Queen of Country

Help Support CattleToday:

Lots of really good musicians around, but you wont hear them on the radio. All the big names today are people that companies decide they can make a dollar from. Go to local shows, rodeos etc where they have a band at night, thats where the best musicians are these days.

Is that picture from the The Breaks, or Cumberland Gap? I can picture that several places.
We live about 35 miles from the Red River Gorge area, and seems like all the time it's on the news that people get lost hiking or fall over cliffs.
I think that is around Pike county

Old country is hard times, hard work music. Most people my age (47) and younger have never experienced either one.
Got that right, I have kids older than you and they have not seen hard times.
We lived country cause that's the way I was raised. I didn't know you were supposed to eat beef until I was grown.
If we didn't grow it in a garden or get it out of the bay or woods we didn't eat it.

We lived country cause that's the way I was raised. I didn't know you were supposed to eat beef until I was grown.
If we didn't grow it in a garden or get it out of the bay or woods we didn't eat it.

When I was growing up we ate pork, beef, and chicken, but it didn't come from the store. We raised them, and we butchered them.

I've seen plenty of the work side. We didn't have an excess growing up but we never went hungry or cold.

My grandparents stories from the depression gave me a good perspective on things. Water gravy, lining clothes with old newspaper to cut the wind, cousins moving in from time to time because their folks couldn't feed them, waking up with snow dusting the blankets, etc. Makes me appreciate how good we all have it now.