Cattle of the European Alps

Help Support CattleToday:

Post Oak":9c0n1pfm said:
I have always heard that farmers in that part of the world usually only keep a few cows, but they are mostly 100% AI thus negating the cost of a bull. Those are some beautiful pictures. It's hard to believe that many of my ancestors left places (Alsace and Swabia) like that to end up here in the hot muggy South.
HDRider":9c0n1pfm said:
They sure go light on the fencing.

Beautiful pictures.

Fencing seemed pretty flimsy and temporary for the most part. It may be as post oak noted that they don't use many bulls. On my entire trip I saw one bull.

HOSS":9c0n1pfm said:
I just returned from the alps last week. I was in Germany and Austria just a few km from the swiss border. I saw a lot of cattle just like that in similar settings. The scenery was beautiful. Everything seemed so peaceful and slow. Nice pictures. It looks like you enjoyed yourself the same as I did. We were probably close to each other and didn't even know it :D

I just read your thread in the coffee shop and i had the same thought. I visited the Hofbrauhaus in Munich as well. We may have been drinking steins of beer together unknowingly

Andrew

That is possible Andrew. I was at the Hofbrauhaus on Saturday the 13th. My favorite place of my whole trip was Flagenfurt, Austria.

Latest posts