F-1 Wagyu

Help Support CattleToday:

You should try it. It is unusually good not to mention the unusual health factor. There is a difference. Mainly health, tenderness and flavor. Get some full-blood/purebred steaks and try it!!
You pay for it... I'm not paying that much for beef when I like what I'm already eating.

And "health" factor??? Extra fat is now healthy? That's the kind of logic all scams try to use to sell their product. Next you'll be claiming environmental benefits.

You pay for it... I'm not paying that much for beef when I like what I'm already eating.

And "health" factor??? Extra fat is now healthy? That's the kind of logic all scams try to use to sell their product. Next you'll be claiming environmental benefits.
The anti-fat campaign was paid for by sugar companies.

Ohio, but currently have a waiting list for finished wagyu. Have a couple of bulls available. Sold some breeding stock within a few hundred miles of you in the past. I'd be glad to add you to the list for some processed if you're interested. Usually sold as halves or wholes.

Study the human requirement for fat in your diet, you need it, but you need a healthy type fat. Saturated fat is by far the worst type of fat for you and European/American breeds of cattle fat is mostly saturated. Wagyu, Salmon, Olive oil, Tuna, etc have the healthy type of fat. Saturated fat is the heart attack fat.

Study the human requirement for fat in your diet, you need it, but you need a healthy type fat. Saturated fat is by far the worst type of fat for you and European/American breeds of cattle fat is mostly saturated. Wagyu, Salmon, Olive oil, Tuna, etc have the healthy type of fat. Saturated fat is the heart attack fat.
I'll have to check those claims out. I know that fat is essential, and that the popular hype against it is promoted by people with financial agendas. But the idea that Wagyu have monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fats is a little hard to swallow.

And I like fat, and eat it... and at 70 have had my arteries checked and they are clean. I think it's more about what you eat with your fats.

As I said... people selling fads often use inaccurate or fabricated information. You aren't going to tell me Wagyu have more fertile manure and are better for grass, are you? I'm not trying to be flip. I've just lived long enough to value my sense of disbelief before jumping on a bandwagon.

Sorry you took offense to my post. Just trying to be helpful. I've been into sustainable agriculture since I came back from Vietnam. I was a tree top level fixed wing recon pilot there and promised myself that if I made it out alive I would move to the country and live a simple life. When I got back in 1971 I started an organic farm in western Ohio to supplement my income while I used GI bill to go to college. I'm 75 years old now and have put the time in to discover what is real and what is not. I assure you I spent many years of learning by trial & error and had much skepticism of new fads. As for Wagyu, after dealing with them and other breeds of cattle for many years, I'll now say Wagyu are the real deal and can make a difference in health. As for manure, it is all good if the producer of it is fed without the contaminations that are commonly used on farm animals used for consumable product in modern times. As the famous Agricultural Author, Gene Logsdon, last book says: , "Holy ****: Managing Manure to Save Mankind". By the way, Chemical farming is one of those new fads to continue to be skeptical about.

Sorry you took offense to my post. Just trying to be helpful. I've been into sustainable agriculture since I came back from Vietnam. I was a tree top level fixed wing recon pilot there and promised myself that if I made it out alive I would move to the country and live a simple life. When I got back in 1971 I started an organic farm in western Ohio to supplement my income while I used GI bill to go to college. I'm 75 years old now and have put the time in to discover what is real and what is not. I assure you I spent many years of learning by trial & error and had much skepticism of new fads. As for Wagyu, after dealing with them and other breeds of cattle for many years, I'll now say Wagyu are the real deal and can make a difference in health. As for manure, it is all good if the producer of it is fed without the contaminations that are commonly used on farm animals used for consumable product in modern times. As the famous Agricultural Author, Gene Logsdon, last book says: , "Holy ****: Managing Manure to Save Mankind". By the way, Chemical farming is one of those new fads to continue to be skeptical about.
Don't worry... I didn't take offense. I'm just skeptical. It really sounds like a stretch to say one breed has a different kind of fat than all other breeds. Japan got their cattle the same way everyone else did.

My neighbor who has several hundred Wagyu says this fad will pass too. Just like Llama, Alpaca, pot belly pigs, and a lot of other things. The only difference is a Wagyu cow can get ground into burger like any other cows. What do you do with a pasture full of Llamas when the market falls out? But in the mean time he is making coin selling Wagyu bulls by the semi load.

My neighbor who has several hundred Wagyu says this fad will pass too. Just like Llama, Alpaca, pot belly pigs, and a lot of other things. The only difference is a Wagyu cow can get ground into burger like any other cows. What do you do with a pasture full of Llamas when the market falls out? But in the mean time he is making coin selling Wagyu bulls by the semi load.
Remember the people who bought in the emu fad, i know people who paid 25,000 for a breeding pair... My thought was, if it was good to eat, they'd be serving it at mc donalds.

Llama are eaten in other parts of the world. I'd like to try it, but have no idea how. Can it be made into ground meat? I suspect it is much like lamb... but why hasn't it been marketed as food? Does it taste funny?

They seem like fairly low maintenance animals, and reasonably productive. Not as finicky as sheep or as fragile as goats. What kind of return in terms of pounds of gain per year could they produce? I know people use them to protect herds, but does anyone eat any surplus? Why or why not?

Llama are eaten in other parts of the world. I'd like to try it, but have no idea how. Can it be made into ground meat? I suspect it is much like lamb... but why hasn't it been marketed as food? Does it taste funny?

They seem like fairly low maintenance animals, and reasonably productive. Not as finicky as sheep or as fragile as goats. What kind of return in terms of pounds of gain per year could they produce? I know people use them to protect herds, but does anyone eat any surplus? Why or why not?
They spit............this is why i'd never have one.

I was at the sale after the Llama market went south. A guy by me bought a Llama for $5. Someone asked what are you going to do with that thing. He replied for $5 I am going to find out what they taste like. There was a man not far from me on the coast who had about a thousand Alpaca. When that market crashed he had a sign along the road advertising Alpaca burger. Never tried either one myself.

I was at the sale after the Llama market went south. A guy by me bought a Llama for $5. Someone asked what are you going to do with that thing. He replied for $5 I am going to find out what they taste like. There was a man not far from me on the coast who had about a thousand Alpaca. When that market crashed he had a sign along the road advertising Alpaca burger. Never tried either one myself.
Huh... I'll have to see about alpaca. That's something that's small enough to try for only a few meals without filling a freezer.

Don't worry... I didn't take offense. I'm just skeptical. It really sounds like a stretch to say one breed has a different kind of fat than all other breeds. Japan got their cattle the same way everyone else did.
Its not just a stretch, its simply not true. Waygu beef has saturated fats as well as what they like to call "healthy fats". Waygu has more "healthy fats" than other breeds of beef, but that doesn't mean waygu beef ONLY has healthy fats. Just like you suspected, its a sales pitch.