What is unique about this tool?

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
(Aside from the fact it still works?)
For most, it's probably 'just a flashlight' and uses a two D cell non-led rather dim bulb at that.
one, maybe 2 people here will recognize what sets it apart.

DSC00522.JPG

A hint. It's over 50 years old.

DSC00520a.jpg

both answers are correct.
It is a Class 1, Group C & D Permissible flashlight equipped with a safety circuit breaker, certification issued by US Dept of Interior, Bureau of Mines. .
Every part on it (bulb excepted) is either shatterproof plastic or brass.

DSC00531.JPG
DSC00527.JPG

Where did it come from?
;);)

DSC00521.JPG

DSC00530.JPG

The light itself is probably still pretty common. They were made for lots of companies.

Humble Oil & Refining Co, ceased to be, in 1973 and became Exxon..

Is it worth anything? not really, except to me.

Last edited:
both answers are correct.
It is a Class 1, Group C & D Permissible flashlight equipped with a safety circuit breaker, certification issued by US Dept of Interior, Bureau of Mines. .
Every part on it (bulb excepted) is either shatterproof plastic or brass.

View attachment 41628
View attachment 41624

Where did it come from?
;);)

View attachment 41625

View attachment 41627

The light itself is probably still pretty common. They were made for lots of companies.

Humble Oil & Refining Co, ceased to be, in 1973 and became Exxon..

Is it worth anything? not really, except to me.
I was thinking it was government issued.

I've got one similar if I can find it....
I'll post a pic.

Military used to have one that scattered the light so it wouldn't be as easy for the enemy to shoot your goofy atse!

I've got one similar if I can find it....
I'll post a pic.

Military used to have one that scattered the light so it wouldn't be as easy for the enemy to shoot your goofy atse!
They came with several different lens, stored in the batter cap end. 1 diffused the light, others were different colors, one was direct focused beam etc. Most of the ones I was familiar with (long long before this new age wannabe generation's fascination with "TACTICAL!" ) had lens that were offset 90°.

They came with several different lens, stored in the batter cap end. 1 diffused the light, others were different colors, one was direct focused beam etc. Most of the ones I was familiar with (long long before this new age wannabe generation's fascination with "TACTICAL!" ) had lens that were offset 90°.
I forgot about those 90 degree ones!
Ain't seen one of them in a cool, cool minute!

Latest posts