Congrats to Van Newkirk herefords

Help Support CattleToday:

midtncattle

Reaction score
I watched portions of the sale and they did well. It appeared just by looking at he numbers the 2 year old average would be at least 8000. About 6 bulls in the 2 year old group sold at 10000 or above. The top lots I saw were lot 5 for $14000 and lot 88 for $14250. I don't know if I saw more then two 2 year olds sell for less then 5000 and one of them had a limp!

What a nice sale and the beautifull part of it is a great amount of those bulls went to repeat commercial customers. Been to the sale and was impressed no show no smoke and mirrors. As far as we know its all done up right. Was impresed years ago when they had a lot of Ferry Carpenter genetics and they at that time what were honest hardworking cattle. Everybody was running after what ever won the last show but Van Newkirks were looking farther down the road.

I watched a good part of the sale, and I must say I liked what I saw. I noticed the ABW was posted all the numbers were, so you got an idea of what type of bull you were buying.

ABrauny":pkljpnly said:
Angus Cowman":pkljpnly said:
did you see the price on the last lot a group of 74 commercial hfrs went for $2000 pr hd all one lot
Breds or open yearlings?
Open yearling's ,Joe said probabley weighed better than 700. Looked like a nice uniform group.

Latest posts