Cold again!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Dang...fixed the waterleaks and didn't let anything drip...now the pump is froze up till tomorrow when it thaws. To cold to take a bath anyway.... :lol:

Anyone ever have a pressure tank freeze up and burst? Pressure guage is pegged :shock:

1982vett":l2su2oyv said:
Dang...fixed the waterleaks and didn't let anything drip...now the pump is froze up till tomorrow when it thaws. To cold to take a bath anyway.... :lol:

Anyone ever have a pressure tank freeze up and burst? Pressure guage is pegged :shock:

Ladies from church's tank blew up, looked like an explosion in a steel wool factory it was a fiberglass tank.
Never seen a metal one split but I seen ice bust a many a steel pipe in the oil field.

Gonna be about 0 here tomorrow, that's normal here, but 9 degree's in Texas? vett's pump freezing? What's going on down there? Some kind of global warming conspiracy I reckon.

Larry

larryshoat":2ihebbyi said:
Gonna be about 0 here tomorrow, that's normal here, but 9 degree's in Texas? vett's pump freezing? What's going on down there? Some kind of global warming conspiracy I reckon.

Larry
Larry I can't honestly tell you what's going on but some how I figure big Al had something to do with it. Supposed to have one more night of it here chill fac 0 to 5 in the morning and then 34 tomorrow and then back up to the normal 50's starting friday.I'm sure ready for the normal.

Cal

1982vett":25wsfxs9 said:

My pump has a 1/8" plastic line that runs from the front of the pump to the pressure switch. I've had that line freeze up, but never the tank itself. Pump and tank have an insulated box around them with two 40 watt bulbs on drop cords to prevent freezing - both bulbs burned out at the same time and I didn't catch it. As soon as that line thaws, everything is OK on mine.

Sun did thaw it out late this afternoon. Still left the power off just in case it wanted to freeze up again tonight. Figure it might have a pretty big ice cube inside.

I don't know how some of you folks from up north take this cold. I can't find enough cloths to keep the chill from going through my bones. Makes me look forward to hauling square bales out of a still bottom on a 100 degree, 100% humidity day in August. Now that I can handle.

8 here this morning.But believe it or not,no wind blowing. Supposed to warm up to 34.Wow!!

Cal

Calman":2v2gsxqu said:
8 here this morning.But believe it or not,no wind blowing. Supposed to warm up to 34.Wow!!

Cal
Feels almost strange without the 30 mph wind blowing. Only about 16 down here and suppose to get up to about 40 with lots of sunshine. :p

TexasBred":3h38j3hz said:
Calman":3h38j3hz said:

Cal
Feels almost strange without the 30 mph wind blowing. Only about 16 down here and suppose to get up to about 40 with lots of sunshine. :p
No wind, minus 12, supposed to get into the low 20s, but sunny

dun":1pyqr8jl said:
TexasBred":1pyqr8jl said:
Calman":1pyqr8jl said:

Cal
No wind, minus 12, supposed to get into the low 20s, but sunny

We're looking to be back in the 60's in a couple days.I'm sure ready for that kind of weather.

Cal

Calman":298astq7 said:
We're looking to be back in the 60's in a couple days.I'm sure ready for that kind of weather.

Cal
That's what they
re talkig about here too. Problem is after a week of it then we're back in the 20s and snow prediction scenerio

Latest posts