Charlais cows

Help Support CattleToday:

johndeere535

Reaction score
I am debating on whether or not to purchase 10 pure bred charlais cows. 4 of them already have young calves and the rest are close to calving. Most of them also have papers. He is asking $1200 a peice. I was wondering if this was a bit steep? Also I was wondering if i should go with Angus cows instead of charlais. Roughly how much more money per calf will either one bring at a cattle auction? Thanks for your help.

The price would be too high for me.
The color isn't all of the selling points.

I have Carolais, Black Angus and Char Angus cross all bring top price as feeder cattle. Hard to tell without seeing them, are they nice quiet acting cattle? For good young poven stock cows of decent size and temperment up here in MN 1200 $ would be about right.

mnmt

If they are good, that is really pretty cheap. Commercial pairs are bringing this kind of money. I watched the Charlais sale at the Denver Stock Show this winter and they averaged over $8000. Granted this was the big boys of the breed, but $1200 with a calf on them. CHEAP!

JD535, you must have seen the same ad I was reading earlier. Thats about average in this area for good pairs.

Latest posts