Jo Help me out please

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Jo,
Can you give me a good recipe for this SOB He has been a busy beaver and creating alot of problems. He won't be hard to kill as he loves to show me his swimming skills and water slapping skills but I needed a recipe before i did.

ResizedImage_1427118557409_zps6c3290b5.jpg

ResizedImage_1427118557951_zps0cbeb550.jpg

ResizedImage_1427118559287_zps0ad9288c.jpg

Recipe is in the cleaning. Just be careful and remove the castor gland and oil sac then clean like anything else. Smoked whole is great or cut up and use it like you would beef. They say the indians loved tail. I'd toss it myself. Rest of it tastes just like extremely tender beef. Just like it. Can't go wrong as long as you clean it right.

Jogeephus":3qmen9dz said:
Recipe is in the cleaning. Just be careful and remove the castor gland and oil sac then clean like anything else. Smoked whole is great or cut up and use it like you would beef. They say the indians loved tail. I'd toss it myself. Rest of it tastes just like extremely tender beef. Just like it. Can't go wrong as long as you clean it right.

I never cleaned one so im sure I will eff it up somehow and the meat will be rank. I do love tail myself but not on a critter 8)

Nothing to it. Just look between the rear legs and you will see the mound. Take a razor or something sharp and gently cut the skin to expose the glands. They are the size of calves nuts so you can't miss them. Whatever you do, don't cut into them. Just pull the skin back and take you fingers and pull on them a little and use the knife to gently cut them out. Then you can sell the caster or toss it. Wash you hands and that area then skin like you would a coon or a rabbit. You won't care for the tail unless you like to eat beef fat because that's all it is. Just fat.

I make lure with mine. Stuff works wonders. Lots more potent than store bought lure. Probably cause its organic. LOL

Jogeephus":2yhhhdt0 said:
Nothing to it. Just look between the rear legs and you will see the mound. Take a razor or something sharp and gently cut the skin to expose the glands. They are the size of calves nuts so you can't miss them. Whatever you do, don't cut into them. Just pull the skin back and take you fingers and pull on them a little and use the knife to gently cut them out. Then you can sell the caster or toss it. Wash you hands and that area then skin like you would a coon or a rabbit. You won't care for the tail unless you like to eat beef fat because that's all it is. Just fat.

sim.-ang.king":2yhhhdt0 said:
http://www.trapperman.com/trapperman/beaver_castor_removal.html
There's how you take'em out. Now for the love of all things holy, do not throw the castor or oil sac away! Give them to a local trapper, freeze them, or put the castor on your ice cream, just don't throw them away.

:lol:

Thanks yall for all the info... No thank you on putting it on my ice cream I will pass. Trappersteve here traps maybe he will want those glands.

Jogeephus":2yhhhdt0 said:
I make lure with mine. Stuff works wonders. Lots more potent than store bought lure. Probably cause its organic. LOL

Organic is the cure all :D

Latest posts