This bull doesn't like bike riders.........

Help Support CattleToday:

Once a bull gets you on the ground is it better to stay down? They seem to hover and wait for you to get back up. Then you get the second blow. I was in a situation once. I stayed on the ground with my arms protecting my head. I could see a tree nearby. Once the bull started in the opposite direction I made for the tree...

Once a bull gets you on the ground is it better to stay down? They seem to hover and wait for you to get back up. Then you get the second blow. I was in a situation once. I stayed on the ground with my arms protecting my head. I could see a tree nearby. Once the bull started in the opposite direction I made for the tree...
that is what my Grampa said - for any bovine coming at you. he would say drop to the ground and they will jump right over you. I try to avoid checking that theory out. I have seen video of bulls grinding a person into the ground, so have my doubts.

Only time I got tangled with one was when I was about 6 or 7. We were feeding cut sweetcorn stalks from the garden off a flat wagon in the pasture. I was wondering thru the herd looking for my favorite pet steer when I came face to face with the old rip. Next thing I saw was sky, ground, head, sky, ground, head, sky, ground, head as she was rolling me down an incline. Dad got to me pretty quick before she did any damage. Of course you're pretty flexible and resilient at that age.

Latest posts