World Class Bull Fight

Help Support CattleToday:

chenocetah

Reaction score
One of my farms is intersected through the middle by a major two lane highway, having a group of cows on each side of the road with a bull put in for each group during breeding season .. With the layout of this particular farm, I have my cowman rotate each herd on their side of the road at the same so that when a group on one side of the highway is adjacent to the road, the opposite group is in the back .. In other words, the two herds never see each other .. Well,........Somebody (I think I know who, but I better not say) rode their golf cart or ATV through one side of the farm and left EVERY gate open .. The bovines on that side of the road then proceeded to make their way through several open gates to the greener grazing next to the highway, and what does Bull #1 find but Bull #2 looking at him from across the road .. My guess is they were there all night across the road from one another bellowing and pawing before just after daylight one of them finally took a fence down.

Remember we on a major highway, right?

Whenever I started getting the ph calls, I was 15 miles away at on other farm .. I was being told on the ph that I had bulls fighting in the highway .. Yeah, right, but I sped as fast as I reasonably could towards the site .. When I was about half a mile from this place I encountered bumper to bumper backed up traffic .. I got over and run my truck down the shoulder of the road just knowing I was about to see a major accident with dead livestock, mangled vehicles, injured people and lawyers waiting with their grubby hands out ......

Well, that's not what I found .. These two about 2,000 lb bulls had tore down fences on both sides of the road, had electric wire and net wire with posts still attached scattered from ditch to ditch all across the road .. Traffic was backed up out of sight both ways, and these two bull were literally, in front of a good size audience, head to head on their knees fighting straddle of the yellow line in the middle of the road .. It was like it was some kind of tuffman contest and whoever got the other one back across the yellow line wins.

You ever tried to break up a real serious bull fight? No one standing there was even trying.

I got my fiberglass whip out of my truck and commenced to flailing and hollering at these unruly beasts, and after a minute they seperated, my guess of more recognizing my voice that the flogging I was administering.

I drug the fence out of the highway, the people and traffic dissipated, the bulls went back to their respective herds, and I quietly said a prayer that no one was hurt .. I called my cowman to bring a trailer to load one of the bulls and get him out of there and bring supplies to fix the fence.

Then I heard sirens coming.

Highway Patrol shows up and admits he had been summoned to the scene but had been given confusing directions and had gotten lost, he thought the cattle in the road incident involved a collision and was on this particular highway, but out the other side of town .. I informed him there was no accident and I had everything under control, and he went along on his merry way.

My cowman shows up, we load one bull, I leave him to fix the fence as I am late for a meeting at the State Farmers Market .. When I get a couple of miles out of town the opposite direction, I encounter an accident scene with flashing blue lights .. Turns out a very close friend of mine who is a seedstock producer had a #1 ET bull calf prospect killed in the road .. No human injuries .. But, get this......What is the odds of the guy who hit this calf, was the EXACT same guy that "claimed" to have damaged a vehicle in a collision with one of their cows EXACTLY to the day one year ago and made money off of an insurance claim?

Glad that guy wasn't driving out the other side of town!

Remember we on a major highway right

Glad no one was hurt. I would have been really upset what with all the gawkers and trying to split the bulls apart and the having to visit with the trooper, Not a nice way to start the day at all. Somedays are just not to be enjoyed. May be that the best was that none of the bystanders did try to "help."

You have a bull or bull's that need to go to the salebarn.
I have bulls seperated by a fence with hot and most everyone else around here doe's as well.
When one gets to the point we will wade through a fence to fight you can bet your ass he is going to again.
One of the best bulls I ever owned a fence didn't mean anything if he was in hearing distance of another bull.
If your fence is not hot enough to take the fight out of one you need to haul that boy to the barn .Your man might have left some gates open but you have a bull problem not a fence.

My father had cows all of his life. He said "That you need to keep two bulls in a herd, that way they could challenge each other and not roam."

