Country Music

Help Support CattleToday:

gerardplauche":21ks07ra said:
Dwight Yoakam and Aaron Tippin. Also, can't leave George out... :cboy:

Now I love Aaron Tippin. He's got some good songs and he's nice to look at, to boot.

I like George Strait, too. And Jason Boland and the Stragglers are good. Thanks, Flaboy. Forgot about that. They play a lot around here.

What happened to Aaron Tippin? He was real twangy for a while and then he sorta changed his sound and now I haven't heard anything from him.

I agree, Aaron Tippen! Also, Jo Dee Messina, Miranda Lambert, Sha-Daisy, Terri Clark, Toby Keith, Trace Adkins, Clint Black, and there's whole lot more :D

People I can't stand; Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood, and Rascal Flatts

About two years ago, I went to an Aaron Tippin concert. I got a chance to meet him after the show. I handed my camera to my girlfriend and told her to get a picture of me shaking his hand. As we introduced and shook hands, I saw the camera flash and felt relieved. When we developed the film, the picture was of Aaron Tippin and only my hand and wrist. She said she was sorry and she didn't realize that I wanted the picture to include myself... :frowns: :shock: ...you gotta love'em though... :lol2:

backhoeboogie":rzqrbxht said:
Lammie":rzqrbxht said:
I like Willie Nelson because he can take anything and make it his own. He can sing show tunes, pop standards, country stuff, and he's written fantastic music. Today I heard him singing "Still Crazy After All These Years", which is a Paul Simon standard and, without really changing it, he made it his own and just nailed it! It was great. And if people like it they will, and if they don't then he don't care. He's making music.

They laughed him out of Nashville in the early 70's. He was nominated for "Entertainer of the Year" and the camera panned the audience. Many of the stars there were literally in the floor laughing. There was then a campaign for everyone to send their albums to them, broke in half. I remember all the hoopla from KiKK in Houston.

I was hoping to find a link somewhere to the video of it on the net but I can't find it.

Bob Wills was one of the old time favorites Mom and Dad used to listen to. Some of my earliest childhood memories of music was Bob Wills records mom played.

I saw Wilie in one of his first concerts. He was the warm up act for Slim Whitman. After SW was booed from the stage they brough back Willie and he went on till The Killer came on. Show went on for hours because we kept bringing back Willie and Jerr Lee for just one more song.

Kenz":35pz1qnf said:
People I can't stand; Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood, and Rascal Flatts
I agree, what happened to country music?

My favorites are Chris LeDoux and Rhett Atkins.

Lammie":31i4wivi said:
Willie and any other authentic Texas artist that has not gone pop, like Pat Green. Used to love him, but not so much anymore. Love Robert Earle Keene, Kevin Fowler, Shooter Jennings, Charlie Robinson, names fail me at the moment.

I avoid commercial stuff in favor of the less traveled musical roads. Generally, it if is Top 40, I don't like a lot of it.

Don't forget Aaron Watson, Doug Moreland, Jason Boland, and Corey Morrow.

dun, forgot about "The Killer". Saw him at a rodeo years ago. Made a lot of great records. Willie Nelson was good "in his day" and I still like his records but his singing today ain't squat. JMHO

CattleHand":115nbg3s said:
Thanks I thought Amarillo Sky was a pretty good song, lookin for some others to start listening to.
If you like Amarillo Sky, you'll like Brad Paisley's "Cloud of Dust"
Or Chris LeDoux's "Hard Times" (one of my all time favorite songs)

funky 4-Her":1uxxky7w said:
paul brandt, rodney atkins and george strait for the guys.
some of carrie underwood and taylor swift.
Faith hill is good.

Carrie Underwood is my pet peeve. The product of a laughable TV show and also a vegetarian, her 15 minutes of fame should have ended long ago. She managed to end Tony Romo's career. Someone needs to spare us music lovers.
And, strangely, Faith Hill is my other pet peeve. In a fair and just world, her treatment of "Piece of My Heart" would have ended her career before it began. Listen to Pearl's version, and then listen to the Faith Hill version. Sad.
Not meaning to pick on you, Funky 4-Her. Someday, you too will be old and opinionated.
I'm including the Wikipedia entry on "Piece of my Heart" In 1993, Faith Hill had never even heard Joplins version of the song. Not very musically curious, was she.
from Wikipedia
Faith Hill version

Country artist Faith Hill included the song on her debut album, Take Me as I Am (1993). Though it met criticism from rock listeners more familiar with Joplin's version, when released as the album's second single, it topped the U.S. Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart in the spring of 1994. During the recording of the song, her producers were shocked to learn that Hill had never heard Joplin's version. Her only exposure to the song was the country arrangement that had been sent in the form of a demo recording by the song's publisher. The producers ordered Hill not to listen to Joplin's version until recording was complete so that it would not influence the new artist's vocal interpretation. After hearing the Joplin version, the influence was immediate as live performances of the song became much more rock-influenced.

