Cattle Passion/Money

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven":2qviefne said:
Bigfoot":2qviefne said:
I'm sure CB was speaking metaphorically. If so, then I would agree. Civil unrest is not handled very well today.

I beg to differ. I been around here long enough to know that CB puts it out there EXACTLY as he means it. In fact, it is the one thing I respect him for. You don't have to guess what he means.

Honesty is a virtue.

Bright Raven":20sikdi2 said:
dieselbeef":20sikdi2 said:
man aint that the truth..this place derail a 200 mph maglev with a toothpick

Have you noticed it is usually Caustic Burno that gets off-track? I think he forgets what thread he is posting on. ;-)

Edited to add:
dieselbeef, You introduced a term that is new to me - pussification. If I understand the meaning. There are times, not as much as when I was younger, that I would appreciate some pussification.

FYATHYRIO
I can't make it any plainer
If you are too stupid to remember the civil riot violence along with the Vietnam war protest they used everything from bullets to batons.
If your too stupid again
You and the horse you rode
In on.

Son of Butch":395h4ezi said:
Caustic Burno":395h4ezi said:
Fifty years ago they would shoot you on college campuses for civil disobedience today they retreat.
LOL - seems you are drawing dividends on your memory banks and believe the shootings were wide spread approved
and ordered. That's like your grandsons saying in 50 years "When Obama was president, they would shoot you for
being black in a public place."

By the way could you tell us 'Which retreat from a college campus for civil disobedience happened today or recently?"
or did you dream that also?
FYATHYRIO? Is your answer to... which college campus has civil unrest today and who retreated?
Enlighten us, or admit you are just blowin' smoke about current college campuses and are still livin' in the 60/70s

Most Americans are not old enough to have any memories earlier than 1977 - 1984 so their inability to remember
prior events has nothing to do with stupidity.

Caustic Burno":3etza6r9 said:
Bright Raven":3etza6r9 said:
dieselbeef":3etza6r9 said:

Have you noticed it is usually Caustic Burno that gets off-track? I think he forgets what thread he is posting on. ;-)

Edited to add:
dieselbeef, You introduced a term that is new to me - pussification. If I understand the meaning. There are times, not as much as when I was younger, that I would appreciate some pussification.

FYATHYRIO
I can't make it any plainer
If you are too stupid to remember the civil riot violence along with the Vietnam war protest they used everything from bullets to batons.
If your too stupid again
You and the horse you rode
In on.

CB, you just set the bar lower than I thought possible. That is not even good for a laugh. You should be ashamed!

woah...hope that wasn't directed at me sir.....cuz I didn't even know what it meant til I googled it. I was born in 64..aint my fight...

but I have seen history...still wanna talk about making money off cows not kent state

dieselbeef":1oxbwvjn said:
woah...hope that wasn't directed at me sir.....cuz I didn't even know what it meant til I googled it. I was born in 64..aint my fight...

but I have seen history...still wanna talk about making money off cows not kent state

He is not directing that at you, he is just confused about pussification. :lol:

In the interest of reestablising tranquility, I want to post a few words of encouragement to Caustic Burno. Your post clearly demonstrates your frustration and exasperation. I feel partly responsible for your state of mind. Son of Butch is also culpable but I leave it to him to make his amends .

You are a very fine man and I love you dearly. I should have been more thoughtful before I offended you sensitivities. In many regards you are are not unlike the snowflake liberals. As being more prone to taking offence and less resilient than previous generations, or as being too emotionally vulnerable to cope with views that challenge your own.

I apologize.

Bright Raven":2ovpyohf said:
In the interest of reestablising tranquility, I want to post a few words of encouragement to Caustic Burno. Your post clearly demonstrates your frustration and exasperation. I feel partly responsible for your state of mind. Son of Butch is also culpable but I leave it to him to make his amends .

You are a very fine man and I love you dearly. I should have been more thoughtful before I offended you sensitivities. In many regards you are are not unlike the snowflake liberals. As being more prone to taking offence and less resilient than previous generations, or as being too emotionally vulnerable to cope with views that challenge your own.

I apologize.

You two get a room why don't ya?

Be sure and shower afterwards.

