Stoney LaRue
Jason Aldean
Roger Creager
Jason Boland and the Stragglers
Cory Morrow
Charlie Robison
Pat green
Randy Rogers Band :nod:

I like pretty much anything from the fifties, sixties, and seventies, which is what I grew up on. Of the ones still around I'll take George Strait and Alan Jackson any time. I like Tracy Byrd, but haven't heard much from him lately. On the female side I really like Martina McBride. I know some of her stuff is more pop than country, but she can really belt out a tune and I think she's cute as a button. I like Brooks & Dunn and Montgomery Gentry, too.

I remember seeing Alan Jackson as the opening act for Randy Travis back in the early 90's. He really took off shortly after that. I think he's one of the greatest songwriters ever in any genre.

I like ray wylie hubbard. His music is kinda outlaw country . Now if you like the new sissy sounding country you want like this guy. If you like hank williams jr you probably will like ray.

cattleluvr18":1tkvsu4n said:
i LOVE country music. it used to be all i listened to until i met my boyfriend, he makes me listen to classic rock. which is ok by me.

some females: taylor swift, gretchen wilson, sara evens, faith hill, trisha yearwood

males: GARTH BROOKS!, george strait of corse, jason aldean, luke bryan, rodney atkins, trace adkins, alan jackson, blake shelton, brad paisley, chris cagle, craig morgan, gary allen, tim mcgraw

groups: brooks and dunn, big and rich, diamond rio, little texas, rascal flatts, and i love it when tim mcgraw and faith hill sing together

some songs that stick out to me. they all pretty much have a story behind them:
ticks -brad paisley, all-american girl -carrie underwood (only song i like by her), international harvester -craig morgan, just got started lovin' you -james otto, you've got to kick a little -litte texas, fishing in the dark -nitty gritty dirt band(probably my all time favorite), my best friend -tim mcgraw and you cannot forget Ladies love country boys -trace adkins

be nice to me. im young and dont know any different :p

i'll second all that except the classic rock and Rascal flatts

Maineshowgirl":3syju50a said:
Kevin Fowler
Robert Earl keen
CCR " Cross Canadian Ragweed"
Eil Young Band :nod: :nod: :nod:
Stoney LaRue
Jason Aldean
Roger Creager
Jason Boland and the Stragglers
Cory Morrow
Charlie Robison
Pat green
Randy Rogers Band :nod:

Roger Creager! That was the one I could not remember! I have a couple of his CD's but they are packed up in the garage from when we had the house for sale. I gotta find that box!

cattleluvr18":2tiu9905 said:
i LOVE country music. it used to be all i listened to until i met my boyfriend, he makes me listen to classic rock. which is ok by me.

some females: taylor swift, gretchen wilson, sara evens, faith hill, trisha yearwood

males: GARTH BROOKS!, george strait of corse, jason aldean, luke bryan, rodney atkins, trace adkins, alan jackson, blake shelton, brad paisley, chris cagle, craig morgan, gary allen, tim mcgraw

groups: brooks and dunn, big and rich, diamond rio, little texas, rascal flatts, and i love it when tim mcgraw and faith hill sing together

some songs that stick out to me. they all pretty much have a story behind them:
ticks -brad paisley, all-american girl -carrie underwood (only song i like by her), international harvester -craig morgan, just got started lovin' you -james otto, you've got to kick a little -litte texas, fishing in the dark -nitty gritty dirt band(probably my all time favorite), my best friend -tim mcgraw and you cannot forget Ladies love country boys -trace adkins

be nice to me. im young and dont know any different :p

I agree with pretty much all the ones you posted.

Now this is probably going to open up a can of worms, it usually does.
It's been said that country "died" when Garth came along because he was too rock for country. (I probably wouldn't listen to any country if it wasn't for him, personally). Now, if that's true, then country was "dieing" way before then, because it was already taking that form. The thing is though, many of those who we now consider traditional artists, were considered too rock for country. Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, are ones that come to mind. Elvis started country, but then he was rejected by the country audience, so then he went Rock N Roll, and became the biggest artist ever.

My point is, country WILL evolve, whether we like it or not, just like any other genre.
And whether people like it or not, Garth Brooks is the biggest thing to come out of country music. Sold over 120 million records in the United States alone, brought 1 million people to NYC for one concert. You can't argue with that.

But then again, that's only from what I've read, and listened to. And I'm young, so how would I know any better.

