Chevrolet or Ford

Help Support CattleToday:

• Chevy (GMC)

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Ford

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters
90% of all Ford trucks made are still on the road The other 10% actually made it home. Gotta love those heated tailgates, keep your hands warm in the winter dontcha know :lol:

We call Fords "alligator trucks" here. They've always got their mouth open with somebody's feet sticking out. :lol2:

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":223y4p3y said:
Ford, hard to beat a truck that's been #1 for 30 years running.

Ford dose not sell more trucks than GM. Flat out. Everyone seems to forget about the GMC Sierra. Silverado and Sierra sales are tallied seperate so Ford says they have the #1 selling 1/2 ton when they actually don't GMC Sierra 1500 and Silverado 1500 nearly outsale Fords F150,F250, and F350 combined, that's not even counting GM's 2500's and 3500's. GM's truck sales are seperated into two portions 75% of the sales are Silverado while the other 25% are the Sierra. Ever since GM has been on the market they have outsold Ford trucks. That's why GM is the #1 selling car company in America overall.

Frigin' Old Rebuilt Dodge
Fix Or Repair Daily
Found On Road Dead
Fast Only Rolling Downhill
First On Recall Day
Fabricated Of Refried Dung
Fails On Rainy Days
Fantastically Orgasmic Realistic Dream
Fatally Obese Redneck Driver
Fault Of R&D
Finally Obsolete Racing Device
Fireball On Rear Denting
First On Road to Dump
First On Rust and Deterioration
Fix Or Recycle Dilemma
Flipping Over Results in Death
Flipped Over Roadside Disaster
Follow Our Rusty Dogsled
Foot On Road Decelerates
Forced On Reluctant Drivers
Formed Of Rejected DNA
Forwarded Once; Return Denied
Forward Only; Reverse Defective
Forlorn, Old, Ratridden Dustbin
Fork Over Repair Dough
Fouled Out Re-done Dodge
Frequent Overhaul, Rapid Deterioration
Free Or Reduced Drastically
Frequent Opinion: Really Disappointed
Fumes and Odors Readily Detectable
Funny Old Rattling Dump

DitchBank":kg0bwahy said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":kg0bwahy said:

Ford dose not sell more trucks than GM. Flat out. Everyone seems to forget about the GMC Sierra. Silverado and Sierra sales are tallied seperate so Ford says they have the #1 selling 1/2 ton when they actually don't GMC Sierra 1500 and Silverado 1500 nearly outsale Fords F150,F250, and F350 combined, that's not even counting GM's 2500's and 3500's. GM's truck sales are seperated into two portions 75% of the sales are Silverado while the other 25% are the Sierra. Ever since GM has been on the market they have outsold Ford trucks. That's why GM is the #1 selling car company in America overall.

The question and statment addressed Ford and chevy, not GM.

DitchBank":hj7gj19c said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":hj7gj19c said:

GM is now #2,Toyota having outsold them. So maybe GM should count the Silverado and Sierra as one. Ford outsells GM with only F150 series trucks,always has.

Ford does not outsell GM in 1500 trucks, period. Combined the GMC Sierra and Chevy Silverado 1500(which are the same truck really) outsell Fords F150 thats a fact and they always have. The top selling vehicles in the US in 2007 #1 Ford F150, #2 Chevy Silverado (#11 GMC Sierra) that's with all vehicles not just trucks. Combine the #2 selling vehicle(Silverado) with the #11 selling vehicle (Sierra) you add those sales together and you come up with more than the F150 and nearly more than the F-Series line. That's right GM's half ton trucks nearly outsell the entire F-Series line of pickups combined.

In a medium sized metropolitan area near here which I won't name(Savannah) Toyota advertized their trucks for half invoice price. Ford dealer in same town followed suit. No wonder they're the sales leaders.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":viuigo0i said:
Guess Ford has been doing some false advertising all these years then. Would think General Motors would have been all over that. ;-)
Technically it isn't false advertising but GM dose sell more trucks in all grades. Why have so many people turned there back on American car companies like GM and so many people now support Toyota. How about an American made vehicle and have your money stay here in the US. Toyota's may be assembled in the US but the profits end up back in Japan not here in America.