CB ...... You kinda have a valid point, but you are entirely wrong .. That's what happens to people who make unwarranted assumptions .. First if all I never said my guy left the gates open, just that I'd rather not say who it was .. It was actually the land owners son whom I lease this farm from .. This kid is also scared of the 50,000 volt 12 Joule fence I have in place so he cut the charger off when he went fishing with his little buddies down at the back pond and never cut it back on .. When I decided to share a kinda humorous story with my fellow cattleman, I had in the back of my mind that some smart ass on here would try to tell me how to run my farm .. That's ashamed because I didn't ask for advice .. It takes about 40 bulls to service my operation .. If you can find me 40+ top notch Angus bulls with the EPD's of mine that are absolutely guaranteed not to fight, even across a turned off elec fence, or will not stand his ground against a strange bull of a neighbors, and can be bought for the salvage value of mine, send me a PM and I'll forward you the address to my working facility where you can have your truck driver deliver them .. Otherwise, keep your advice to yourself.

chenocetah":xcsewjt1 said:
CB ...... You kinda have a valid point, but you are entirely wrong .. That's what happens to people who make unwarranted assumptions .. First if all I never said my guy left the gates open, just that I'd rather not say who it was .. It was actually the land owners son whom I lease this farm from .. This kid is also scared of the 50,000 volt 12 Joule fence I have in place so he cut the charger off when he went fishing with his little buddies down at the back pond and never cut it back on .. When I decided to share a kinda humorous story with my fellow cattleman, I had in the back of my mind that some smart ass on here would try to tell me how to run my farm .. That's ashamed because I didn't ask for advice .. It takes about 40 bulls to service my operation .. If you can find me 40+ top notch Angus bulls with the EPD's of mine that are absolutely guaranteed not to fight, even across a turned off elec fence, or will not stand his ground against a strange bull of a neighbors, and can be bought for the salvage value of mine, send me a PM and I'll forward you the address to my working facility where you can have your truck driver deliver them .. Otherwise, keep your advice to yourself.

You still have crap bulls not worth the liabilty of the hamburger they are worth.
A bull that will tear out of a fence with or without electricity to cross a road to fight is salebarn material.
They dam sure are not seedstock.
If you don't want advice about bulls don't post. Or learn how to handle them.
They got out that is on you and you alone you own them.
You are trying to pass the blame on some kid for a management problem you have.
If some mom in a minivan and a load of kid's had gotten killed hitting one what are they worth now.
I raised bulls to long a bull like that is good for one thing hamburger.

Man, you can't read ... I never said I had seedstock bulls .. Geeesh!! .. My offer is still open, if you got better bulls since you raised so many, then bring em on, otherwise then no more responses to you.

chenocetah":1fhe9doa said:
Man, you can't read ... I never said I had seedstock bulls .. Geeesh!! .. My offer is still open, if you got better bulls since you raised so many, then bring em on, otherwise then no more responses to you.

Your PO'd cause all this whole incident is your fault.
You sound like a ghetto brother that is alway's claiming to be the victim.
Your the one bragging about your Angus bloodlines.
Seedstock or commercial they are still not worth the liabilty and that is on you.
You can't read quit blaming other people for your management of fences or poor selection of stock.
They are your bulls your are responsible for keeping them off the hiway no one else.
Any bull can show his ass it is our responsibilty as cattlemen to cull problems especially when it comes to public safety.
Those bulls would have been in a pipe pen waiting on the next sale here.
Have I had one bust a fence you bet , difference was mine went to the salebarn.
Bad temperment and disposition in a bull is something that should be culled immediately.

Even though I said I wasn't going to respond again ...... Man, YOU CAN'T READ! .. Refer to the very first post where I ask my cowman to bring the trailer and we loaded the bull I thought was responsible for the first fence breach .. He's gone .. He don't exist anymore .. Get over it! .. It was just a thing that happened and livestock getting out of a fenced boundary has been going on as long as man has been trying to fence them in ...

You completely lost what little credibility I even thought you had remaining when you insinuated I was "a ghetto brother" .. I happen to be a Black American and I take great offense to your racial statement .. I take full responsibility for everything that takes place on my farm, good or bad .. I am keenly aware of the liability exposure that took place that day, I'm thankful an accident did not take place, I pray one never does, and I am highly insured in case it does.

