Cattle Resources (Mags/Books)

Help Support CattleToday:

Schrute

Reaction score
Im looking for a couple of good resources to help me with getting started in the cattle business (or hobby, with a profit)...
What are the names of a few good magazines I could subsribe to?
Also, are there any particular books you'd recommend?

Thanks!

Schrute":11rvbher said:
What are the names of a few good magazines I could subsribe to?

Thanks!

Western Livestock Journal, and Beef Cow/Calf Weekly(they also have an e-mail version that comes out several times per week). Books - Morrison's Guide to Feeds & Feeding, and Merck Veterinary Manual. If you have a college in your town that teaches agricultural classes, check out the bookstore - you'll find lots of resources there.

for some good mags just call up the breed associations of your choice and subscribe they got lots of info on each breed you order

Since you're in Texas, contact your county extension service! They have a good program, and offer courses throughout the year, generally one day or half a day. You can learn more about your specific area, which can really be helpful if you're thinking about getting started.

Missouri and would think most of the states have an educational series that you can buy that will take you through most everything you need to know that can be taught from books. The MO version is available through the the extension service. This link will at least point you in the right direction.
http://extension.missouri.edu/xplor/agg ... i/beef.htm

Latest posts