Toyota beats Chevy..........

Help Support CattleToday:

I have been buying GMC Duramax diesels for my company since 2007. We have put millions on miles on GMC trucks. We get a 125,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty... usually if something brakes it breaks in the first year.
We average 300,000 miles before we trade them off. Pretty good trucks.
Avoid "new generation years" as you don't want to be a beta tester.

I had one a few years ago and you could put a ton on and barely squat it. I think the ride is better on the newer ones, but the one I had rode like a log wagon. Also the cab was small as I barely fit with the seat all the way back.
My son once told me if I got one to get an extended cab so I could get the seat back farther.

In my particular case I'm looking at having to change jobs after Sept this year and will end up with an hour commute so I'm going to put a crap load of miles on it but still need to do farm stuff.
I mainly run a Toyota Sienna hybrid AWD. Took seats out (a no no) and can haul 4x8 anything and gets 35 mpg. I loaded 12 aheets of 1/2" plywood and closed the trunk, hardly sagged at all

Just after Christmas I seen my dad do something I never thought he would ever do. My sister was need a car, her 2000 Mustang finally gave it up after 180,000 miles. Dad bought her a 2020 Nissan; he has always been death on any sort of foreign cars even if it was built here. Maybe the world really is coming to an end.

Just after Christmas I seen my dad do something I never thought he would ever do. My sister was need a car, her 2000 Mustang finally gave it up after 180,000 miles. Dad bought her a 2020 Nissan; he has always been death on any sort of foreign cars even if it was built here. Maybe the world really is coming to an end.
Those foreign cars are more American than most of what the domestics have

I have been buying GMC Duramax diesels for my company since 2007. We have put millions on miles on GMC trucks. We get a 125,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty... usually if something brakes it breaks in the first year.
We average 300,000 miles before we trade them off. Pretty good trucks.
Avoid "new generation years" as you don't want to be a beta tester.

What the hell is a "warranty " . I married a man, he didn't come with any warranty...
Guarantee he can fix most things.... I never had any luck with a warranty always a pain in the butt. Runs out before dog biscuits hits the fan makes me want punch a dog clear to the creek. Better skip all that... tomorrow supposed to be 9 degree I maybe slappy some Grannies.

All transmissions are expensive nowadays. Too many electronics in them..
Yes, and if you have problems they don't even put in a new transmission. Dad had a 2004 Chevy that had transmission troubles when it was brand new. They would not put a new one in, only a rebuilt. He argued with them that a new truck should have a new trany; he finally gave up and they put in a rebuilt one. He had not problem after that. It was GM's policy to put in a rebuilt one.

Latest posts