World Class Bull Fight

Help Support CattleToday:

chenocetah":378kluqg said:
African Americans were my ancestors .. They were slaves and were brought here against their will .. They actually faired very well and I'm glad that episode in history took place because without it I wouldn't be here .. If i was to have been born in Africa, I would not be blessed with the freedoms and luxuries my family and I enjoy .. We just observed Memorial Day .. Some of my ancestors actually fought FOR the Confederate States of America in the Civil War .. My grandfather, father, I and countless others all fought to defend the freedoms we share and the ability of people like CB to voice their opinion .. Although I disagree vehemently with CB's opinion, I would fight again today to insure the ability for him to voice it .. I am not the Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton or even Barak Obama type and I think their actions does more harm than good to the Black Race .. No, I'm not African American ------ I'm a Black American, and be nice proud of it.

Thank you for your service to our country and standing up for what you believe is best for your family and your community and not listening to what others think are best for you and yours. God Bless!

chenocetah":yt7jrmy3 said:
African Americans were my ancestors .. They were slaves and were brought here against their will .. They actually faired very well and I'm glad that episode in history took place because without it I wouldn't be here .. If i was to have been born in Africa, I would not be blessed with the freedoms and luxuries my family and I enjoy .. We just observed Memorial Day .. Some of my ancestors actually fought FOR the Confederate States of America in the Civil War .. My grandfather, father, I and countless others all fought to defend the freedoms we share and the ability of people like CB to voice their opinion .. Although I disagree vehemently with CB's opinion, I would fight again today to insure the ability for him to voice it .. I am not the Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton or even Barak Obama type and I think their actions does more harm than good to the Black Race .. No, I'm not African American ------ I'm a Black American, and be nice proud of it.

Hear, hear!!!

Well said sir.

calfbuyer":2yp10xi8 said:
A bull is a necessary evil and a pain in the azz. They are either getting hurt, tearing something up or in the dam way. They have only one purpose in life and that is to fornicate with cows. The fact of the matter is THEY FIGHT, they tear up fences and they get out, even on the road sometimes.
My bulls have been in all of my neighbors pastures and all of my neighbors bulls have been on my place at one time or another. Its part of it, if you own a bull, you are going to have to put up with their shyt. No need to haul a bull off just because he fights. Do you disown your teenage son because he gets in a fight with another boy over a girl.....didn't think so....kinda the same thing isn't it.

Bulls getting on the highway or road is our fault not the bulls. Most people are just to cheap to put up the kind of fence required to contain a bull or make excuses for the bull. If they can touch nose's and blow snot on each other any bull will fight, when they start tearing through fence's to travel to fight you have a liability from he!! on your hands It is our responsibility as Cattlemen to contain or cull our livestock that are problems to neighbors or the public. I had a lot full of them for years beside the road and never had one get out on the road. I have never had one of my bulls in my neighbors pasture. Had a neighbors Limi in mine once and the only way we figured he got in was to jump neighbors fence and jump mine in the back seperated by a creek. Neighbor sold the bull as he no more wanted my registered stuff with his than I with mine.
I have had them tear down a crossfence in the pasture and they left on the next bus outta here. If they will fight through a six strand barb wire fence and four hot wires they are not staying here. When I was selling bulls I sure as he!! didn't want a customer getting that kind of dispostion. My perimeter fence's are double fenced with six feet between fence's and hot as well except the one in the back on the creek and it is six strand and hotter than the hinges on the doors 'of hell. There is nothing more destructive than a bunch of yearling bulls. I got where I could tell pretty quick the ones that wanted to be troublemakers and sent them to Jack in the Box.

chenocetah":2ycimr14 said:

I will :tiphat: for being an American, I totally agree with you on your right to voice your opinon.
You took offense to the ghetto brother statement which I apologize. But you were thined skin as I had no idea or cared what color you are.
Heck have a family reunion at my house I have enough Mexicans to film an Alamo movie.
One Son say's at his wife's family reunion's he feel's like Joe at the Alamo, the black slave that survived the battle was allowed to leave.
He!! even bought my grandkids t-shirts that say the are my grandkids not illegal's to PO DIL's .
I have taught them all to say they are Hick-spanic.
If I got mad everytime someone on this board fired a shot about Mexican's I would be PO'ed all the time.

We are now pretty much off-topic on the original post, but I think this one suggests that we all need to be a little more careful in making a broad statement, about slapping down a "for instance." For instance: "ghetto brother." I think much of the country -- all of us doing what we do, and many others that don't do what we do, but they work every day, or are looking for jobs every day and trying to support their families, from every ethnic group -- are upset with ultra-liberals, the economy, taxes, generations of welfare folks, and immigration issues. But we need to avoid stereo-typing here. There is no "ethnic label" that attaches to the problem. And that's all I have to say about that.

