charolais ai sires

Help Support CattleToday:

boone

Reaction score
Have used Kojack and Benefit from Select Sires on some of our cows. What other AI sires have any of you used and what were the results? Boone

amazing results with a young bull named stardust we started using him as a new bull then he turned out to be a top bull so they upped the price from 20 dollars lol. also a young bull named neon throws huge thick calves, used a bull named skymont but calves were always fruity

MikeC":jrixx4mp said:
Not my calf but out of my sire. Not the best picture either. Don't be too hard on me please...................
goldmin1.jpg
[/img]
For calves like this contact MikeC.

Sure Mike, put them in the mail :)

What do you think of Western Spur, I may use him on the 2 Rio heifers I purchased from Pate

For those familiar with EPDs, the data for these bulls is most likely EBVs and not directly convertable to EPDs.
I think the EU still uses EBVs anyway.

dun

EU, Australia and Africa uses EBV's.

There is no accurate way of converting, but EBV's are in kilograms and to get an indication you can mulitply by 2.205 to convert to pounds

The Benefit bullis owned by Leo Muncy who is close to my location. The calves are a little slow gaining but the heifers out of him are real cow makers. Big on milk. I have several out of this bull. The kojack calves are very good looking calves and kojack's numbers keep improving. Westurn Spur is getting a lot of looks and so is the New Trend bull. I bred several cows to Gridmaker, Choice Plus, Trademark, LT Rio Blaco 1234, BEnefit, Kojack. Budsmydad,Cigar,Wyoming Wind, Dike 914 have been sale toppers in lots of sales across the county. Hope this may help

Depends on what you are looking for.

For heifers see if Select Sires has any semen left on a bull named Perfect Mark. He was bred by DeBruckers. Used him a lot. Easy calving and heifers make great mama cows. Moderate frame with lots of capacity.

If you can find semen on the 9108 bull they also make excellant cows.

Our AICA rep wanted us to use Smokester but never got the chance. Full brother to Smokin Joe and Cigar I think but said to be better.

I would not use Wyoming Wind as we had to much foot problems out of his calves.

Hope this helps

Johnny

Guys, go and check out the details on the AICA website for Trait leaders, bulls that on on the mutiple trait list should be excellent canidates for AI sires... Bulls like 914, 9108, Cigar, and Wyoming Wind the semen prices are to high from $100 to 350 in the last year for a single straw. Let the Purebred breeders use those sires and spend that type of money.
A couple of bulls that have been doing extremely well across the board is Gridmaker 104, Gain & Grade 927, and then i like the Polled Value 9089 bull for daughters. 104 is going to add thickness and extra muscle defination along with great spring of rib. 927 is a flatter muscled bull, daughters make excellent mothers though and he is in the top 1% for marbling and daughters will pass that on. 9089 is a bull that has been used extensively in a few herds, the daughters in production show very moderate frames, amazing, almost perfect utters, but i was expecting more performance out of them, they flesh easy, breed fast and produce a good amount of milk for the calves, so keep the females out of him... Use those bulls for results that you don't have to take a chance on. Some of the other bulls mentioned in above posts i have not heard of and I have been a purebred breeder since 1985. That's taking a change on an entire generation of calves, can you gamble that much ??