Being cold is relative............

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
ENTo6zWl.png

That is about right. I have only put on the long underwear about 6 days or so this winter. Those were all days below 15 degrees. Yesterday when we got home from church the wife commented on how nice it was outside. It was 40 out.

It's not cold unless you can spit in the air and it freezes and snaps before it hits the ground.

It's not cold unless cow turds make a tinkling sound when kicked across the lot.

It's cold when you can hear the poplar trees booming on a perfectly still day.

I was just out and did a few morning chores. It is 22 F with about a 15 mph breeze. One pair cotton socks in cowboy boots, Wranglers, a sweat shirt, a Carhardt chore coat, and a ball cap. By the time i get done eating breakfast the sun will be up and the coat will get unbuttoned, maybe even come off.

Dave":1yvi0t6p said:
I was just out and did a few morning chores. It is 22 F with about a 15 mph breeze. One pair cotton socks in cowboy boots, Wranglers, a sweat shirt, a Carhardt chore coat, and a ball cap. By the time i get done eating breakfast the sun will be up and the coat will get unbuttoned, maybe even come off.

-13F here this morning, similar attire but Bogs boots and uninsulated bibs under the Carhart coat. Still haven't had need for longjohns, but I suppose the day is coming.

It's oddly warm up here at about 40 everyday. As much as I enjoy it, we need it to get colder to keep that snow in the mountains for irrigating.

20-40 degrees with the sun shining is very pleasant. 50 degrees, cloudy, rainy or with high humidity and windy is brutal. Cold temps don't bother me. But add in the wind and humidity on a cloudy day and it sucks.

Worked outside all day Sat since it was in the mid 30s and sunny, low wind for once. Felt like spring.

Couple days last week were 37~41 deg and raining. Sure was miserable building concrete forms and stripping them let alone feeding cows. Carhartt heavy rain gear for sure! Lucked out today 46 deg and rain.

Named'em Tamed'em":2j0vjdhk said:
Couple days last week were 37~41 deg and raining. Sure was miserable building concrete forms and stripping them let alone feeding cows. Carhartt heavy rain gear for sure! Lucked out today 46 deg and rain.

I so don't miss Western Washington. Here we are in January and I haven't put rain gear on once. No traffic at all. I am beginning to think I have found paradise.

Latest posts