I think people buy Toyotas because when the warranty has expired you can still drive them 100K without problems. It is hard to kill one. I've never owned one and do not want one. My youngest daughter and son have each bought two and ran the wheels off them and could not kill them. Tom :cboy:

DitchBank":11sulg7a said:
Frigin' Old Rebuilt Dodge
Fix Or Repair Daily
Found On Road Dead
Fast Only Rolling Downhill
First On Recall Day
Fabricated Of Refried Dung
Fails On Rainy Days
Fantastically Orgasmic Realistic Dream
Fatally Obese Redneck Driver
Fault Of R&D
Finally Obsolete Racing Device
Fireball On Rear Denting
First On Road to Dump
First On Rust and Deterioration
Fix Or Recycle Dilemma
Flipping Over Results in Death
Flipped Over Roadside Disaster
Follow Our Rusty Dogsled
Foot On Road Decelerates
Forced On Reluctant Drivers
Formed Of Rejected DNA
Forwarded Once; Return Denied
Forward Only; Reverse Defective
Forlorn, Old, Ratridden Dustbin
Fork Over Repair Dough
Fouled Out Re-done Dodge
Frequent Overhaul, Rapid Deterioration
Free Or Reduced Drastically
Frequent Opinion: Really Disappointed
Fumes and Odors Readily Detectable
Funny Old Rattling Dump

You forgot one. If you go backwards: Driver Returns On Foot

DitchBank":5fe8lf3d said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":5fe8lf3d said:
Guess Ford has been doing some false advertising all these years then. Would think General Motors would have been all over that. ;-)
Technically it isn't false advertising but GM dose sell more trucks in all grades. Why have so many people turned there back on American car companies like GM and so many people now support Toyota. How about an American made vehicle and have your money stay here in the US. Toyota's may be assembled in the US but the profits end up back in Japan not here in America.

I buy American.I own a Ford pickup and the bride owns a GM SUV. I have always tried to purchase American made products although very few if any American products are 100% made in the USA because of foreign made sub components.

The domestic auto makers have done the damage to themselves all the many years they built unreliable disposible vehicles,refused to give after warranty assistance and treated the customers like they had no other place to go to buy a vehicle. I spent 35 years in the auto industry in service management working for GM,Ford,Nissan Jaguar and Honda. When I worked for the foreign dealers in the late 70's they were bending over backwards to keep customers,30 years of taking care of customers changes the American consumers view.

My last three trucks were a Ford, Dodge and now a Chevy. The old Ford is still on the road with about 200,000 miles on it. My Dodge had 158,000 on it when my son-in-law drove it into the side of another Dodge truck sending them both to the scrap heap. My Chevy is a 2004 3/4 ton gasser 4X4 with 63,000 miles and there are days when I wish I had the old Ford back (or the Dodge for that matter). The lifters tick when you start it (yeah, it's full of oil), the rubber seal for the back door has fallen off, and the worst thing is the poor placement of the beer...I mean cup holders! One feature that the Ford or Dodge didn't have was the automatic skeeter fogger that the Chevy has. Start it up and it sends a cloud of smoke to the heavens.

Well just to clear things up here Ford actually outsold GMC an Chevy several times over the years most recently in 2004 when Ford came out with there new F 150. That year Ford outsold both GM brands by about 50,000 units. Back in the 90s when Ford came out with there PSD Ford outsold both several years in a row. Another interesting not Chevy actually outsold Ford alone back in the 1976. I attribute this to Fords 250 highboy. Chevys three quarter ton was lower profile an people liked those better. Thats the only year my Dad ever bought a Chevy because off that. In 59 years off buying trucks except for that one year all were Fords.

Our ford trucks have been good to us have driver several over 200,000 miles with no issues other then routine maintenance items. So we keep buying them. I was at a hot rod truck an tractor pull recently an noticed most all the sled pulling trucks were Fords. Out off all the brands out there Ford has the most loyal following off the bunch. It has my loyalty they haven't let us down yet. Nothing against Chevy at all but I just feel Ford has a better quality truck then anything out there. On anther addition to the Ford slogans First On Race Day.

Latest posts