Country Music

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":3ocjv1te said:
Garth has to keep recording and doing the road show bit to make enough money to feed Trisha. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol2:

I think Ol George Jones said it all when he sang " Who's gonna fill their shoes" So far the singers of today haven't done a very good job.

Cal

TexasBred":3cecircp said:
Heck I never listened to Janis Joplin either but still think Faith Hill can belt it out with the best of them but thought Linda Davis who sang "Does he love you" with Reba McIntyreI could out sing Faith Hill....she just neve seemed to get the right song to really make it big. :cry2: :cry2:

I agree, Linda can sing with the best of them!

My favorites:
Alabama (Mountain music is my favorite)
Johnny Cash
Willie (although I think he's a nut)
Hank
Oak ridge boys
Garth (He has a lot of good songs but I can't think of one great song)
Trace
Sugarland
Faith

Just don't like Sugarland. Too twangy, like Reba. Just sing the dang song.

GMN":35c0m7zh said:
dun":35c0m7zh said:
Jim62":35c0m7zh said:
Garth Brooks lost me when he did a concert in Dallas (I think) and made his entrance swinging from a rope or something. During the concert, the big deal was fire and smoke and busting up a bunch of guitars.

Thass rock and roll to me.

That's BS to me! The no talent hack wannabe rocker.

Garth Brooks kind of faded for me when he went thru that weird stage of changing his identity or whatever it was, he hasn't had a hit song in years, and basically is just living off his old stuff.

GMN

Correction
He had a hit song late LAST YEAR. "More Than A Memory"
It debuted at #1....the ONLY song ever to do so.
And maybe he's living off his old stuff...because he's retired.

The amount of Garth hate around here is ridiculous, and it's for no damn reason at all. Just a difference of opinion.
No talent hack wannabe rocker?
Was there any need for that, really. Once again a matter of opinion.

People really need to get over the fact that Garth added rock elements into his music, yet it's still a lot more country than what is around today. And guess what? He wasn't the one that started the whole rock-country crossover, he just did the best with it.
Country isn't about "the sound" anymore, it's about the lyrics, and the way of life.

Garth (He has a lot of good songs but I can't think of one great song)

I can think of heaps of great songs...but maybe that's coz I'm a Garth fan :lol:
The Dance is one of the first that comes to mind, In my opinion one of the best songs ever written.(Thanks to Tony Arata for writing it)

I'm sorry if I came across then as b!tchy, but the Garth hate here is beyond a joke.

Chances are not many people are going to agree with me, but I don't care that much anymore.

Well I haven't read this topic thoroughly, but I don't see anyone mentioning my future husband, Keith Urban :heart:
Nothing like some home grown talent to get me stirred up!! Saw him last year and was easily the best concert I have been to... and I didn't think the Dixie Chicks were all that bad either, but Keith left 'em for dead.
I also used to like Steve Forde when he was Steve Forde & the Flange playing at The Woolshed on Hindley... now that's going back a bit!! He's lost touch now, doesn't appeal to me at all anymore.
God I could list so many others I love here.... Taylor Swift, Sugarland, Rascall Flatts, Big & Rich, Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert, Catherine Britt, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw..... and the list goes on!!!
(Oh, but no Garth... sorry Bek, not with you on that one!!! :p )

Aww, my poor Garthy :p
At least you just stated your opinion Carla, and didn't bash him. Okay I'll get off that, I'll start to sound b!tchy again.

I can't believe I didn't mention Keefy :p
Without a doubt one of our best musical exports.
He even got a spot at the Brooks & Dunn concerts a few weeks ago.
Started with ring ring..."hi this is Keith Urban, introducing my mates Kix Brooks & Ronnie Dunn."

I agree, Fordey isn't the same as he was. He's gone too "American" for me now.
And Catherine Britt is awesome! I wasn't a fan til she did support for B & D. Definitely one now though, her cover of "Sweet Child O' Mine" is just awesome :D

Brooks N Dunn,George Strait,Tim McGraw Shania Twain.
Australian: Troy Cassar -Daley,Slim Dusty,Smokey Dawson, Adam Brand.
Luv Country Music and lots of other music as well.
Went to Phantom of the Opera in Brisbane a couple of weeks ago,excellent. missed out on tickets to Celine Dion.
Colin :D

Brandy, yes gotta agree there Colin, the best currently in Australia, in my opinion.
Adam Harvey is another good one. Never really been a fan of Troy C-D though, not sure why though, just never really liked him I guess. And well Smokey & Slim, they're just the greatest. May they R.I.P.

I would also like to apologise for the way I conducted myself last night, I guess this is just one topic where I'll have to agree to disagree with the general concensus.

Bek":2f56tqb3 said:
Brandy, yes gotta agree there Colin, the best currently in Australia, in my opinion.
Adam Harvey is another good one. Never really been a fan of Troy C-D though, not sure why though, just never really liked him I guess. And well Smokey & Slim, they're just the greatest. May they R.I.P.

I would also like to apologise for the way I conducted myself last night, I guess this is just one topic where I'll have to agree to disagree with the general concensus.