Clearly, you have been in Illinois too long. I bet you plant corn within 12 feet of the front porch. :lol:[/quote] by John250

Oh, I see....you're from Indiana so use of the word "hoosier" offends you. Well, here's the first verse of that song...

Well I ain't never
Been the barbie doll type
No I can't swig that sweet champagne
I'd rather drink beer all night
In a tavern or in a honky tonk
Or on a 4 wheel drive tailgate
I've got posters on my wall of Skynard, Kid and Strait
Some people look down on me
But I don't give a rip
I'll stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip

now, who's more likely to grow corn within 12 foot of their front porch, me or you? I just don't like the song...sorry. When Uncle Sam stops dipping into my pocket to pay for barefooted "wimmins" with babies on their hips I might change my mind. No hard feelings, Indiana. PS...cute dog.

CattleHand":1svkz9me said:
Thanks I thought Amarillo Sky was a pretty good song, lookin for some others to start listening to.

You go to get this singers 1st CD,(Jason Aldean) I like Amarillo Sky but his single Hicktown is a rocking song!

I like all kinds of music, rock, some country, jazz, I love Bruce Springsteen :heart:

GMN

My favorite song right now is International Harvester. I only have one IH item and that is an old worn out square baler.

flaboy":3mxrxw4w said:
My favorite song right now is International Harvester. I only have one IH item and that is an old worn out square baler.

Yep thats a good one too, my kids love that song!

GMN

Wisteria Farms":1lod3k4i said:
Clearly, you have been in Illinois too long. I bet you plant corn within 12 feet of the front porch. :lol:
by John250

Oh, I see....you're from Indiana so use of the word "hoosier" offends you. Well, here's the first verse of that song...

Well I ain't never
Been the barbie doll type
No I can't swig that sweet champagne
I'd rather drink beer all night
In a tavern or in a honky tonk
Or on a 4 wheel drive tailgate
I've got posters on my wall of Skynard, Kid and Strait
Some people look down on me
But I don't give a rip
I'll stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip

now, who's more likely to grow corn within 12 foot of their front porch, me or you? I just don't like the song...sorry. When Uncle Sam stops dipping into my pocket to pay for barefooted "wimmins" with babies on their hips I might change my mind. No hard feelings, Indiana. PS...cute dog.[/quote]

Isn't Gretchen Wilson from Illinois? :nod: :lol2:

Garth Brooks lost me when he did a concert in Dallas (I think) and made his entrance swinging from a rope or something. During the concert, the big deal was fire and smoke and busting up a bunch of guitars.

Thass rock and roll to me.

Jim62":314qxvam said:
Garth Brooks lost me when he did a concert in Dallas (I think) and made his entrance swinging from a rope or something. During the concert, the big deal was fire and smoke and busting up a bunch of guitars.

That's BS to me! The no talent hack wannabe rocker.

Here's My Picks:

Anything by George Straight - Amarillo by Morning is my favorite song.
Randy Travis
Conway Twitty
Merle Haggard
Charlie Robinson
Last but not least - Willie Nelson

Wisteria Farms":2ba6fxdk said:
Yes, John, Gretchen Wilson is from Illinois.... actually from a town only about 40 miles from me.... what's your point?

Maybe "beer guzzlin'" Illini would have been more appropriate than 'beer guzzlin Hoosiers"?
Just having fun, really. I like the few Illini I know.

john250":2ntjybkr said:
Wisteria Farms":2ntjybkr said:
Yes, John, Gretchen Wilson is from Illinois.... actually from a town only about 40 miles from me.... what's your point?

Maybe "beer guzzlin'" Illini would have been more appropriate than 'beer guzzlin Hoosiers"?
Just having fun, really. I like the few Illini I know.

Don't matter much. Gretchen can sit in my swing anytime she wants. :nod:

dun":2ihz3d3e said:
Jim62":2ihz3d3e said:

Garth Brooks kind of faded for me when he went thru that weird stage of changing his identity or whatever it was, he hasn't had a hit song in years, and basically is just living off his old stuff.

GMN

GMN":3g2l24ar said:
dun":3g2l24ar said:
Jim62":3g2l24ar said:

Garth Brooks kind of faded for me when he went thru that weird stage of changing his identity or whatever it was, he hasn't had a hit song in years, and basically is just living off his old stuff.

GMN

I think he's trying to record again so he can continue paying alimony to the ex. I bet she deserves it, too. I always liked it when he started referring to himself in third person. "Garth isn't too happy about that..." Like he was the Queen or something.

Garth has to keep recording and doing the road show bit to make enough money to feed Trisha. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts