Concealed Carry license

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
So several months ago I got my renewal in the mail and I just stuck it out of the way until the other day when I realized it expired on april 1st (wow 7 yrs flew by) anyway 6 to 8 weeks to mail it in along with passport photo. I checked the website and you can go to a regional office and have it done . So I called to make an appointment and the recorded message said renewals do not need appointments. This morning I had to run to Tallahassee to pick up some material and after that I went to the Dept. OF Agriculture licensing office to do the renewal . If ever there has been an efficient government office I found it this morning. I walked in told the receptionist what I wanted she took my driver license and renewal notice filled out a form and told me to have a seat. I didn't even have time to cross my leg when I was called back. I sat down and girl said look here and in approx. 2 min she handed me my license and said your done. Total time there 10minutes there were about 10 other people there also taking test and in waiting room. It would have been even quicker if I had not had to walk back out to the truck to get my check book. Kudos to Adam Putnam commissioner of agriculture in Florida

It's even better than that here in Alabama, no class, no nothing. Just walk into your local sheriffs office, hand them your D/L, they run it through NCIC, take your picture, hand them 25 bucks and they hand you a CCW permit. Even the first time takes less than 10 minutes, renewals take 5.

Ol' 243":2y3cqrdq said:
It's even better than that here in Alabama, no class, no nothing. Just walk into your local sheriffs office, hand them your D/L, they run it through NCIC, take your picture, hand them 25 bucks and they hand you a CCW permit. Even the first time takes less than 10 minutes, renewals take 5.
But you have to do it yearly. Here a renewal is 60 bucks and its good 7 yrs

M-5":28dsu189 said:
Ol' 243":28dsu189 said:
But you have to do it yearly. Here a renewal is 60 bucks and its good 7 yrs

Nope, used to be that way, now we have it for 5 years.

Ok , I didn't know they had changed it. I work in Alabama and have to have my License to be able to keep my guns in my truck being a Florida resident until 2013 when they changed the law.

Yes sir, it used to be a pain in the a$$ going to get it renewed every year. A year or so back they changed it to five year permits.

We get our CC permit from the Probate judge. When I lived in Florida you had to take a CC class to get a permit for the first time. Which isn't a bad thing really.

here in Va the last time I renewed it was the same process as getting one for the first time.....
they do some sort of investigation and it takes a couple of weeks from application to getting the permit.
judge signs off on it if I recall correctly.
reminds me that I need to check the expiration on mine....good for five years.

Guess I'm lucky in Indiana...payed $75 several years ago for a lifetime permit. No renewals. Always in good standing as long as you don't do something stupid.. like become a felon.

Where we live in rural Central California, it's pretty simple. Did the class in Saturday years ago, renewal every 2 years takes $50 and 10 minutes now. My Utah permit was even easier. Did it through the mail and its every 5 years.

When I went to the Sheriff's office to get mine as a new resident, a scruffy guy (worker) came in with his weapon on his hip and told the lady behind the glass that his CCP "expired about 4 months ago." She said "No problem" and he was out the door in 3 minutes. I knew I was going to like it here.

Latest posts