CL 1 Domino 9126J - deceased?

Help Support CattleToday:

Kent is right. Another reason for using older proven sires is that some people just don't like the risk of using semen off a 40% accuracy or less bull. If you just use the ~2 year old bull that won Denver in the current year, you are going to get some great ones and some years you are going to get cattle with substantial flaws. For some people those great ones makes up for the not so great years. Other people want a more consistent product with less mistakes out in their pasture. I encourage people to be out there on the cutting edge proving bulls. Somebody has to do it afterall, but we should all be aware that there are risks.

I am going back in the Herefords and when I look at the "Modern" Herefords I don't see much to like. That's why I got excited that some of those good bulls of the 80's might still be available.

Wow, don't see much to like? People across the industry, including other breeds, have raved about the improvements made in Herefords in the last 15 years. The last 2 or 3 years have been great for bull sales as more and more people are buying them to put a white face on those black calves. I've had herefords since 1978, and I think they're better than ever.

Baylorcattleguy":3bpd26yh said:
Does Cooper have a website?

Holden Herefords does have a website. Holdens and Coopers are closely related, and buy bulls from one another every year. I believe there is little if any difference in their cattle. Both are near the top of bull sale averages every year with their Line One horned Herefords.

Latest posts