Hill has since re-recorded the track for the international pressing of her third album, Faith, released in 1998. This version can also be found on her 2001 international greatest hits album There You'll Be. Her original version was included in her 2007 greatest hits album The Hits.

John, Tony Romo is alive and well. If you're a football fan you'll see him next year..and the next. Heck I never listened to Janis Joplin either but still think Faith Hill can belt it out with the best of them but thought Linda Davis who sang "Does he love you" with Reba McIntyreI could out sing Faith Hill....she just neve seemed to get the right song to really make it big. Doubt any of them care what we think about them as they bank their millions every year. :cry2: :cry2:

john250":542btmpr said:
Wisteria Farms":542btmpr said:
In general I love all music... but what I can't stand is Redneck Woman by Gretchen Wilson...makes country women all sound like beer guzlin hoosiers.

I'm puzzled. You make this sound like a bad thing.

If THATS your kind of woman then its NOT a bad thing... there's someone for everyone...but there's a reason they have all those "you might be a Redneck" cards at the grocery store... you can be good down home country people without leaving your christmas lights on your frontporch all year long (as the song says).

I like all of the old stuff. Like Don Williams, John Conlee, Kenny and Dolly, Both Georges, Bobby Bare, Waylon and Willy, Merl, Buck Owens, Eddy Rabbit,Charlie Rich ,Johnny Paycheck ,Johnny Paycheck, Dwight Yoakam,Crystal Gayle,Gene Watson,Asleep At The Wheel.Bellamy Brothers, Conway Twitty,Charley Pride, John Anderson,Nitty Gritty Dirt Band,Tom T. Hall,Bob Wills,Ernest Tubb,Webb Pierce,Lefty Frizzell,Alabama,Charlie Daniels Band,Kris Kristofferson,Alan Jackson,Brad Paisley,Flatt & Scruggs,Stanley Brothers.

Well I guess thats enough, for now.

csutton":2w6y83zr said:
Lammie":2w6y83zr said:
Willie and any other authentic Texas artist that has not gone pop, like Pat Green. Used to love him, but not so much anymore. Love Robert Earle Keene, Kevin Fowler, Shooter Jennings, Charlie Robinson, names fail me at the moment.

I avoid commercial stuff in favor of the less traveled musical roads. Generally, it if is Top 40, I don't like a lot of it.

Don't forget Aaron Watson, Doug Moreland, Jason Boland, and Corey Morrow.

You betcha! :mrgreen:

i LOVE country music. it used to be all i listened to until i met my boyfriend, he makes me listen to classic rock. which is ok by me.

some females: taylor swift, gretchen wilson, sara evens, faith hill, trisha yearwood

males: GARTH BROOKS!, george strait of corse, jason aldean, luke bryan, rodney atkins, trace adkins, alan jackson, blake shelton, brad paisley, chris cagle, craig morgan, gary allen, tim mcgraw

groups: brooks and dunn, big and rich, diamond rio, little texas, rascal flatts, and i love it when tim mcgraw and faith hill sing together

some songs that stick out to me. they all pretty much have a story behind them:
ticks -brad paisley, all-american girl -carrie underwood (only song i like by her), international harvester -craig morgan, just got started lovin' you -james otto, you've got to kick a little -litte texas, fishing in the dark -nitty gritty dirt band(probably my all time favorite), my best friend -tim mcgraw and you cannot forget Ladies love country boys -trace adkins

be nice to me. im young and dont know any different :p

FarmGirl10":6b327ys1 said:
CattleHand":6b327ys1 said:
Thanks I thought Amarillo Sky was a pretty good song, lookin for some others to start listening to.
If you like Amarillo Sky, you'll like Brad Paisley's "Cloud of Dust"
Or Chris LeDoux's "Hard Times" (one of my all time favorite songs)

thanks : ) in a couple of days im going to check some of these songs out. Any one ever here "She thinks my tractors sexy"? It always gives me a good laugh.

Im liking what ive listened to so far of Chris LeDoux, but i cant find his song Hard Times

Wisteria Farms":1e69mo37 said:
john250":1e69mo37 said:
Wisteria Farms":1e69mo37 said:
In general I love all music... but what I can't stand is Redneck Woman by Gretchen Wilson...makes country women all sound like beer guzlin hoosiers.

I'm puzzled. You make this sound like a bad thing.

If THATS your kind of woman then its NOT a bad thing... there's someone for everyone...but there's a reason they have all those "you might be a Redneck" cards at the grocery store... you can be good down home country people without leaving your christmas lights on your frontporch all year long (as the song says).

Clearly, you have been in Illinois too long. I bet you plant corn within 12 feet of the front porch. :lol:

Latest posts