Kathie in Thorp":49o12lf6 said:
We are now pretty much off-topic on the original post, but I think this one suggests that we all need to be a little more careful in making a broad statement, about slapping down a "for instance." For instance: "ghetto brother." I think much of the country -- all of us doing what we do, and many others that don't do what we do, but they work every day, or are looking for jobs every day and trying to support their families, from every ethnic group -- are upset with ultra-liberals, the economy, taxes, generations of welfare folks, and immigration issues. But we need to avoid stereo-typing here. There is no "ethnic label" that attaches to the problem. And that's all I have to say about that.

This is where you and I disagree we have all become to worried about being PC and somebodies feeling's getting hurt.
If you got a pile of pit bulls chained up in the front yard, covered in tattoo's and look like you fell face first into a tackle box, don't get upset when you are called white trash when you dress like it.
This is the real world . Guy moved in down the county road ask if there were any Mexican's around that he didn't want to live around them, I told him none except my grandkid's. He didn't PO me wave at him everytime I see him.

Caustic Burno":q25biny4 said:
Kathie in Thorp":q25biny4 said:

This is where you and I disagree we have all become to worried about being PC and somebodies feeling's getting hurt.
If you got a pile of pit bulls chained up in the front yard, covered in tattoo's and look like you fell face first into a tackle box, don't get upset when you are called white trash when you dress like it.
This is the real world . Guy moved in down the county road ask if there were any Mexican's around that he didn't want to live around them, I told him none except my grandkid's. He didn't PO me wave at him everytime I see him.
CB, all I'm (trying) to say . . . If there's a pile of pit bulls chained up in the front yard, and the owners are covered in tattoos . . . They are bad neighbors. That's all you have to say! If you have a neighbor that pisses you off, tell the story -- an ethnic slur doesn't have to be attached to it. None of us like those kind of problems!! Whether you think that problem person is "white trash", or black, hispanic, came over on a plane or a boat from Europe or Asia . . . . we get the idea -- doesn't need to have a "label" attached when there's an issue. There's just an issue with a neighbor, or business partner, or relative, or WHATEVER!

Caustic Burno":1ttwfmu7 said:
Kathie in Thorp":1ttwfmu7 said:

Agree 100 percent Caustic. This PC mess is one of the worst things to come along in a while. A very attractive Mexican lady I know works two jobs, in her families restaurant and at Wally World. When I see her I often say something like, "How you doing you good looking little wet back". She usually laughs and comes over to hug me.

I consider myself RedNeck. My ancestors were and I am. I am not proud of it and I am not ashamed of it. It just is.
I use that, and other words, liberally. I can say "Such and such is the way we Rednecks see it."
Or I can say, "That redneck white trash that lives out on the highway..."
Same word, different type of emphasis. Different context. Different meanings.
It is not the word. It's how it is used.

I kind of watch how I talk sometimes to keep from stirring up trouble. But overall I don't see any reason whatsoever to change the words I use.
Anybody that doesn't understand where I'm coming from has a problem with understanding somewhat abstract meanings. Ignorance is their problem, not mine. They need to get down off their pseudo-intellectual arrogant pedestals and get to know the real world and learn a little common sense.

And that's my say on the matter.

Ryder":1jbk74mt said:
Caustic Burno":1jbk74mt said:
Kathie in Thorp":1jbk74mt said:

Agree 100 percent Caustic. This PC mess is one of the worst things to come along in a while. A very attractive Mexican lady I know works two jobs, in her families restaurant and at Wally World. When I see her I often say something like, "How you doing you good looking little wet back". She usually laughs and comes over to hug me.

I consider myself RedNeck. My ancestors were and I am. I am not proud of it and I am not ashamed of it. It just is.
I use that, and other words, liberally. I can say "Such and such is the way we Rednecks see it."
Or I can say, "That redneck white trash that lives out on the highway..."
Same word, different type of emphasis. Different context. Different meanings.
It is not the word. It's how it is used.

I kind of watch how I talk sometimes to keep from stirring up trouble. But overall I don't see any reason whatsoever to change the words I use.
Anybody that doesn't understand where I'm coming from has a problem with understanding somewhat abstract meanings. Ignorance is their problem, not mine. They need to get down off their pseudo-intellectual arrogant pedestals and get to know the real world and learn a little common sense.

And that's my say on the matter.
Well said. Better than I did.

Cattle get out, simple as that, if you stay in this business long enough, i'm gonna stick up for the OP here and not even begin to touch on the racist comments that were passed. Eventually everyone will have a wreck, the OP did NOT try and pass the blame or offer excuses, simply related the story as it unfolded and how it was handled. I cannot afford to have a buford bull that will never fight, they simply wouldn't make it here and i know of alot of good cowboys that got hurt after being careless around a *usually* tame bull.

The only comment i have to offer is that we all carry 8 foot stock whips that can make a heck of alot of noise and tend to break up fights very quickly which can come in handy when your running cattle around grazing associations and such with alot of stray bulls. Of course grampa's remedy was a few rounds of .22 birdshot in the genital region from his Colt Woodsman but now a days we have more humane ideas about ranching!

Latest posts