TennesseeTuxedo":2lqug8nq said:
Bright Raven":2lqug8nq said:

I apologize.

You two get a room why don't ya?

Be sure and shower afterwards.

I sure as heII didn't mean it that way. You just took 5 years off my life.

I only want him to know I care!!!

Son of Butch":22ckwp5r said:
Son of Butch":22ckwp5r said:
Caustic Burno":22ckwp5r said:
Fifty years ago they would shoot you on college campuses for civil disobedience today they retreat.
LOL - seems you are drawing dividends on your memory banks and believe the shootings were wide spread approved
and ordered. That's like your grandsons saying in 50 years "When Obama was president, they would shoot you for
being black in a public place."

By the way could you tell us 'Which retreat from a college campus for civil disobedience happened today or recently?"
or did you dream that also?
FYATHYRIO? Is your answer to... which college campus has civil unrest today and who retreated?
Enlighten us, or admit you are just blowin' smoke about current college campuses and are still livin' in the 60/70s

Most Americans are not old enough to have any memories earlier than 1977 - 1984 so their inability to remember
prior events has nothing to do with stupidity.
We'll try Berkeley for recent events

Caustic Burno stated:

That is not a judgement. In other words, Caustic did not state that "It is moral or that he advocates the shooting and killing of young Americans for expressing their constitutionally protected beliefs through freedom of speech and assembly."

The problem I have with the statement is that it sounds like it was a common acceptable practice. That is absolute :bs:

Caustic Burno":3491lg8e said:
Fine line between genius and booger eating moron you happen to fall on the booger side.

Come on CB. You know that is wasted space.

The issue is all that matters and you are wading out in the weeds.

You are becoming a snowflake: being too emotionally vulnerable to cope with views that challenge your own.

I'm afraid we're headed toward disaster. When colleges are shutting down speeches b/c someone who is not even going to go is offended, we are treading on dangerous ground and the First Amendment is becoming a door mat to stupidity. There are a lot of things said here, and in my direction, that could be deemed offensive. So what? What I'm really afraid of is that when we start to label speech offensive, who gets to do that? What becomes offensive? It's a slippery slope to he//.

Bestoutwest":2wd7io37 said:
I'm afraid we're headed toward disaster. When colleges are shutting down speeches b/c someone who is not even going to go is offended, we are treading on dangerous ground and the First Amendment is becoming a door mat to stupidity. There are a lot of things said here, and in my direction, that could be deemed offensive. So what? What I'm really afraid of is that when we start to label speech offensive, who gets to do that? What becomes offensive? It's a slippery slope to he//.

Best,

The right to free speech and assembly has survived a long time. It has survived challenges before. It will likely survive them again.

Bright Raven":31q6ed9h said:
Bestoutwest":31q6ed9h said:

Best,

The right to free speech and assembly has survived a long time. It has survived challenges before. It will likely survive them again.

I hope you're right, but it scares the heck out of me when colleges are canceling speeches b/c a group of protestors don't like it. We should be educating people that it's OK if someone says something that is the opposite of how you feel. Should we turn our backs to different opinions or peacefully debate and hope to change minds? I was raised in a house that believed in the latter, and I feel that when we stop doing that we will all suffer.

Bright Raven":33bu85pf said:
dieselbeef":33bu85pf said:

Edited to add:
I think George Carlin coined it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSrzwB1DVFs

Wow. I've heard of threads getting off topic, but I thought I had clicked on the wrong thread. I think I clicked on with a comment about having cattle for money or passion, but at this point, I don't think anyone would even know what I was talking about.

How about that War of 1812? Any thoughts.

herofan":2344cpa0 said:
Wow. I've heard of threads getting off topic, but I thought I had clicked on the wrong thread. I think I clicked on with a comment about having cattle for money or passion, but at this point, I don't think anyone would even know what I was talking about.

Caustic probably fought in it so he can take that one. :lol:

Bright Raven":1ic0adil said:
herofan":1ic0adil said:

Caustic probably fought in it so he can take that one. :lol:

You'll notice that CB comes from a long line of great warriors who bravely fought for the causes of their day, he unfortunately did not carry on the family tradition.

Latest posts