Elk hunting

Help Support CattleToday:

SW Montana Dillon area
A great part of the world. One of my old rodeo traveling partners lives near there.
If you drove I-84 from Portland to Boise at about mile post 329 I would be able to see you go by from where I killed my elk. Well I would have to use a spotting scope unless you were driving a semi. Look to the right as you drive by and you would see where we hunt elk.

A great part of the world. One of my old rodeo traveling partners lives near there.
If you drove I-84 from Portland to Boise at about mile post 329 I would be able to see you go by from where I killed my elk. Well I would have to use a spotting scope unless you were driving a semi. Look to the right as you drive by and you would see where we hunt elk.
We went clockwise, I-90 to Butte south on I-15

Congratulations to both of you. Sure is a lot of fun to have a group work together. We don't have any elk here. But, my nephew shot a beautiful 8 point white tail with a bow last weekend - dressed 185# - huge for here. His two brothers came to the farm for a 4-day weekend hunt. They didn't get any shot at one. They will be back for ?9 days at Thanksgiving for gun season.

Cut up the elk today. 8 big roasts in the freezer along with about 15-20 packages of steak and 4 of stew meat. Weighed up the boned out meat to grind for hamburger and it was 90 pounds. We will grind it up tomorrow. I have 10 pounds of beef fat to mix into the grind. I am glad I didn't shoot one of the bigger ones.
At one point while working on the elk I stepped out to take a break. There was 3 bucks right next to the house. All nice bucks too. The rut has started here and they have lost all sense of fear. Only one thing on their mind.

Attachments

• PA312231.JPG
    PA312231.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts