Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon trucks longevity ?

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider":26jelr1y said:
I wish they'd back a small simple Toyota pickup. or a Chevy/Ford for that matter. It would be nice to run around in a 30 mpg diesel 4x4 and would suit 80% of my needs, heck maybe 90%

The Tacoma is a midsize by any measure.

We have a good selection of 4/5 cylinder diesels around 3 litre capacity from Toyota, Nissan, Holden, Isuzu, Mazda, VW , all engines are very modern and sophisticated and have been designed from the ground up to deal with emissions and I doubt that our regulations would be any lower standard than yours. They all perform very well are very economical both running around and towing especially coupled to modern electronic controlled auto transmissions. Our 2.8 litre Colorado tows our 2.2 tonne caravan very comfortably with auto pilot set it holds the set speed up hills and ranges with little fuss. As well they are all very capable 4WD's and come equipped with traction control and trailer anti sway electronically controlled through the ABS brakes as well as so many other sensors to help with parking and deviating from your lane. Won't be long now before we won't have to drive the cars just sit there.

Ken

wbvs58":2xp568dz said:
HDRider":2xp568dz said:
I wish they'd back a small simple Toyota pickup. or a Chevy/Ford for that matter. It would be nice to run around in a 30 mpg diesel 4x4 and would suit 80% of my needs, heck maybe 90%

We have a good selection of 4/5 cylinder diesels around 3 litre capacity from Toyota, Nissan, Holden, Isuzu, Mazda, VW , all engines are very modern and sophisticated and have been designed from the ground up to deal with emissions and I doubt that our regulations would be any lower standard than yours. They all perform very well are very economical both running around and towing especially coupled to modern electronic controlled auto transmissions. Our 2.8 litre Colorado tows our 2.2 tonne caravan very comfortably with auto pilot set it holds the set speed up hills and ranges with little fuss. As well they are all very capable 4WD's and come equipped with traction control and trailer anti sway electronically controlled through the ABS brakes as well as so many other sensors to help with parking and deviating from your lane. Won't be long now before we won't have to drive the cars just sit there.

Ken
I just can't figure out why we don't see them.

HDRider":3jxs3wyq said:
wbvs58":3jxs3wyq said:
HDRider":3jxs3wyq said:

Ken
I just can't figure out why we don't see them.

Probably the same reason so few diesels, or good gas engines as good trucks. Rules change to prevent the best trucks being sold in North America as Ford and GM could not compete. How many F150's would there be if Toyota had been able to import their Land cruiser?

wbvs58":2536rpfr said:
HDRider":2536rpfr said:

Ken

I mentioned it earlier, the US has the strictest emissions laws for diesel engines (specifically NOx and particulate) in the world. The only way to conform to them currently (without cheating like VW) is with urea injection.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/10 ... car-market

http://www.hybridcars.com/will-america- ... -problems/

Chevy/GMC? Fie. I'm still running my 2004 F150 as a plow truck (doing stuff with it that it probably shouldn't be asked to do at it's size, age and mileage (about 160k)). Thought about selling it when we got the new F150 a year ago, but I can't bear to beat up the new one as a plow/farm truck yet. So we plan to run this one as long as we can. We have retired her from long road trips; she has done her time on those.

Every thing we looked at a year ago when we were in the market had Ford trucks come out on top in most categories. Yeah, I said it.
:pop:

TexasBred":207ft6lk said:
I do my running around in a Nisssan Frontier 4 door V6...love the thing. Runs a hole though the wind, gets about 22 mpg. Only complain is it has a huge turning diameter.

Do you have enough room for 4 adults? I'm looking at those too.

shaz":2m6adweg said:
TexasBred":2m6adweg said:
I do my running around in a Nisssan Frontier 4 door V6...love the thing. Runs a hole though the wind, gets about 22 mpg. Only complain is it has a huge turning diameter.

Do you have enough room for 4 adults? I'm looking at those too.
Lots of room in front shaz but I'm sure the back would be a bit tight for adults.

That's a real right there. Just finished a 1250 mile road trip, averaged just over 20 mpg and spent less than $100 on fuel. New trucks can't burn used motor oil. Olé smokey only has 435k miles and was hardly ever drove for the last 15 years.

True Grit Farms":1m38gfyi said:

That's a real right there. Just finished a 1250 mile road trip, averaged just over 20 mpg and spent less than $100 on fuel. New trucks can't burn used motor oil. Olé smokey only has 435k miles and was hardly ever drove for the last 15 years.
You must have siphoned some fuel during that trip r it's dirt cheap over there. What is that 1985?

TexasBred":204nnm4l said:
True Grit Farms":204nnm4l said:

You must have siphoned some fuel during that trip r it's dirt cheap over there. What is that 1985?

I can attest the Grit will burn motor oil, cooking oil and even hydraulic oil in his diesel equipment and vehicles

M-5":168vr7y9 said:
TexasBred":168vr7y9 said:
True Grit Farms":168vr7y9 said:

I can attest the Grit will burn motor oil, cooking oil and even hydraulic oil in his diesel equipment and vehicles
Must be kin to Willie "By God" Nelson. :lol2:

M-5":2nvm11gg said:
TexasBred":2nvm11gg said:
True Grit Farms":2nvm11gg said:

I'll never burn cooking oil in another vehicle, I'm a idiot for even trying. All the frying that I've done in the restaurant, and cleaning the fans, screens and grease traps I should of know better. Don't believe nothing you read about making bio diesel.
:dunce:

TexasBred":1ep0r6wq said:
True Grit Farms":1ep0r6wq said:

TB, I bought the truck new 1992, to drive it back and forth to Georgia. For my trip I left Georgia with one tank full of oil and the other a 50 - 50 mix of oil and off road fuel. Sunday morning was cold in the mountains I had to use some WD40 to get it fired up. I need to run straight fuel in one tank for the cold weather from now on. At the house it fires right up but I plug it in when it's cold. I carry a can of starting fluid but have never had to use any.

Craig Miller":1pwz4ox9 said:
I burned all kinds of oil in my duramax. Always mixed though. Maybe ten gallons to a tank
Must of been a early model, the late 2007 LTZ engine and on didn't burn oil very well, they had a DPF that clogged.

04 model. Hydraulic oil. Gear oil. Rock bit oil. Trans fluid. Marvel mystery oil. Now that got some good mpg's

Latest posts