class reunions

Help Support CattleToday:

Been to every one of ours. Look forward to them.
The older I get the more my classmates meant to me (most of them, or at least some of them. :lol2: )

Now go to lunch every three months with the oldsters. Meaning from my class year back 10, 20, 30 year classes.

I'm a dropout, so I don't get invited, but my wife graduated the year I should have and wanted to go so I sent her solo and stayed home with the kids. She got hit on by almost every washed up jock in Exeter and within two weeks we had cards from every realter and insurance salesman our age that's still in our area. :frowns: She said she didn't see anyone that she wanted to see.
Personally, I know how to get in touch with the people I met that mattered...

I missed my 5 year. Made the 10, 15 and 25th. No 30th for the guys. The gals had a get together. They are having a 35 year this summer and some folks from classes in front and behind are wanting to come. It is all over Facebook. Would love to see some and don't much care to see others. Think I will go.

I have only went to my 20. It was an interesting experience. Everybody seemed to recognize me after they got past the beard, but it was very embarassing to have people walk up and me not recognizing them. There were several ladies that I remarked (to myself) "Dang, how did I miss that one" and also several I thought "DAM, what the he!! happened". The "hunk" jock went from slim egotistical prick to portly pompous prick. Things change.

Jogeephus":3pfaqe63 said:
3waycross":3pfaqe63 said:
Jogeephus":3pfaqe63 said:
I haven't missed my last three. Lots more enjoyable now that everyone has pretty much resigned themselves to just be themself. 3Way, I've noticed the same but have also noticed some of the ugly ducklings that truly became swans.

I married one of those Swans!!!

But is she able to say the same? :hide:

No she just tries not to think about it.......... :lol2:

greybeard":32u6fj49 said:
3waycross":32u6fj49 said:
I like to go and observe the avian features, the turkey wattles, crows feet, and chicken legs, on the ladies who thought their poop didn't stink 40 years ago. The vast majority of them have not aged nearly as well as they thought they would.

Thing is, that "observation" thing works both ways--but I know what you mean.
The good lookin blonde that used her physical attributes to conn me into unloading a boxcar of 100 lb sacks of feed at her dad's feedstore one Saturday, is now about as big as that boxcar.

[youtube]hKqZjgIfxe0[/youtube]
Reminds me of the story about a man taking a tour of a mental hospital. Came to a room which was a padded cell. The person inside would run and bang his head against the wall-over and over.
The visitor asked what was the problem and was told that man was engaged to Mary, but she jilted him and married another.

They walk on by and come to another padded cell with another man doing the same head butt routine.
The visitor asked what sent that man over the edge.
He was told, "Oh, he married Mary".

I haven't been to any because there's only 5 people from that class that I care to see again. It started out with me ignoring my 5, 10 and 15 year invitations. Just before the 20th one of the gals that I liked showed up at my office and asked me face to face to come. After I explained how I felt I never received another invitation. Suits me just fine.

slick4591":3csezkc7 said:
I haven't been to any because there's only 5 people from that class that I care to see again. It started out with me ignoring my 5, 10 and 15 year invitations. Just before the 20th one of the gals that I liked showed up at my office and asked me face to face to come. After I explained how I felt I never received another invitation. Suits me just fine.
If you went I'll bet you would find most of those people have mellowed out and are a lot nicer now.
Or, you can come to mine if you want too. Be glad to have you.

Actually, most of them still live in this area and I do run into them occasionally. Just have no desire to associate with them in a social setting because most have still not grown up. But he!!, I could probably have a blast at yours. Thanks! :lol:

3waycross":1b7schqn said:
I like to go and observe the avian features, the turkey wattles, crows feet, and chicken legs, on the ladies who thought their poop didn't stink 40 years ago. The vast majority of them have not aged nearly as well as they thought they would.

:lol: I thought this was the only reason to get a facebook page, so that you can do the same thing without having to get all spiffied up.

The year I graduated (73), we all learned to be a bunch of drunks. Nothing has changed, the drunks still come 'cuz it's a place to drink, and the teetotalers won't come cuz' we're drinkin'. Parties in school were the same way. Have noticed that a lot of cheerleaders have gotten really fat. gs

I kinda dislike social gatherings like reunions and find them frivolous and utterly tedious - a gathering with close friends and family on the other hand is entirely different and an absolute pleasure.

alisonb":1z3l0zv4 said:
I kinda dislike social gatherings like reunions and find them frivolous and utterly tedious - a gathering with close friends and family on the other hand is entirely different and an absolute pleasure.
How do you manage to work in your "pole dancing" at family get togethers?? :cowboy:

TexasBred":3kzd5ipg said:
alisonb":3kzd5ipg said:
How do you manage to work in your "pole dancing" at family get togethers?? :cowboy:

Inquireing minds would like to know.

Now TB that is funny.

TexasBred":6i3zzobc said:
alisonb":6i3zzobc said:

What? Ya'll don't have pole dancers at family reunions?

TexasBred":3djkh20l said:
alisonb":3djkh20l said:
Excellent point TB, that's not gonna happen at any of my family get togethers - perhaps that's frivolous and utterly boring :lol:

alisonb":35fi0mid said:
Excellent point TB, that's not gonna happen at any of my family get togethers - perhaps that's frivolous and utterly boring :lol:

Ali, in that case it appears you may have to bring your own pole. :lol: :lol2: :lol: Put it up under the pavilion next to the mud wrestling pit. It will draw a crowd. :cowboy:

Latest posts