Every day Carry

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas":35n9v1pa said:
I carry a S&W 642 Airweight 38 special. When bear hunting also carry a Taurus 8" 44 mag in a shoulder holster.
I have been threatened, shot at, beat up and left for dead. No more. Im glad there are places that are safe but here is not one of them. Drugs are the danger here now.

I have a deep appreciation for your environment!

The drug folks here are not that much of a threat. 99.6 % are folks who are harmless even when on drugs which is most of the time. Most are very insecure and just want something to escape their miserable lives!

It is that .4 % that are absolutely monsters. All you got to do to prove it - watch Lexington news.

The one thing I know is that if I lived in an area as bad as described by some here, I would sell out and move very far away.

Bright Raven":it6w04xt said:
kenny thomas":it6w04xt said:
I carry a S&W 642 Airweight 38 special. When bear hunting also carry a Taurus 8" 44 mag in a shoulder holster.
I have been threatened, shot at, beat up and left for dead. No more. Im glad there are places that are safe but here is not one of them. Drugs are the danger here now.

I have a deep appreciation for your environment!

The drug folks here are not that much of a threat. 99.6 % are folks who are harmless even when on drugs which is most of the time. Most are very insecure and just want something to escape their miserable lives!

It is that .4 % that are absolutely monsters. All you got to do to prove it - watch Lexington news.

Drugs are horrific here 9 out of 10 are just thieves.
It is the one that is bat shyt crazy and is dangerous when needing a fix.
Watch the Beaumont news any night for who got shot for 20 bucks.

True Grit Farms":105uk77q said:
Threatened? I've been shot, run over and stabbed on different occasions, and I don't count misses. Been robbed and beat down by 3 Haitians with 2 sticks in the middle of the day in downtown Miami. Got pistol whipped by an old drunk and hit in the back of the head with a baseball bat by another, and sucker punched countless times. That was then and this is now, I'm 60 years old, lost my 70% of my strength on my left side, and have COPD. I will not and can't take another beat down because I think I'm tough. I still have a sledgehammer for a right hand, have the right to protect myself and my family, and refuse to cut and run or back down. I feel I'd be a dang fool not to be armed, I'll leave that to you guys.
CB, I hate snakes and kill every poisonous one I see. A bush ax or machete is my tool of choice, but I don't have one with me all the time.

You ever sat down and thought " maybe it's me"...........

callmefence":2agldhf5 said:
True Grit Farms":2agldhf5 said:
Threatened? I've been shot, run over and stabbed on different occasions, and I don't count misses. Been robbed and beat down by 3 Haitians with 2 sticks in the middle of the day in downtown Miami. Got pistol whipped by an old drunk and hit in the back of the head with a baseball bat by another, and sucker punched countless times. That was then and this is now, I'm 60 years old, lost my 70% of my strength on my left side, and have COPD. I will not and can't take another beat down because I think I'm tough. I still have a sledgehammer for a right hand, have the right to protect myself and my family, and refuse to cut and run or back down. I feel I'd be a dang fool not to be armed, I'll leave that to you guys.
CB, I hate snakes and kill every poisonous one I see. A bush ax or machete is my tool of choice, but I don't have one with me all the time.

Lol. Now that is a challenging thought.

callmefence":1kjyr4ri said:
True Grit Farms":1kjyr4ri said:

I have never blamed anyone besides myself for my trials and tribulations. I've been blessed beyond belief and for some unknown reason luck has been very kind to me. My wife is definitely my better half and for some reason has always been able to calm me. Her faith and her faith in me has provided me with a future few can hope for.

True Grit Farms":11tjfkss said:
callmefence":11tjfkss said:
True Grit Farms":11tjfkss said:

I have never blamed anyone besides myself for my trials and tribulations. I've been blessed beyond belief and for some unknown reason luck has been very kind to me. My wife is definitely my better half and for some reason has always been able to calm me. Her faith and her faith in me has provided me with a future few can hope for.

Well said!