Your racial comment has exposed you for the dumb ass you are .. Go ahead and post something else so the whole world can see it .. I won't because I am blocking you out.

chenocetah":3gkfbmwk said:
Even though I said I wasn't going to respond again ...... Man, YOU CAN'T READ! .. Refer to the very first post where I ask my cowman to bring the trailer and we loaded the bull I thought was responsible for the first fence breach .. He's gone .. He don't exist anymore .. Get over it! .. It was just a thing that happened and livestock getting out of a fenced boundary has been going on as long as man has been trying to fence them in ...

You completely lost what little credibility I even thought you had remaining when you insinuated I was "a ghetto brother" .. I happen to be a Black American and I take great offense to your racial statement .. I take full responsibility for everything that takes place on my farm, good or bad .. I am keenly aware of the liability exposure that took place that day, I'm thankful an accident did not take place, I pray one never does, and I am highly insured in case it does.

Your racial comment has exposed you for the dumb ass you are .. Go ahead and post something else so the whole world can see it .. I won't because I am blocking you out.

Livestock getting out does happen, it happened to you twice in one day out of two different pastures seperated by a hiway at the same time. We aren't talking about two bulls that got in a fight over a crossfence in the pasture, but seperated by 75 a 100 feet right of way. That speaks volumes about your fences and your management .
I didn't know you are a Black and frankly don't care, I don't care if you are pink pokka dotted with a corn cobb up your ass, you went into victim mode the shoe fit . This whole incident is your fault. It is easy to blame the kid, or the bulls.
I was invovled in a five car pile up with a rancher's stock with your kind of attitude and people did ride to the hospital beacuse of it. Ranchers that can't keep their livestock off the road the legal system should light them up.

A bull is a necessary evil and a pain in the azz. They are either getting hurt, tearing something up or in the dam way. They have only one purpose in life and that is to fornicate with cows. The fact of the matter is THEY FIGHT, they tear up fences and they get out, even on the road sometimes.
My bulls have been in all of my neighbors pastures and all of my neighbors bulls have been on my place at one time or another. Its part of it, if you own a bull, you are going to have to put up with their shyt. No need to haul a bull off just because he fights. Do you disown your teenage son because he gets in a fight with another boy over a girl.....didn't think so....kinda the same thing isn't it.

chenocetah":6xmbm9kl said:

i believe the term is """african American""are it was at last count..

African Americans were my ancestors .. They were slaves and were brought here against their will .. They actually faired very well and I'm glad that episode in history took place because without it I wouldn't be here .. If i was to have been born in Africa, I would not be blessed with the freedoms and luxuries my family and I enjoy .. We just observed Memorial Day .. Some of my ancestors actually fought FOR the Confederate States of America in the Civil War .. My grandfather, father, I and countless others all fought to defend the freedoms we share and the ability of people like CB to voice their opinion .. Although I disagree vehemently with CB's opinion, I would fight again today to insure the ability for him to voice it .. I am not the Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton or even Barak Obama type and I think their actions does more harm than good to the Black Race .. No, I'm not African American ------ I'm a Black American, and damn proud of it.

chenocetah":3dlnd4kz said:
African Americans were my ancestors .. They were slaves and were brought here against their will .. They actually faired very well and I'm glad that episode in history took place because without it I wouldn't be here .. If i was to have been born in Africa, I would not be blessed with the freedoms and luxuries my family and I enjoy .. We just observed Memorial Day .. Some of my ancestors actually fought FOR the Confederate States of America in the Civil War .. My grandfather, father, I and countless others all fought to defend the freedoms we share and the ability of people like CB to voice their opinion .. Although I disagree vehemently with CB's opinion, I would fight again today to insure the ability for him to voice it .. I am not the Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton or even Barak Obama type and I think their actions does more harm than good to the Black Race .. No, I'm not African American ------ I'm a Black American, and be nice proud of it.
i think your right

Latest posts