Second cow thief caught

Help Support CattleToday:

Old trapping partner moved to Alaska. We had caught hundreds of coyotes trapping together in Washington. He invited me up to help put out a wolf trap line. We went at it like trapping coyotes. Had just slightly better than zero success. One would think they are just a big coyote but they aren't.

Cats are minor here, wolves and grizzlies are major problems. The odd black bear will learn to kill too.
We had a black bear in northern California on my dad's place. One of the neighbors drilled him and that's the first time I ate bear. If there were enough around here to hunt I'd be looking to fill my freezer. Better than venison, not as good as elk.

Last summer just east of here they were losing one head of cattle every other day. Mainly yearlings. The game dept in all their wisdom took out two members of a pack of about 8. They wouldn't take out the alpha female who is of course raising a litter of pups every year. This year during deer season someone shot that female. There is a reward out trying to find this person. I hope they kept their mouth shut.
That snow covered ridge and to the right of this picture is where that pack is running. It is about 12 miles as the crow flies from my place which is nothing for a wolf. So far they have been staying over there. There is the freeway between here and there. If they do head this way hopefully a semi will run them over on the freeway.

P1032302.JPG

We are short 20 calves, 1 cow and a yearling heifer that we know of this year. 3 pairs and 2 bulls we are still hopefull to find. Second cow their was apprehended and given lethal sentence yesterday.View attachment 23009
That picture is ( showing my genx age ) is nothing short of badazz!!!..rember when bad meant really good..lol
Is cowthief Canadian for rustler or for wolf...??

We had a black bear in northern California on my dad's place. One of the neighbors drilled him and that's the first time I ate bear. If there were enough around here to hunt I'd be looking to fill my freezer. Better than venison, not as good as elk.
Ate bear once, saw a wormy one once, won't ever knowingly eat it again.

In Oregon we have bears, wolves and mountain lions. Shoot, Shovel and Shut up is the rule of the land.
Someone poisoned an entire pack of five wolves. Urban do gooders put up a $50,000 reward but since last summer, still no takers . :)

Last edited:
In Oregon we have bears, wolves and mountain lions. Shoot, Shovel and Shut up is the rule of the land.
Someone poisoned an entire pack of five wolves. Urban do gooders put up a $50,000 reward but since last summer, still no takers . :)
Gut shoot with a gun big enough that the bullet goes all the way through. Critter runs off and dies somewhere else with no evidence to point at you. Shut up is the key. We have some bears and lots of lions. Pretty rare for them to cause and trouble. Although the cats are real hard on the deer population.

I would never gut shoot an animal. Shoot a collared wolf dead and throw it in the ocean in my plan. That way the collar will wash back and forth and the ODFW will think it's still alive. Wolves from the Rouge pack have come into this county. Here is a trail cam picture of one. A wolf killed 48 sheep on Langlois mountain. ODFW said it was 'questionable' and would not pay for the sheep.
bd4b89d6-1ac4-4f11-9bf2-bf30d90d16fd-large16x9_wolf.jpg

Latest posts