Bek..hahaha..that's fine. Most of us will let you have Garth. I use to like him when he first got popular but couldn't go with the fireworks and swinging like a monkey on the stage...liked him even less after all his claims about how much he loved his wife and family then left them for "Thunder Thighs" Yearwood.

TexasBred":2z7ml7ce said:
Bek":2z7ml7ce said:

Bek..hahaha..that's fine. Most of us will let you have Garth. I use to like him when he first got popular but couldn't go with the fireworks and swinging like a monkey on the stage...liked him even less after all his claims about how much he loved his wife and family then left them for "Thunder Thighs" Yearwood.

If you remember Texas bred, some of the earlier award shows, everytime trisha got a award, Garth was the presenter, and he always complimented her overboard with his wife sitting in the audience. He cheated on his wife once early in thier marriage, but she forgave him, so who knows why they really got a divorce, could be he cared more for Trisha even then. Plus I heard some of the stipulations of his divorce, he can't remarry until his youngest daughter is out of high school.

Garth made his money, he said once in a interview that he had enough money for himself, his kids, his grandkids, and his grandkids kids.

He had some good songs, but I always just thought he went a bit overboard.

Also I like Trisha Yearwood, and I do think she is a very pretty, talented woman, to be judged on her talent and not on her body fat.

GMN

Gail I did say "I use to like Garth". And hard to concentrate on the words to a song when the body score comes on so powerful. ;-) She does have a pretty voice tho..gotta give her credit. But as for marriage...in today's world that doesn't seem to matter. They'll just live together.

Killala":u7s7m5b5 said:
Well I haven't read this topic thoroughly, but I don't see anyone mentioning my future husband, Keith Urban :heart:
Nothing like some home grown talent to get me stirred up!! Saw him last year and was easily the best concert I have been to... and I didn't think the Dixie Chicks were all that bad either, but Keith left 'em for dead.
I also used to like Steve Forde when he was Steve Forde & the Flange playing at The Woolshed on Hindley... now that's going back a bit!! He's lost touch now, doesn't appeal to me at all anymore.
God I could list so many others I love here.... Taylor Swift, Sugarland, Rascall Flatts, Big & Rich, Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert, Catherine Britt, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw..... and the list goes on!!!

Your in luck, Sugarland is suppose to be coming to Australia sometime soon. I like Keith Urban as well. I'm glad him and Nicole are married. they seem to enjoy each others company.

Willie
Waylon
Dwight Yoakum
George Strait
Jim Reeves
Patsy Cline
Sara Jorey
Alan Jackson
Faron Young
Kitty Wells
Johnny Horton

And anything with yodelin in it.

L Weir":2wl9md8k said:
Killala":2wl9md8k said:

Your in luck, Sugarland is suppose to be coming to Australia sometime soon. I like Keith Urban as well. I'm glad him and Nicole are married. they seem to enjoy each others company.

They've just left, I think, unfortunately. They didn't really tour though, it was more of a festival thing, not full shows.
Hopefully they'll come back though, I'm not a fan, but have got friends who are. I believe they toured with Brooks & Dunn a few years ago over there in the US...I would go and see them if they came with Kix & Ronnie over here.

f you remember Texas bred, some of the earlier award shows, everytime trisha got a award, Garth was the presenter, and he always complimented her overboard with his wife sitting in the audience. He cheated on his wife once early in thier marriage, but she forgave him, so who knows why they really got a divorce, could be he cared more for Trisha even then. Plus I heard some of the stipulations of his divorce, he can't remarry until his youngest daughter is out of high school.

That may have been the case. But I guess that changed, because he asked Sandy(his ex) if he could marry Trisha before he proposed. And the words she used was, "it's about time, it'll be good for both of you."

That's what made me like him, although I didn't start listening to country at all til 2000, and the rockier sound appealled to me more, I guess. But I'm a huge Strait, Cash, Waylon, Hank fan now aswell. Don't know if that's coz I never experienced those guys when they were around(the exception of Strait, who is 30 years into his career and still going strong).

Personally, I always liked Trisha and Garth together, when I first started watching Garth clips...I thought they already were :lol: Oops...I agree, they probably shouldn't have gone about it the way that they did, but still they seem to be truly happy now, and they deserve the best(may not agree with me there, but that's my opinion.) Oh and in the latest Trisha clip she's not looking too...big. She seems to balloon in and out a fair bit though.

I guess the reason I got so riled up was coz, Garth is and always will be my fave singer/celeb in the whole world, and it's a touchy subject when bad things are said about him. But hey, you can't win em all.

Now I just don't get hung up that much on celeb's personel life. Like what the eat for breakfast,what kinda car they drive or who they're sleeping with.I just listen to their music and watch their movies. But their are exeptions. And thats, Hanoi Jane and Rowland Martin,and all celebs who think they should enter into the political world.

Cal

Couldn't agree more Calman. To me it's all about the music, or acting, or how someone plays their chosen sport, not what they have or haven't done.

I even try to ignore the political stuff, but that's pretty much beat into our heads by the media.