Cold again!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

And what is wrong with "pajama gram stuff with the pink bunny slippers"?

CB ya just don't know whats good for your feet.Im here to tell ya those warm pink fuzzys are the best.Had to get out of the recliner and clean the frost off the winders so I could watch the cows though. :mad: I heard you use those pink mittens when you do your hog petting though.

Cal

Caustic Burno":16xt0opc said:
TexasBred":16xt0opc said:
Keep it up there guys. This 20 degrees here with tornado wins is killing me. And yesterday I wore a teeshirt.

Well cows have hay I am taking the Calman approach to ranching 101. Will watch the herd from the bay window with coffee until Sat. and temps rise to what normal humans should be out in.
This includes a recliner and manly sleepwear, not the pajama gram stuff with the pink bunny slippers that Cal has pm'd be about. He wanted to send me pic's of him and Boogie with their pink chaps and cowboy hat's I politely declined as this was TMI as far as I am concerned. :help:
I hear that...the window gives a good view of the back anyway...CB don't let'em talk you into those pinko things.....show'em you're all man..stick with the Fred Flintstone boxer shorts, no shirt and unlaced boots. :lol: :lol:

Man I am sittin in the recliner covered in a manly Air Force blanket , with two pairs of socks and my feet on ole Rube. It is colder here right now than a witches tit in a brass bra. This boy is wired for 90+ degrees.

This is not funny anymore as it is 17 degrees here in the thicket. I have seen it colder but it has been a long time, the Siberian express of 83 when we got down to 2 degrees.

Caustic Burno":1eykvw5l said:
This is not funny anymore as it is 17 degrees here in the thicket. I have seen it colder but it has been a long time, the Siberian express of 83 when we got down to 2 degrees.
I used to think of minnesota an up that way as the frigid north. Lately I'm including southern MO.

It's 6 degrees here this morning and the roads are covered with Ice and then snow on top of that.
Not looking forward to it but gonna have to remove myself from the recliner and go down to the Post Oak ranch (about 30 mi) and check cattle and put out hay.I'm just glad I have the hay already there and wont have to haul it down.Gonna take the hay buggie though don't want to fool with trying to start the old JD thats been setting outside down there.Glad I've got 4wd and I will take a thermos of hot coffee with me.For the life of me I can't figure out why,in my younger days I loved to get out on the snow and ice covered roads and play.

Cal

Cal you be careful on them roads. I got to get out this afternoon as well, went back and checked the records and the coldest temp here on this date was -2 in 1951. If it was that cold here places where some of our members on this board live would have been unreal. Our normal low for this date is 39.

when i got up this morning it was dropped from 17 to 15 with a wc 1.so its cold here.i remember the dec deepfreeze of 89,as i was out in that mess tending to calves.

Cal saw a bit of your neck of the woods on tv this morning....and DFW looked like it was almost deserted....almost comical the Packers and Steelers complaining about the cold. About 10-12 degrees here this morning with 25 mph winds and 60% humidity. When I was much younger I referred to this as "mating weather".

TexasBred":1udvqjz6 said:
Cal saw a bit of your neck of the woods on tv this morning....and DFW looked like it was almost deserted....almost comical the Packers and Steelers complaining about the cold. About 10-12 degrees here this morning with 25 mph winds and 60% humidity. When I was much younger I referred to this as "mating weather".

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Oh that hurt I am laughing so hard dang TB I hear you.
It is way to cold to bump ugly's . What is worse is it never crossed my mind.

Caustic Burno":3vswnidf said:
TexasBred":3vswnidf said:

What???? :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

TexasBred":17e37l3m said:

Thats funny for sure.I found out how the roads were today Sat in a snow drift for about 2 hrs and finally got pulled out. I done one of those"hold my beer and watch this" kinda deals. Can't figure out why I drove into it knowing I probably wouldnt get through it. :mad: :mad: 4wd aint worth a dam if ya aint got no tires touching the ground.

Cal

Caustic Burno":anr6s8aq said:
Yep, I remember those cold wet years.

Red Bull Breeder":1ttu3p1b said:
Had alot of fun one winter watching texans play bumper cars on ice.

That's ok Red Bull.....seems you guys have to learn all over every year too. :lol:

I know it is selfish of me, but when people are bragging about their trip down south and how they are going to be golfing in shorts while I'm wearing the coverall's, it brings me some sort of satisfaction to see they have the same weather as we do at home.

Actually other than snowing almost every day, we haven't had too bad of winter where I live. We've had a couple of minor cold snaps but they've only lasted a few days at a time. The temps have been been pretty steady in the single digits and teens for highs every day since I think around Thanksgiving. We are supposed to have a couple days in the mid to upper 20's coming up and then back into the single digits again. Nothing to really brag about this year which is fine with me. In a little over a month I'll be complaining about the mud again.

ChrisB":3epwpy4n said:
In a little over a month I'll be complaining about the mud again.
I hear ya on that one. While I don't much care for the cold, I do appreciate frozen ground. Cows stay clean and the snow makes for a soft surface that is easy on their feet. Once the snow starts melting it gets to be a big mud hole no matter where you bed them down. For a few weeks you really have no options to keep the cows clean and happy.

TexasBred":1bxrc06b said:
Caustic Burno":1bxrc06b said:
TexasBred":1bxrc06b said:

What???? :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

38 weeks aint it? Ya'll mark those calendars. We'll see who comes on here bragging in 38 weeks. :cboy:

Latest posts