nothing laying on the ground for the elk to mess up the next night.

I dun red it agin and I still only see one way of what he says

Elk don't tromp hay cus it's 18 foot in the air(skyhook maybe?)
Bales dont break , no hay loose from tromping even in the bales the elk eat out of.(so must be self tightening strings , and no wasted hay even from the bales they eat at , no wasted hay even from the bales the eat out of and the failure of sky hook causes those bales above to fall)
What uh... what the heck is your deal my friend? Are you this up in arms because somebody else's hay stack just got eaten instead of trampled on. I mean, you said one thing and he said that it didn't happen with these elk. He was there, he shot one. I think we would know.

No damage tags. I know some people get them but it is a process which B has not gone through. And he based that on experience others have had dealing with the game dept. You don't get to just sit on the hay and shoot an elk. They come in the middle of the night and they leave at the crack of dawn. There are legal shooting hours. Half and hour before sun rise until sunset. It is maybe 200 yards from the stack to the road. Once they cross the road they are out of the legal area. So you fly down that road at the crack of dawn. Get between the elk and safety. Slam on the brakes. Jump out of the vehicle. Get across the ditch to the fence (not legal to shoot from the road). Pick out an elk (no bulls and you don't want to shoot an old tough cow) and shoot it. Of course 75% of the time the herd will bolt and run. They tend to bunch up when they run making it tough to pick out a single elk. Flock shooting is not a good idea.
Yessir, I didn't understand the situation fully. Thought they were just making a buffet of it at whatever hours. As far as the tags, sorry to hear that. Can y'all use CDs, foil, etc as deterents?

So where the bales after the semi rolled over the same height off the ground as they were before the semi rolled as Dave is claiming in his post. Says elk can't tromp it because it is 18 feet in the air. After he says stack fell over because elk tunneled into it.
So the broken bales the elk ate from and the stack that fell can't be tromped on because it is 18 feet in the air?
So do they have self tightening strings.
If so who is the manufacturer?
Have yet to see any bale anywhere in the world that can have enough hay removed from them to cause the stack to fall over while remaining intact and having no loss of hay or hay tromped and wasted as Dave claims in his posts.
If you all can't tell that I am humorously calling Dave out on his ridiculous claims in this thread maybe you all ought to take a look in the mirror and see who it is that actually rides on the "short bus"
Let it go.

Ken

They are 6 string bales that are near impossible to break. 3x4 bales stacked 6 high. 3X6+18 so it is 18 feet to the top of the stack. The elk mostly eat on the bottom bale. Maybe a little on bale #2. Bales 3, 4, 5, & 6 are just fine. Only the bottom bale has much damage and that is from what they ate. The elk spook when the stack falls over and most likely leave. The top 5 bales just get loaded on a truck or wagon and fed. He has a tractor with a grapple that loads up that bottom bale which is fed. He feeds 23 bales a day so it is no problem cleaning up the mess and feeding it first thing in the morning leaving nothing laying on the ground for the elk to mess up the next night.
Dat makes much more gooder cents , I think I can understand it a bit now.
So the dead elk will stay under the collapsed stack for a few days . But the toppled bales get fed daily so there is no mess.
The mess from the bales ,that don't exist , from the bottom bale the only one the elk damaged gets cleaned up daily.
Do you gots any Picks like from a camera or sumpin. I sure would be interested in seeing some picks of dem elks only eating the bottom bale with no damage to the second bale, do they like sit down to do dat or do they lay flat on there back or side to eat enough of the bottom bale to get the rest to collapse without touching or damaging the second bale?
All the stakes that I have seen that elk or even cattle have gotten into always eat and damage the bale directly in from of them first , usually the second bale gets the most damage followed by the first and third bale getting damaged. But maybe dem elk up der be more edimicated dem the ones around here.

Dat makes much more gooder cents , I think I can understand it a bit now.
So the dead elk will stay under the collapsed stack for a few days . But the toppled bales get fed daily so there is no mess.
The mess from the bales ,that don't exist , from the bottom bale the only one the elk damaged gets cleaned up daily.
Do you gots any Picks like from a camera or sumpin. I sure would be interested in seeing some picks of dem elks only eating the bottom bale with no damage to the second bale, do they like sit down to do dat or do they lay flat on there back or side to eat enough of the bottom bale to get the rest to collapse without touching or damaging the second bale?
All the stakes that I have seen that elk or even cattle have gotten into always eat and damage the bale directly in from of them first , usually the second bale gets the most damage followed by the first and third bale getting damaged. But maybe dem elk up der be more edimicated dem the ones around here.
Nobody thinks it's funny, man.

Nobody thinks it's funny, man.
You're right it's not funny to question someone's iq and education for questioning someone's ridiculous claims they have posted in this thread ,just because they are your "friend."
You and several others should be ashamed of some of your responses in this thread.

You're right it's not funny to question someone's iq and education for questioning someone's ridiculous claims they have posted in this thread ,just because they are your "friend."
You and several others should be ashamed of some of your responses in this thread.
I will wait for you to show me what I've said that I should be ashamed of.

Latest posts