Corn bread help please !!!

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
My cousin is looking for a recipe for the traditional corn bread that is served with all holiday meals, especially Thanksgiving. So I said I would ask my CT friends that love to cook .Does anyone have a recipe that they use each year that is to die for.

Thanks so very much . :tiphat:

Joe, I know you must have one . :help:

Not what you're looking for, but I cannot resist.

100_0014.jpg

Blame Youtube for the out-of-focus part. :mrgreen:

Gale Seddon":92maizht said:
Not what you're looking for, but I cannot resist.

100_0014.jpg

Blame Youtube for the out-of-focus part. :mrgreen:

We can't get that here, but my cuz has used it in the past when she lived in the U.S. :lol:

It's actually what I use and it's good because it is a little on the sweet side. I like it!!! I could ship some to you. Cornbread 50 cents a box...shipping $50.00! ;-)

Gale Seddon":j60o11m2 said:
It's actually what I use and it's good because it is a little on the sweet side. I like it!!! I could ship some to you. Cornbread 50 cents a box...shipping $50.00! ;-)
And if she orders in the next 20 minutes you'll double the order absolutely free. :cowboy:

I found this one for her .

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
2/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray or lightly grease a 9 inch round cake pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir in egg, milk and vegetable oil until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.

Wife likes the krusteeze(sp) honey cornbread mix. We dont have any better recipes

HD, that one you posted is pretty close to the recipe on the Aunt Jemima corn meal carton. I would cut back the sugar to 1/4 cup if it were me. And I like to sour the milk with a tsp of vinegar, or use buttermilk. There are a couple of good corn bread recipes on the Hodgson Mill corn meal bag, too. So when she buys the corn meal, she should get the recipe. If you really want a good crust on corn bread, bake in a cast iron skillet and pre-heat the skillet along with the oven.

Saw a tip on a JiffyMix box that called for adding some dill seed to the mix for a little twist. The wife said it tasted wierd, but I loved it. Now I make two batches at a time and load mine with dill seed and/or dill weed. Be cookin up a big pot of beans with Thanksgiving leftover ham in the next few days. Better start greasin up the skillets!

Latest posts