I want to carry while on my 4wheeler. I had a gun rack on front, but the gun gets dirty and dusty there... What I want is a handgun riveted to the 4wheeler that my thigh will hide and protect from dust and dirt, yet be easy to grab if I need it quick. I ran up on some guys hog hunting, yet were trespassing...It was too late for me to turn around, my first defense, but I sped up to get around them. One of them flagged me down, so, I stopped once I past them so that I was moving away from them. One of them walked towards me...Every step I moved to keep a good distance. He wanted to know if I knew who owned the land they just walked off of..I said yes and left......lol...Gun would not have helped me if they had decided they needed a 4wheeler, they were all armed...Keeping my distance is my best defense...So sometimes I wonder if having a gun would help.. It would be more for shooting critters if I need to shoot a critter...

cowgirl8":2rl9la29 said:
I want to carry while on my 4wheeler. I had a gun rack on front, but the gun gets dirty and dusty there... What I want is a handgun riveted to the 4wheeler that my thigh will hide and protect from dust and dirt, yet be easy to grab if I need it quick. I ran up on some guys hog hunting, yet were trespassing...It was too late for me to turn around, my first defense, but I sped up to get around them. One of them flagged me down, so, I stopped once I past them so that I was moving away from them. One of them walked towards me...Every step I moved to keep a good distance. He wanted to know if I knew who owned the land they just walked off of..I said yes and left......lol...Gun would not have helped me if they had decided they needed a 4wheeler, they were all armed...Keeping my distance is my best defense...So sometimes I wonder if having a gun would help.. It would be more for shooting critters if I need to shoot a critter...

Linda, taking your example - pulling a gun would probably have gotten you killed. Remember, a person who will harm you is not going to play fair.

Dave":e3h5a7cj said:
The one thing I know is that if I lived in an area as bad as described by some here, I would sell out and move very far away.
Kinda hard to sell everything, quit a job, leave everyone I know. Instead I am just prepared. I'm glad you live in a place you feel safe. It was like that here a few years ago. I think there are lots of places in the cities that are worse.

kenny thomas":1ziowyx4 said:
Dave":1ziowyx4 said:
Kinda hard to sell everything, quit a job, leave everyone I know. Instead I am just prepared. I'm glad you live in a place you feel safe. It was like that here a few years ago. I think there are lots of places in the cities that are worse.
Some of my family worry about us out here. Although its not bad at all, its just remote. Out here, if a car goes by we don't recognize, we see it. Someone drives by slow, we see it. In the city, someone drives by you don't know, you don't notice. If you don't know the people around you in your neighborhood, you have no idea what goes on in their house. Where I grew up, there were come kids living across the street. Everything seemed normal, although their parents were on the older side. Anywho, come to find out, they were abducted kids. The adults were their grandparents, but they took the kids away from their parents and were living under new names, stuff like you see in the movies. No one ever knew. My sister found one of them on FB and found out that way.

kenny thomas":3q518dhc said:
Dave":3q518dhc said:

I am in the process of doing just that right now. It wasn't the violence that seems to be an issue in the south. It was the population explosion and traffic that was occurring where I lived. I didn't have to quit a job, I retired. I sold the place, the cows, and a lot of other things. The kids and grandkids will be 8 hours away instead of a few minutes. Siblings will now be 10-11 hours away.
I tried to find the crime statistics for the county I am moving to. All I could find was for the only "city" in the county. The population of that town is about 9,000. That is about half the population for the entire county. The crime rate is pretty darn low. Since 2002 there have been 2 murders. I don't have to go packing in an area like that.

Not everyday, but I carry either a NAA .22 Mag or Kel-tec .380 for comfort and better than nothing. Some new neighbors I am not to familiar with so I hope no problems. Around the house I would like to get and install a camera system as that is on my bucket list just no got to it yet....

https://www.safety.com/surveillance-systems/

Here are pictures I found online to show size.......

910123_01_22_magnum_5_shot_ss_naa_mini_r_640.jpg

522649_01_kel_tec_380_cal_p3at_640.jpg

Latest posts